Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    perhaps you should have done more than request that he stop.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He was a good kid. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    perhaps you should have done more than request that he stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    He was a good kid. RIP.
    LOL.

Yes, I had to remind myself that in the long run it's an annoyance and he'll be wrecking my car in 10 years anyway.

He and our puppy Border Collie are exactly like Calvin and Hobbes when they get together and no one is watching. Something is gonna break, fingers will be pointed and someone is ending up in a crate for a timeout.

And in the end it will all be hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    LOL.

Yes, I had to remind myself that in the long run it's an annoyance and he'll be wrecking my car in 10 years anyway.

He and our puppy Border Collie are exactly like Calvin and Hobbes when they get together and no one is watching. Something is gonna break, fingers will be pointed and someone is ending up in a crate for a timeout.

And in the end it will all be hilarious.
    I bet the kid won't let on that he hates the crate.

Driving to school this morning:
    Son #1: “ hey dad, 79 in French is Deez Nuts!”
    Dad: “ that’s awesome, ha ha ha”
    Son #2: “Hippos kill more people than sharks”
    Dad: “Heh”
    Son #1: ”Coconuts kill more people than them both, gotta make sure you don’t get hit in the coconutz with a coconut”

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    …We spent hours watching repetitive au pair introduction videos…
    Wtf, every time I search up “au pair videos” my wife gets all upset - how do you manage that!?!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

We kept our first (and only) so damn clean for the first 8 months of her life - no daycare, grandma's only, sterilized the SHIT out of everything, blah blah blah - that when she got her first virus/cold it was so bad we, and the doctors, thought she had leukemia. What the fuck were we thinking. Let the kids get dirty, inoculate slowly. Turns out she just had a plain old cold, but her immune system overreacted to the point her red and white blood cell count mimicked that of a cancer patient. She's 17 now - 18 in a couple of days, currently out at her last Prom, and going away to college next year. I'm going to miss her immensely. Enjoy the time you have with them boys, it's gone WAY faster than you think. I'd give pretty much anything to walk my little girl to school holding hands one more time.

Welp. Just found out if all goes well I’ll be joining this thread next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Wow, holy shit. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I'd give pretty much anything to walk my little girl to school holding hands one more time.
    I'm very lucky in that I get to walk my (7 y/o) son to school each morning, and sometimes on the way home if he doesn't have soccer/golf/tennis/scouts/etc. or the million other things that clog up a kids life.

That walk is the single greatest part of my day, and I try like hell to make sure that I don't ever take it for granted.

Being present in these years is something I really strive for.

Congrats!

I used to come in all sweaty from a 5 mile run, and the first of the three sons I saw I would give this big, sweaty hug "oh i missed you sssoooooo much." Got so when I came in from the run they bolted to thier rooms and locked the door. Ms MT "you realize when you do that they change clothes immediately and I have something else to wash"

those were good days.
    "Can't you see..."

How pissed will your wife be when she finds out about it?

I have no fucking idea how 18 years goes quickly for people. Do you guys just ignore your kids for 10 years or so to make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I have no fucking idea how 18 years goes quickly for people. Do you guys just ignore your kids for 10 years or so to make this happen?
    On this life that we call home
    The years go fast and the days go so slow
    The days go so slow
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The days go so slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there.
    This is funny. These exact same words came to my mind reading muted's post.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This is funny. These exact same words came to my mind reading muted's post.
    Shhh.

But yeah, with mine all sprouted up and fledging, it brings into focus all that crazy shit and how awesome it was. The mantra at the time was "be present", glad I tried. Especially with my daughter who is now tearing the world up.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Getting some 1:1 with thing#3 lately. He's 17, and the only kid home right now. If driving to an AAU tournament together is when we get to bond, so be it. He seems to enjoy it in a 17 yo kinda way. Mom's taking him to Boston to look at a few schools end of next week. Thing #2 is going to live at home next year and commute to UVM. He'll be a junior. That will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    <snip> Thing #2 is going to live at home next year and commute to UVM. He'll be a junior. That will be interesting.
    I don't think that's the right term...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The days go so slow
    Well quoted.

I think if you do almost the same thing every day the years kinda blend into each other and seem to go fast.

I think days go slow no matter what though, in a good way when things are good and in a bad way when things are difficult. Days seemingly only go fast when there is a million things to do.

But one lesson I need to learn is that my 5 year old will be wiping her own ass anytime now, I need to be present next time I wipe here.

Fatherhood anonymous; an open discussion on being a dad.

Such a cliche but the days of youth flies. It really has felt like a blink of the eye between age 1 and 10. I see many signs at this age of a teenager in there and it is so bittersweet.

Somr of my best memories with my daughters are all the days we spent skiing the tram at Big Sky (obv) but the other is when I used to drive them both to school every morning and we listened to the radio show Brooke and Jubal in the Morning. Holy fuck it was so funny we used to laugh our heads off, even though it was early and we were all tired, etc. I used to think I had to do "hardcore" shit with my kids to make great memories but now I realize the simplest times spent together are just as important if not more so.

We appear to be in the middle of a four month sleep regression. Baby went from sleeping 4-7 hours at a time to waking up every two hours; often because she is hungry. The struggle is real.

Thing one was born 3 weeks and a day early and 4.5 lbs. That kid nursed every two hours for the first year. We were beside ourselves. And then magically one day started sleeping through the night, every night.

There's no rhyme or reason. They can start out great sleepers and then turn to shit, or start out never sleeping and suddenly start sleeping all night. Parents want to figure out why but there is no why, it just is.