Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Became a dad twice over yesterday. Our son is 3 1/2 and our daughter is just barely 24hrs old now. Everything went perfectly.

Any other dads find themselves way more stressed/anxious the second time around? With the first I think I was in the ignorance is bliss category and unaware of things that can and do go wrong. I found myself asking way more “what ifs” this time around and was just generally on edge, especially leading up to D-day (was a scheduled c section), but the day of I felt just fine. It’s going to be fun seeing how different this one turns out from her brother. He came out mad at the world and looking for a fight. She’s hardly cried since she escaped and is just content to snooze, stare, and feed. What a trip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300A1192-1CB0-4F56-8856-6BCA902BA240.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	388384
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Everything else matters a little bit less these days. She's almost 9 months, and getting very mobile. Outside is her happy place right now--I'm hoping we'll find ways to get out and enjoy the winter this year. The logistics become a little more challenging.
    Wow, so much curiosity in those eyes!! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Any other dads find themselves way more stressed/anxious the second time around?
    Well shitfuck..

Wait until the third.. things I jumped all over with 1 and 2 seem like NBD with 3. All about perspective I guess.

Beautiful picture BTW.. Definitely deserves a print and frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Wow, so much curiosity in those eyes!! Love it.

Well shitfuck..

Especially liked the age between “learn to crawl” and “learn to walk”. Mega-cuteness and ours loved being taken outdoors in the pack.

Now waiting (im)patiently for the “learn to ski black diamonds” age.

Number 2’a arrival was more stress on many levels. But once both kids starting playing together it starts to get easier for sure. Hang in there!

Awsome pic. Savor every minute. Mine’s now a freshman at Boise St. Pretty quite around here, taking a bit of adjusting. Need to find a new ski buddy…or just back to skiing by myself. Ski the first Black together was awesome, first Double Black even better!

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I really like my Mom. She secretly bought my 6 year old(6 YEAR OLD) a low cut dress with fake boobs in it. I find out as she is wearing it around the house.

I told my Mom, do crap like that again and I will punch you in the face, hard.

Everybody has a line, it might not be in the right place but they do. If they don't, they are terrible parents.
    People gonna get mad, but I gotta say this... sorry not sorry.

Think of a little boy. He wants to be like his dad so he copies him. He might put on a tie. Or a tool belt. He might put shaving cream on his face. We could dress him up in any miniatures of anything his dad might wear.

There is nothing I can think of socially acceptable for a man to wear or even do (in public) that we would not think was sweet and cute for a little boy to do. He learns to be a man by copying his dad.

Now, let's try and navigate the same situation as a little girl.

Think of all the things little girls are too young for? How do girls get to play being a woman?

Why can't your daughters copy their mothers?

Why are the standards so different?

Fatherhood anonymous; an open discussion on being a dad.

^^ Frankly those reactions are from women way more than men.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Frankly those reactions are from women way more than men.
    Maybe so, but I was responding to a post where a man threatened to punch his mother in her face over a dress up dress she bought his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Maybe so, but I was responding to a post where a man threatened to punch his mother in her face over a dress up dress she bought his daughter.
    You are posting in a fatherhood anonymous thread.

Die cunt.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Wait until the third.. things I jumped all over with 1 and 2 seem like NBD with 3. All about perspective I guess.
    This. And Thing #3 turned out OK nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You are posting in a fatherhood anonymous thread.

Die cunt.
    You troll, isn't this your first post in this thread? Why don't you unsubscribe/unfollow her posts and move on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Helped my boy build this so we don't destroy the garage door while he's working on his shot. It's got moving blankets taped to the back to absorb the energy he hopefully develops.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    sigless.

^brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I never told her I was going to punch her in the face, that was short hand for "knock it off I'm really not playing around."

6 year old's don't need boobs. They can wear whatever fancy dresses without them being low cut cheap skank wear with boobs.

"Oh boys could never wear something blah, blah, blah." Okay, lets put a huge cucumber in a 6 year old's leather pants with matching hat and put pictures on the internet and see if you get arrested.

Name:  leather.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  25.3 KB

Just because I can pull off that look doesn't mean its okay for 6 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Became a dad twice over

Any other dads find themselves way more stressed/anxious the second time around? With the first I think I was in the ignorance is bliss category and unaware of things that can and do go wrong. I found myself asking way more “what ifs” this time around and was just generally on edge,

Name:	300A1192-1CB0-4F56-8856-6BCA902BA240.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	388384
    More the other way round. I'm always thinking: yeah it'll be alright.

But two are so much more work. One kid is no kid I can't fathom how people handle 3+
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    <snip> I can't fathom how people handle 3+
    By putting them to work... early.

These were the older 2 way back in the day:

Name:  blizzard2.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  98.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I can't fathom how people handle 3+
    Well they usually don't worry that much because they have spares incase they break one or two.

Well they usually don't worry that much because they have spares incase they break one or two.
    Also, this ^^

Heh.
    Makes total sense. And there is the old saying: it's takes the whole trailer park to raise a kid.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I never told her I was going to punch her in the face, that was short hand for "knock it off I'm really not playing around."

6 year old's don't need boobs. They can wear whatever fancy dresses without them being low cut cheap skank wear with boobs.

"Oh boys could never wear something blah, blah, blah." Okay, lets put a huge cucumber in a 6 year old's leather pants with matching hat and put pictures on the internet and see if you get arrested.

Name:  leather.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  25.3 KB

Just because I can pull off that look doesn't mean its okay for 6 year olds.
    I have no idea what the dress looks like but when I was little my friends and I definitely put socks or whatever in our shirts to see what boobs would be like. Breasts are a visible and integral part of womanhood with a whole bunch of different values, attitudes, and purposes attached to them... feeding babies, providing comfort, sex objects...

Its kinda different from dicks which are be kept in pants, not visible to society. Not on billboards. Not on advertisements.

Dont teach your daughter to take responsibility for the thoughts or actions of men/boys.

Just something to think about.
    Last edited by Salvelinusconfluentus; 10-11-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Its kinda different from dicks which are be kept in pants, not visible to society. Not on billboards. Not on advertisements..

Name:	camel.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	745.3 KB 
ID:	388678

You lose.

Put 'em to work at an early age! But work with them. I have some great memories of doing jobs around the house with my girls, talking to them, listening to music, etc. And I was happy to pay them, and teach them that work = money. I think that's better than using the old line "Well we buy your food and clothes" etc. (Like my parents did lol.)

Name:	deck.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	498.0 KB 
ID:	388682

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    By putting them to work... early.

These were the older 2 way back in the day:

Name:  blizzard2.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  98.8 KB
    What a hard life, looks like it's uphill in every direction.

Congrats Crock!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Congrats Crock!
    2nd one was easier from a mental terror standpoint for us (as you understand more about what won't kill them), but it's crazy to see how different they both are. Our first few years with two were rough as ours are 2 years apart, but once they hit 3 and 5, them playing together was magic.