PSA: cheap Shifts and Pivot 14 B130

This is a Canadian retailer and I know nothing about their shipping so look into that yourself.

Think these are even cheaper prices than corbetts right now, and are in Canadian pesos.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...332902153.html

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...1752=332911757

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    This is a Canadian retailer and I know nothing about their shipping so look into that yourself.

Think these are even cheaper prices than corbetts right now, and are in Canadian pesos.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...332902153.html

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...1752=332911757

Yeah I saw those and am wishing those pivots were 115s.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yeah I saw those and am wishing those pivots were 115s.
    I had the same thought.

Doesn't appear as though they Ship south of the border though

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

I had the same thought.

We need to find some $40 115 brakes.

store is liget. its the REI of the north.

I can re-ship if needed but I bet corbets will ship direct and be cheaper overall

REI of the north? questionable. feels more like dicks sporting goods of the north.

that said. sportchek is plenty legit. Could also reship for someone as I have one up the street with possible stock. but shipping as a standard customer is not cheap from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    We need to find some $40 115 brakes.
    I'm definitely not an expert on pivots but I think to change brakes you need the entire baseplate... I don't think they're cheap.

I'm definitely not an expert on pivots but I think to change brakes you need the entire baseplate... I don't think they're cheap.

Nope. They are $100.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    REI of the north? questionable. feels more like dicks sporting goods of the north.

that said. sportchek is plenty legit. Could also reship for someone as I have one up the street with possible stock. but shipping as a standard customer is not cheap from Canada.
    I'd love to take you up on the offer. I'll PM to work out details.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I'd love to take you up on the offer. I'll PM to work out details.
    They have free shipping within Canada if those costs are less than $20... anyone in Canada could order them for probably no extra cost, but then you'll have to pay the actual shipping from here to you.

I don't have a package to weigh and measure to get that quote so you'd just have to commit to that charge now before we know what it is.

If you're OK with all of that I could also be the intermediary and order them for you.

Have a box of these shifts sitting next to me: 40x19x18cm 2.2kg

Some advice for reshipping to USA:

1. Shipments to a Canadian address (or purchases in store) will need to pay Canadian sales tax based on the province it's shipped to (or purchased in for in-store). Alberta has the lowest tax at 5% so make friends with an Alberta mag (not me - I pay 13% tax). Taxes don't apply if shipped directly to the USA from the store, so this is usually a better option if available.

2. UPS through Netparcel/Paypal (https://pp.netparcel.com) generally has the lowest shipping rates to USA available to the general public. You need to sign up and log in through Paypal but no requirement to actually do the transaction through Paypal.

3. No duties or brokerage fees to USA if the declared value is <$800 USD. (I wish the same was true for shipments TO Canada). Up to you and your ethics what you do if the value is >$800.

4. Sport Chek has a 10% coupon for email signup. It works on most items, and you can sign up multiple times with different emails (if you have gmail, just add "+something" before the @gmail.com for a "new" email that goes to your existing account). There are often other promotions, for example code "EMAIL" for $20 off $100+ (ends today and can't be combined with 10% off).

5. Ordering clearance stuff online through Sport Chek can be a crapshoot. It's shipped from store inventory, and may or may not actually be in stock, and may be missing parts or otherwise defective.

6. Sport Chek annoyingly does not list brake sizes for many bindings. From personal experience, the Shifts they have all seem to be 110mm, and the Wardens may have a random brake size, or maybe no brakes.

7. Make sure to buy your friendly Canuck reshipper a beer or few (and remember beer is more expensive up here due to taxes).

Quote Originally Posted by eggsbenedict View Post
    Have a box of these shifts sitting next to me: 40x19x18cm 2.2kg
    Thanks... I'll use that to quote if someone wants me to do a re-ship.