Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Awesome guys! I’ll have to go back and read thread when I can. Those early months/year were super hard at our house so you’re not alone or doing anything wrong. We had a hard time understanding how people’s kids around us seemed to be easy angels... I’ll say this, my boy is super easy now and probably the most behaved of our circle. The kids that slept hella, early on, are proving to be a lot more work now for some reason - their parents have said.

I haven't read through this thread, but I can tell you, do your best to be the best dad possible. Once those kids grow up to be fully functional and great adults that love you, it will all be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Awesome guys! I’ll have to go back and read thread when I can. Those early months/year were super hard at our house so you’re not alone or doing anything wrong. We had a hard time understanding how people’s kids around us seemed to be easy angels... I’ll say this, my boy is super easy now and probably the most behaved of our circle. The kids that slept hella, early on, are proving to be a lot more work now for some reason - their parents have said.
    I sure hope that is true for us. The first 5 months every nap and bed time was preceded by 15 minutes to 2 hours of rocking in our arms.

It's pretty frustrating to work on getting your baby down for a nap for 2 hours only to have her pop up after 30 minutes, haha. The upshot is that my wife and I are both ripped now.

I think that's behind us--she turned a corner at 5 months and started falling asleep by herself in the crib, and linking sleep cycles. Everybody likes that. First 3 hour nap this week, and with all that sleep she's developing and learning new skills like crazy.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

The Snoo is your friend if baby requires lots of rocking.

We now have a 2 yo and 6 week old and man is it a lot of work. Makes having one feel easy. Tough to do anything. We are just hanging on to get through these next two years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I sure hope that is true for us. The first 5 months every nap and bed time was preceded by 15 minutes to 2 hours of rocking in our arms.

It's pretty frustrating to work on getting your baby down for a nap for 2 hours only to have her pop up after 30 minutes, haha. The upshot is that my wife and I are both ripped now.

I think that's behind us--she turned a corner at 5 months and started falling asleep by herself in the crib, and linking sleep cycles. Everybody likes that. First 3 hour nap this week, and with all that sleep she's developing and learning new skills like crazy.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    Our first was like that, 2nd not at all.

Anyone else crazy enough to have 3? 5, 3, and 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Fuuuuuck that.

So you haven’t slept through the night in 5 years?

<raises hand>

20, 18, and 16. All gainfully employed.

Mine are 11, 9 & 7...everyday gets easier until I’m guessing they hit their teens then it’ll be like manage toddlers again

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Mine are 11, 9 & 7...everyday gets easier until I’m guessing they hit their teens then it’ll be like manage toddlers again

I just found that I said "GODDAMMIT!" a lot more...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    <raises hand>

27, 24, 22, and 20 here. All boys, all gainfully employed and living on their own, although the youngest one thinks he's a rapper.

I raised them as a single father after the youngest was about 8. While working shifts at the fire department. So they are about as maladjusted as you'd imagine. It was fucking gladiator academy at my house sometimes. I have some major guilt about the way things went at times, and to tie into another thread, it's one of the things that keeps me up at night. I was often too tired, too broke and too stressed to be the best father in the world. But I did the best I could with what tools I had. And google photos reminds me how often we were camping and skiing while they were kids.

Three out of four of them call me damn near everyday (the rapper is often mad at me, it fits the narrative for the rap songs?), for advice, to talk about upcoming ski/bike/hunting adventures we are going on together, or just to chat. So I think I got some things right. I feel fortunate that they like to hang out with me so much.

My two month old sack of potatoes has yet to spend a night in the crib.

23, 21 and 17. One just finished college, other two are both heading into senior year(high school and college). After 7 years of college tuition I'm broke as FUCK with another 5 to go !!! None of them have caused me any problems and I count myself incredibly lucky.

My 8 year old had his first swim meet last night. He didn't want to do swim team, but becoming a strong swimmer is a required life skill in my book, so he must do it until he is 12 or 13 or until he can swim across a decent size lake.
    Anyway, swim team has been great for him, and yesterday he did really well, and he was feeling great at the end of the meet. (He's got the arm up).
    I love watching little kids swim and go off the diving board.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210715_172626.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	379644

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    After 7 years of college tuition I'm broke as FUCK
    24 21 21. Painted the driveway green for the river of money flowing out.
    "Can't you see..."

^^ now thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post

11, 8 and 6. 11 is a girl, the others boys. She's at the point where she can be in a good mood and charitably play with them, or be in a regular mood and hide as far away from them as possible. They are typical 8/6 boys. Play awesomely much of the time, physically fight a lot (usually mutual but it can turn quickly) and occasionally one gets mad and refuses to play with the other, then the other gets all sad. That dynamic goes both ways pretty equally.

Anyways, very happy at 3.. if someone's grumpy there is always another kid around to sympathize with.

So my wife has me fill a bucket of water this morning and put it in the sun so our grandniece and nephew can have a supersoaker* fight with warm water this afternoon. Talk about overprotected kids.

*not a supersoaker, but some high strength knockoff capable of hitting roosting pigeons on the roof beam 30 feet above my front door.

My 8 month old just crawled for the first time, and I’m both over over the moon excited and completely freaking out about the increased parenting load that is the result of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    My 8 month old just crawled for the first time, and I’m both over over the moon excited and completely freaking out about the increased parenting load that is the result of this change.
    Hahaha… it’s exactly that. It’s such an awesome milestone until the first time you realize they’re not even close to where you left them and you start thinking about all the new ways they can potentially injure themselves.

I had a crawler fall down the stairs on Easter Sunday several years ago while I was ironing my shirt for mass. Mrs Cruiser said that she was amazed by how quickly everyone in the er responded when she showed up and told them our six month old had rag dolled down an entire flight of stairs. He was fine as it turned out but quite a diverse range of staff showed up to assist, including a representative from cps.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    <raises hand>

That’s a lot of drugs dad!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Ha!

Everything in my house that is dangerous has been steadily migrating upwards for awhile now.

Gates are your friend until they learn to climb over them.

12, 10, and 7. And now divorced, although that needed to happen anyway. Heh.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

My first kid walked at 9 months, right after my wife waxed the wood floors. All day long we would hear the bonk as his head it the floor. Never heard a squish fortunately. The other one is more cautious--walked at 15 months, never fell. In fact I'm not sure he has ever fallen in his life, including learning to ski.
    When he was about a year old he crawled up the temporary staircase and we found him peering over the edge of the second floor landing--no proper railing, just a 2x4 rail--and crying. Thank god it wasn't the elder one--he'd have gone for it. (As did the Irish setter who jumped out the second story rough window opening)