Renting a car in salt lake city for a few days who torrent from?

My in-laws are in town, and we are headed to victor for a long weekend, and we need to take two cars. We'll take the cruiser, but 6 people and all their stuff mean a second car. I'm not taking the Porsche or the convertible. So... Gotta rent a car for a few days. Who would you rent from?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

national, you can walk up, pick a car and drive away. decent reward program, usually end up with close to a free week every year pre vid. also corp approved so i can only pick from big name rentals for reimbursement.

Budget keeps sending me Emails.
    Last one this morning was a SUV for $37/day I think.

Hotwire.com is good for renting automobiles.
    It's a prepay system if you are OK with that.

Enterprise always do a good job, including generally better locations

Had an issue with Enterprise in SLC. Picked up the car at the airport and they were “too busy” to do the pre-rental walk around so I went back to the booth and asked for the damage waiver. Had to drop it late for a flight so keys in the box deal. Got a call a couple weeks later that there was some bumper damage. I didn’t hit anything. I asked if they showed that I elected the damage waiver and they said yes. I asked why we were talking then. Gave me a weird vibe but I don’t rent many cars. Maybe it’s always like that.

Alright. That is a few good leads. Solitude was dead dead dead yesterday, so I imagine the tourists are kind of done flying in and renting suvs. Thanks guys.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

If you’re a Costco member check out their rate. Not always the best deal, but has been several times for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Turo?

Put in a search on autoslash.com to see what the best rates are.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There was discussion that many of the rental companies are going to be in a bit of hurt. During the shutdowns they had extra inventory that they sold and shrunk their fleets. Now there are parts shortages and delays with new car deliveries and many auto plants having issues with just in time parts delivery instead of inventory of parts available and having to shut down. Some are recommending doing 2 reservations and then cancelling if in fact your reserved vehicle is available and able to be picked up, then cancel the 2nd companies backup reservation.

No idea of SLC rental market personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Had an issue with Enterprise in SLC. Picked up the car at the airport and they were “too busy” to do the pre-rental walk around so I went back to the booth and asked for the damage waiver. Had to drop it late for a flight so keys in the box deal. Got a call a couple weeks later that there was some bumper damage. I didn’t hit anything. I asked if they showed that I elected the damage waiver and they said yes. I asked why we were talking then. Gave me a weird vibe but I don’t rent many cars. Maybe it’s always like that.
    Never heard of this damage waiver trick. Although, I usually do the walk around beforehand and take photos on my phone of any bullshit blemishes I see just to protect myself on the backend of these deals. Do they just waive any damages if they don't do a walkaround?

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    There was discussion that many of the rental companies are going to be in a bit of hurt. During the shutdowns they had extra inventory that they sold and shrunk their fleets. Now there are parts shortages and delays with new car deliveries and many auto plants having issues with just in time parts delivery instead of inventory of parts available and having to shut down. Some are recommending doing 2 reservations and then cancelling if in fact your reserved vehicle is available and able to be picked up, then cancel the 2nd companies backup reservation.

No idea of SLC rental market personally.
    I mean, HTZ is already bankrupt and that's about a third of the domestic market. I don't know how much more hurt the industry could be in. I'm sure the industry as a whole is still overfleeted. That's good for consumers, though. With ski season wrapping up, I'm sure there are deals to be had in SLC.

I would just use Kayak or whatever and see which of the big 3 brands has the cheapest minivan. That's fucking plush for the family road trip. You're not going to see a big difference in customer experience unless you're a business traveler who is always fucking with reservations or whatever.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I can't believe no one's mentioned https://www.ruggedrental.com/index.php yet. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon? Dodge 3500?

Autoslash got us 50% down from our previous low. I don't know what it is, but my father in law was STOKED.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Never heard of this damage waiver trick. Although, I usually do the walk around beforehand and take photos on my phone of any bullshit blemishes I see just to protect myself on the backend of these deals. Do they just waive any damages if they don't do a walkaround?
    I don't rent many cars, maybe one every 2-3 years so not an expert. You used to be able to buy extra insurance which Enterprise had at the time. Maybe $20-30 extra per day. I was only in the car for a day and it was on the company tab and had some pretty tight travel timelines. I know they didn't call back after the initial call and my card was never billed anything.

RENTING A CAR IN SALT LAKE CITY FOR A FEW DAYS WHO TORRENT FROM?
    You wouldn't download a car...oh wait.

I'll second the check with Costco if you have a membership. I've used it a couple of times and probably 2/3 of the time found the best deals there, but that tended to be when I was looking for something larger than the standard economy model. When I just needed any car, I found better rates elsewhere.

Also, what's the point of having a Porsche if you can't take it on long drives and minimize the number of in laws to whom you are exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I'm not taking the Porsche or the convertible.
    Sick unsubtle brag, bro