Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Congrats KTow01!! It’s the best adventure even though it’s hard. I miss having my daughter sleep on me like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Jesus save me. I was waffling on those karate and jiu jitsu classes, but I think I can find room in the budget.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Assuming you're talking about classes for the kids and not you, I taught my girls self defense for women using YouTube videos and practicing in the basement. Anybody who fucks with them is either getting eyes gouged out, head butt, or throat punch.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Assuming you're talking about classes for the kids and not you, I taught my girls self defense for women using YouTube videos and practicing in the basement. Anybody who fucks with them is either getting eyes gouged out, head butt, or throat punch.
    Hmmm. Have had some real conversations with my 11 yo daughter about sketchy guys but haven't gone down the physical defense road yet. Any yt tutorials you would recommend?

I always (apparent naively) assumed this wouldn't be an issue until high school, but am already seeing adults with lingering glances at 11.

WTF.

On a totally different note, Congrats ktow!! I also miss those days of the baby sleeping on my chest. Some of my happiest. Enjoy it, and don't let our tween/teen challenges get you down. It's so worth it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Kids. I stopped just shy of my black belt when I was still a pipsqueak.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Any yt tutorials you would recommend?
    I used this one. I think it is important to go through it several times step by step and practice on each other. The most important thing is that they have a plan. Having a plan prevents you from panicking, which is probably what lots of women do when they suddenly find themselves being physically overpowered. Having a variety of strategies to use is important. A lot of little tidbits in this video are worth emphasizing, like yelling FIRE instead of HELP. Makes sense, people shy away from help cries but fire they might investigate a little, which will likely scare off an attacker. Sucks to think about this stuff but your daughters may thank you one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    … The almost 13 year old just blossomed, so to speak, and I'm going to have my hands full.
    Heh heh, Hiyoooooooo!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Remember seeing this some years ago. It's accurate:

Attachment 384591
    What's funnier is that same progression over the span of three kids. Or more. We stopped at three. It resets slightly with the birth of each subsequent kid, but nowhere near a complete reset. Ask our youngest. He feels neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What's funnier is that same progression over the span of three kids. Or more. We stopped at three. It resets slightly with the birth of each subsequent kid, but nowhere near a complete reset. Ask our youngest. He feels neglected.
    Haha, 100%

First kid trips and you're all over it. Third kid falls off like a 5 foot deck while at a party and you just take another sip of beer, "Oh, he's fine. Bit of a drama queen."
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Haha, 100%

First kid trips and you're all over it. Third kid falls off like a 5 foot deck while at a party and you just take another sip of beer, "Oh, he's fine. Bit of a drama queen."
    BTDT.

Haha, 100%

Our first is now about 14 months old and likes to go full toddler send. It's gotten to the point where, barring screaming or blood, I work really hard not to look concerned, as most of the time she'll get up pissed off that she fell, not hurt.

She certainly makes enough noise bouncing off the hardwood floors, though.

I was actually really happy that she showed signs of caution when climbing the concrete porch steps last week, descending one at a time instead of one big step off the top.

Our second is about two and a half weeks old. I'm trying not to shortchange him on concern, but there have already been a lot of times my wife got worried and I reminded her that older sister did the same thing, we worried and researched and maybe called the doctor, and it was all nothing burger at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Young ones.. enjoy!

Often times the "pain reaction" is for attention, and if the attention isnt there it doesn't happen. Sounds like you are well on your way to withholding unnecessary attention.

If you're consistent with it the attention seeking will stop, then you'll know that if you hear a scream its the real deal and you'd better fkn hurry.

Young ones.. enjoy!

Often times the "pain reaction" is for attention, and if the attention isnt there it doesn't happen. Sounds like you are well on your way to withholding unnecessary attention.

If you're consistent with it the attention seeking will stop, then you'll know that if you hear a scream its the real deal and you'd better fkn hurry.
    Yep!

