2nd Set of Skis for Pops

Howdy TGR,
    My dad is looking to grow his quiver beyond the Rustler 9s with Shifts.
    Im thinking of Commander 98s, Brahma 88s, K2 Mindbender 90 TIs, or similar. All of these in the 180-185cm range.
    Let me know if you have anything that might work, local pickup in WA, CO, or anywhere in between. Shipping is fine as well.

Thanks.

I have a pair of 2019 Brahma 88s w/ demo Attacks that were purchased as demo skis from Powder7 last year. I have skied them thrice. They were rated as 6.5/10 on Powder7's website, which I'd say is generous. The topsheets are beat to shit, but the bases are pristine, and the skis rail turns like they're brand new. So if you don't care what they look like, let me know if you're interested and would like me to take pictures.

Corbetts has Mindbender 90ti in most sizes for around $310 shipped. Once I fixed the POS tune from the factory, these have become a really fun ski for any condition under 5". Really easy on my aging knees, which I assume pops might appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Corbetts has Mindbender 90ti in most sizes for around $310 shipped. Once I fixed the POS tune from the factory, these have become a really fun ski for any condition under 5". Really easy on my aging knees, which I assume pops might appreciate.
    The 99s are a quiver of one

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

2nd Set of Skis for Pops

I have a Justis for sale for $300. Mounted once. Skied less then 50 runs. It’s a 189 but skis shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    The 99s are a quiver of one

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I saw that deal, also a great price on Brahmas.
    What do you both think between the 99 and 90? He wants something that is a bit more high speed, GS-turn-oriented, and I think the 99 would overlap with his Rustler 9s too much. Thoughts?

Brahma is essentially a fat GS ski. They are a force when kept on edge. Any new snow over a few inches he will want to be on the Rustler though. The Brahma is not very playful and gets bogged down in anything over a few inches. If he wants similar GS capability but in end of day groomer conditions the Mindbender 99 would be more versatile. The Bonafide 97 would also be a great compliment to the Rustler 9.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My daily driver the past couple of years has been an Enforcer 100. As an aging fat guy (mid-40s) I was getting tired of having to "work" the E100 on hard pack or low snow days (1"-3"). I decided to give a skinny ski a chance to see if it would help my knees. I first tried Liberty Evolve 90, but found it basically a less capable E100. Fortunately I am in a position that I don't have to have a one ski quiver, so I tried the MB90ti. Initially I hated it, but after putting an actual tune on it (F' you K2 for even sending these out), the skis hit that sweet spot for a low tide ski.

I'm not saying they are right for your pops, but for me, they were the right ski to take stress off my knees and make me enjoy low tide days again. Best comparison I can give is they pivot like a full rocker ski, but are completely solid on hard pack or ice. Not sure that is what you are looking for, but if so, definitely give them a look.

I have some basically new Rossi Experience 88’s in a 186 (green and black from 2017) that are mounted with PX15@326 bsl. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Brahma is essentially a fat GS ski. They are a force when kept on edge. Any new snow over a few inches he will want to be on the Rustler though. The Brahma is not very playful and gets bogged down in anything over a few inches. If he wants similar GS capability but in end of day groomer conditions the Mindbender 99 would be more versatile. The Bonafide 97 would also be a great compliment to the Rustler 9.

I would not suggest anybody the bonafides that did not race in their youth. Matter of fact Aspen/Snowmass finally removed them from their demo fleet after kicking Jerry's asses on the "premium demo skis".

Sent ya a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    I would not suggest anybody the bonafides that did not race in their youth. Matter of fact Aspen/Snowmass finally removed them from their demo fleet after kicking Jerry's asses on the "premium demo skis".
    There have been so many beat to shit Bonafide and Brahma demo skis on Ebay the past few years.