Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bush find. Reluctant neighbor.

I've seen this bike bandied about my neighbor's yard several times over the last 3 or 4 years, and tried several times to get it from him. Today, I was fucking with the goddamn dog electric fence. I chased the air into a bush that abuts my neighbors property at the very back of the lot. And in the bush first I saw an old metal chair, I noticed the bush branches were all chopped up, and that the fence was makeshift. I knew their dog had been escaping, and that they had built a makeshift fence, but had not been up there to check it out. They are restoring the property (looks amazing so far) and are scheduled to do the fence in the next month or so. As I kept looking for the stupid wire in the bush, I saw a bike. It's the bike! I want it. He still won't give it up. But he let me take it to do a prolonged restoration... We'll see what happens, but I REALLY WANT THIS BIKE!!! at least it is in my garage now...

Fat Chance Titanium. I really want it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210330_152813.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	369758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210330_153451.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	369759

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Dang, hopefully you can talk some sense into the neighbor. That thing's rad.

Fuck that guy.

Bush find. Reluctant neighbor.

Was he using it to patch the fence? Nice moves offering to restore it, I hope it works out for you and the bike. That’s such a cool bike.

make sure you put some sweet bull horns on that sucker. and paint the fork yellow. or red. both! flames.

Name:	bar ends.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	369763

Damn. I too, want that bike.

Does he give a reason for not giving it up? Sentiment? Value? You banged his wife?

That is awesome.

The thought of a titanium bike frame somehow tied into an electric fence is, well, electrifying!

Ride like the wind!
    . . .

Best part is, I have a fully functional 1inch steerer mag21 fork sitting in the garage. Gotta check length. But I think it should be long enough.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

He knows what it is, and he bought it new when he was younger living in Massachusetts. Each time I try to get it from him, he says, oh man, I'm gonna put some wheels on it and give it to my daughter to ride around the u of u. I say, no. Don't do that. It will get stolen. Give it to me. He says, no, I should really fix it up and ride it occasionally, I've thought about getting rid of it, but I just can't. Well. Technically it is still his. But it is in my garage right now.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Fuck that guy.
    This. Guy would rather use it to patch a fucking hole in his fence rather than let you have it? Shiiiiiiiiiit... I got a nice piece of chainlink I'll bring to your house, maybe that will convince him to relent.

On a similar note, Ms Boissal and I go by a decrepit house with junk all over the driveway on our walk to the dog park. Sometime this fall an old beach cruiser appeared from under a freshly removed tarp. It's in good company with an old fridge, a partially dismantled jazzy, and untold mysteries still hiding under various covers. Ms B told me she'd had her eye on it for a while and wanted it as a yard ornament (the thing has baskets she wants to put flowers in, etc...). I was a bit offended at the thought but figured the bike would probably feel better as the centerpiece of a nice yard rather than rotting away in a driveway.

Yesterday I walked over with the dog and knocked on the door to see if the owners would part with it. Lady opens the door, listens to my pitch (nice bike you got there, would love to take it off your hands and clean it up as a gift to my wife, etc...), and says no. I thought she meant she wouldn't give it to me for free (totally fair) so I offer to buy it. $20? Nope. $50? Nope. Fuck, $100? Still nope.
    Lady, do you have plans for the bike? Cause it's been sitting there getting snowed on all winter, you're old as hell and rolled to the door in a jazzy, so clearly you're not riding the fucking thing and your grandkids would hate getting it as birthday gift. Stil no? Ok thanks, I totally understand not wanting to disturb the fucking feng shui of the driveway-turned-landfill you got going on there...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

nice find

Pretty popular bike in the MRV back in the day, lots of other Fats around as well. Bet there are a couple holding cobwebs within a two mile radius of my place right now.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'll just leave it here for a little while...
    Oh... Anybody holding some parts that would nice on this thing? Parts are a mishmash of more modern non functional xt and lx. Not gonna use that shit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210330_185923.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	369774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210330_183604.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	369775

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    wow. that's fantastic. Fat Chance and IF both birthed from Fat City. Lots of history for american frame building in your garage.

My kids fondling my custom IF Ti Deluxe... sound is pretty funny- IF Blog

My early custom made if deluxe... Sent my body measurements and had this frame custom made in like 1996.

Name:	IMG_20210330_191653.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	369777

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This. Guy would rather use it to patch a fucking hole in his fence rather than let you have it? Shiiiiiiiiiit... I got a nice piece of chainlink I'll bring to your house, maybe that will convince him to relent.

On a similar note, Ms Boissal and I go by a decrepit house with junk all over the driveway on our walk to the dog park. Sometime this fall an old beach cruiser appeared from under a freshly removed tarp. It's in good company with an old fridge, a partially dismantled jazzy, and untold mysteries still hiding under various covers. Ms B told me she'd had her eye on it for a while and wanted it as a yard ornament (the thing has baskets she wants to put flowers in, etc...). I was a bit offended at the thought but figured the bike would probably feel better as the centerpiece of a nice yard rather than rotting away in a driveway.

Yesterday I walked over with the dog and knocked on the door to see if the owners would part with it. Lady opens the door, listens to my pitch (nice bike you got there, would love to take it off your hands and clean it up as a gift to my wife, etc...), and says no. I thought she meant she wouldn't give it to me for free (totally fair) so I offer to buy it. $20? Nope. $50? Nope. Fuck, $100? Still nope.
    Lady, do you have plans for the bike? Cause it's been sitting there getting snowed on all winter, you're old as hell and rolled to the door in a jazzy, so clearly you're not riding the fucking thing and your grandkids would hate getting it as birthday gift. Stil no? Ok thanks, I totally understand not wanting to disturb the fucking feng shui of the driveway-turned-landfill you got going on there...
    I find people like this are always worried you are trying to screw them. “He clearly knows more then I do and it must be worth a lot so I won’t be had”

I currently ride a custom steel IF road frame. Work of art.

I may have some xtr brakes and some other stuff. I’ll check if you liberate the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I would send you my Arch Supremes w/PW levers but they are on my Unicoi.

I'll look in the vintage parts bin and see what I have for you, basinbeater. Love the purple IF! Here's a few glamour shots of my steel planet x...

Name:	MZPX_05sm (1).png 
Views:	62 
Size:	757.1 KB 
ID:	369803

Name:	MZPX_09sm.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	369804

Name:	MZPX_14sm.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	937.7 KB 
ID:	369805

Beauty!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

[QUOTE=chaka;6280209]I'll look in the vintage parts bin and see what I have for you, basinbeater. Love the purple IF! Here's a few glamour shots of my steel planet x...

The Bars. Nice touch. "25 dollars and a bike frame to my name...."

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I find people like this are always worried you are trying to screw them. “He clearly knows more then I do and it must be worth a lot so I won’t be had”

Don't underestimate the intense warm and fuzzies people get from stuff they don't appear to care much about.

http://revisionisthistory.com/episod...psychology-101
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

That's the cue to call the city/town/municipality bylaw for a messy yard that conflicts with whatever beautification rules they have.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

[QUOTE=Kootenai;6280606]
    Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I'll look in the vintage parts bin and see what I have for you, basinbeater. Love the purple IF! Here's a few glamour shots of my steel planet x...

The Bars. Nice touch. "25 dollars and a bike frame to my name...."
    "I spent the rest on parts so who's to blame"