Dad brag:

Just showed up on my doorstep a minute ago:
    Dalbello Gaia 1.0 in a 155mm
    Head Joy with Tyrolia Slr 4.5
    Marker Vijo helmet in a 00 or XS size

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1792.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	384881
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Dad brag:

Just showed up on my doorstep a minute ago:
    Dalbello Gaia 1.0 in a 155mm
    Head Joy with Tyrolia Slr 4.5
    Marker Vijo helmet in a 00 or XS size

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1792.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	384881
    Man do I miss those days. My one and only daughter is 17, a senior in highschool, and most likely headed out of state for college. I just hit me about a month ago that everything we do with her is likely the last time we do that thing. Last year of watching her play soccer, go to prom, last camping trip, vacation, etc. It crept up on us fast. I get choked up just thinking about it...I'm really gonna miss her when she leaves.

^^ is she playing soccer in college?

Mine are too young to have this issue yet, but have lots of friends who's older kids play collegiate sports.

They try to plan travel for games when they can.

I wish. Probably not. She could if she put the effort in, but is afraid it will take too much time from her studies. She's headed for a pretty heavy undergrad major.

Good for her, nothing wrong with that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Sometimes I figure it’s like using dynamite to put out an oil well fire….
    Ha, well put.

My 11 yo girl (who has been independently making amazing baked treats since she was 9) is making some quick stovetop quesadillas for her and the neighborhood friends.

I walked in to see her buttering a tortilla.

Me: "What are you doing? I usually just oil the pan"

Her: "I do oil the pan, I just put butter on to add flavor and help it crisp up better. "

Best dad moment of the week.

My 11 yo girl (who has been independently making amazing baked treats since she was 9) is making some quick stovetop quesadillas for her and the neighborhood friends.

I walked in to see her buttering a tortilla.

Me: "What are you doing? I usually just oil the pan"

Her: "I do oil the pan, I just put butter on to add flavor and help it crisp up better. "

Best dad moment of the week.
    Introduce her to bacon grease if she hasn't already been...

So as a grade 12 teacher I have to ask: what's the final verdict on daughter cleavage staring ( not that I would do it in class maybe im too old? .....hell even some of the college girls at the uni my wife works at look like they're 12 or something)?

18+ is fair game? NEVER, EVEN IF YOU MARRY HER, YOU PERV ? somewhere in between?

I still have about 10 years until I have to figure out where I stand concerning my daughter and what to teach my son

BTW. What did you tell your sons?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So as a grade 12 teacher I have to ask: what's the final verdict on daughter cleavage staring ( not that I would do it in class maybe im too old? .....hell even some of the college girls at the uni my wife works at look like they're 12 or something)?

18+ is fair game? NEVER, EVEN IF YOU MARRY HER, YOU PERV ? somewhere in between?

I still have about 10 years until I have to figure out where I stand concerning my daughter and what to teach my son

BTW. What did you tell your sons?
    If I were you I think I’d actually just delete this post and hope not too many people saw it. Jesus, really? You’re their teacher for fuck’s sake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't think you've Assessed my post correctly.

Which basically says: They look so young even in the first semesters of uni so I don't know where people get the idea.

I think another teacher said it best upthread: " they look like kids to me."

The rest is a real question: when do you become less protective? I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when my kids are teenagers.

Maybe I should be less humorous about it? And I thought the date dad from American movies was a funny cliché...
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Given previous discussion, this feels appropriate: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...-consent-fairy
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I'm home today with the "sick" 6 and 11 year olds.

6yo threw up multiple times this morning around 5-6am and clearly needs to stay home.

11 yo heard it from her room and immediately had a stomach ache so "can't go to school." (lol).

With wife's input, both stayed home. I called out to stay with them.

Only feeding them simple grains, bananas..etc. easily digestibles.

11 yo (who may be sick or may be faking, not sure yet) is asking for yogurt.

Any solid resources you can point me to that outline what kids should/shouldn't eat if they have a GI bug?

Both tested Covid Negative.. that was step 1.

6 yo is under the weather. I think 11 yo is playing it.

Secretly appreciate 11yos play, seems like something I would have done.

This afternoon she tried to convince me to get them both covid tested (not Dr recommended with current circumstances).

Her logic was covid test means they get a "treat" after the testing and then get to miss school again tomorrow while waiting for results.

Well played, but caught and shut down. Lol