Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Cheer up there champ. once you have that third you'll wish you had the last weeks sleep. It'll get better in about 4 years.

Fatherhood anonymous; an open discussion on being a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    For those of you with wives that are vegetarian/vegan, did they do anything to change their diet or just rely on the prenatal vitamins?

My wife is halfway through week 6 and nausea hit her like a bus. If you asked, she would tell you she is pescetarian but she's really a vegetarian that didn't want to give up shellfish. Previously, we ate at least 50% vegan at home. She started out great adding fish 3x/week to her diet but over the past few days has gone from sharing equal portions, to a few bites, to not being able to stomach anything. I am going to see how she does with bay scallops and any gulf shrimp still around but I'm not overly hopeful until the nausea goes away.

I do not want to make anything harder on her right now and want to balance that with getting as many good nutrients to her and the embryo as possible. She's been really stoked on oats and leafy greens. Has no desire for anything egg right now and even before the pregnancy could only tolerate a little dairy. I have been thinking we need to increase our lentils after a Fall spent eating local beans two or three times a week and am planning on picking up a few different kinds of nuts this weekend.

Anyone go through this and have suggestions? We meet with the OB the first week of January and will talk with them in detail.
    You’re going to be a Dad ?

CONGRATULATIONS !

I remember meeting when you were a broke-ass college kid in Bozeman. Happy for you, this will be a cool journey.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Don't people know better than to bring up co-sleeping?!?!? It's a contentious issue, a third rail much like vaxxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Cheer up there champ. once you have that third you'll wish you had the last weeks sleep. It'll get better in about 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is one of the dumbest things posted in this thread. Infants and young children sleeping with their parents is more common than not around the world. It’s not like they’re going to continue sleeping with you into their teens.

It can lead to more sleep problems for everyone and is a slippery slope. During the eight years I spent with my three kids through a preschool Co-op, I talked to many dozens of parents. The were many times someone would complain about their kid throwing up on them while sleeping, the bad sleep, etc. The majority rest of us who never went down that path (never gave in and gave our kids the idea it was okay to sleep with us) just kept quiet and laughed to ourselves.

I don't think my kids were scarred from having to stay in their own bed. They seem ok, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well I’m glad you guys made us aware of the dangers. I’m going to have reconsider this, my adult children are likely stunted because of it.

Seriously, the concept of infants and toddlers sleeping isolated from their parents is a very new idea if you look at human history.

Uh, lots of things are new ideas such as vaccines, germ theory. What exactly is your point?

Parents used to do a whole lot of stuff to their kids that we don't recommend anymore.

We slept with ours.
    Personally, minimizing parenting effort wasn't really a goal, having secure, confident kids was. I confess to parenting to the opposite of what my parents did.

Sleep suffered a little on my end, much more so on my wifes with breast feeding, but it would have taken armies to convince her of any other way.

Everyone is different and that's a good thing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

^^ This. Anyone being judgmental about such a simple thing one way or the other needs to STFU. I mean who gives a shit?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I thought getting barfed on was a badge of fatherhood. No?
    What about the explosive diarrhea and failing diaper while in line at the store?

I readily admit I have no real idea what I was doing, fatherhood was terrifying at so many levels, especially given how my brother and I ended up. So, yeah, no judgement there.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Don't people know better than to bring up co-sleeping?!?!? It's a contentious issue, a third rail much like vaxxing.
    Or circumcision.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What about the explosive diarrhea and failing diaper while in line at the store?

I readily admit I have no real idea what I'm doing, fatherhood was terrifying at so many levels, especially given how my brother and I ended up.
    Had the diaper gasket leakage happen at a restaurant about 20 years ago, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Had the diaper gasket leakage happen at a restaurant about 20 years ago, good times.
    >>clink of glasses<<

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Doing it into their teens isn't the issue. It's wanting to do it when they are 3,4,5, etc. Basically it's a short term solution to sleep issues that creates a longterm problem. If you value your sleep, let the kid learn to sleep on their own at a very early age. We let our first kid sleep in our bed one night and were like fuck this!

No different than using leashes, hoola hoops, etc., to teach the kid to ski. Totally unnecessary crutch that just creates habits that become harder and harder to break.
    The hula hoop can be useful if you do it right. There's no need to malign it.

Agreed on leashes and letting the kid sleep in your bed, though.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I dumped an undie-load of kid turds on my wife's head not realizing they were in there.

My youngest had a sensitive tummy and a hair trigger. Something about that cool air on the bum and not being home led to several down-range walls getting Pollock'd mid diaper change.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I remember finding out one of the guys I played football with in high school still slept in his parents bed... and so did his brother.

Seriously WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I remember finding out one of the guys I played football with in high school still slept in his parents bed... and so did his brother.

Seriously WTF.
    Have you checked in lately? Still happening? NTTAWWT

Ours was in the back of the Subaru driving cross-country.

My best diaper leakage story actually belongs in the trip report thread. But I only tell that story in person. So if I ever meet any of you IRL, try to jog my memory and I'll tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My best diaper leakage story actually belongs in the trip report thread. But I only tell that story in person. So if I ever meet any of you IRL, try to jog my memory and I'll tell it.
    Oh, c'mon. Spill. What better venue than this?

Oh, c'mon. Spill. What better venue than this?
    Nope. In person.

Cosleeping made camping easier. And it lead to purchases of paco pads, which also made camping easier.

I blame parents being told not to sleep with their kids for all of the problems in America. The Japanese symbol for river, "kawa," is also the same symbol as where a child sleeps in the house; safely between the river banks of the two parents. They don't even know what a crib is in Japan.

Name:  kawa.gif
Views: 314
Size:  4.9 KB

What’s the symbol for tornado between two parents?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Those look like railroad spikes.

or horse penises.

Wait, so Kawasaki means river of rice wine in English?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang