Bonefishing Andros (Bahamas)

Down in Andros a week or so ago, had an epic time. Took a guide out one day (happy to share his name/contact if anyone wants to PM for that). Out with the guide we got into a few solid schools.

We waded the flats around where we were staying and got on a few great ones. One pictured here.

Biggest thing about bonefishing andros compared to other islands been to was that the fish hadn't seen hundreds of flies before ours. Didn't mean they were easy at all, got skunked on a few outings, but they were much more receptive and fun. would recommend.Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.37.51 AM.png
Views: 1568
Size:  798.9 KB

Nice!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I would like to try this one day

On my list. The turn-off has always been the time it takes to get there.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Yeah if you live somewhere u can fly direct to Nassau it’s not the end of the world but otherwise a battle

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We went a few time while in Eleuthera and caught some in 2019.
    I have been told the best place in the Bahamas is Andros but do not have firsthand experience.
    Both are no more than a 30 minute flight from Nassau, correct?

The Abacos shouldn't be overlooked. Direct flights to Marsh Harbour or Treasure Key from MIA. Big fish are caught in November including potential world records.

Acklins Is is fun too. Bones, permit and tarpon.

Quote Originally Posted by SHarmon View Post
    We went a few time while in Eleuthera and caught some in 2019.
    I have been told the best place in the Bahamas is Andros but do not have firsthand experience.
    Both are no more than a 30 minute flight from Nassau, correct?
    Love to hear it. Yeah man think the flight was at max 20 mins and we went to S Andros which should be a bit further

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    well, it's never going to be easy where you are starting, but if you have a direct flight to Ft. Lauderdale, let me know, and I'll tell you about the way I have traveled to Andros bypassing Nassau in the past. It's spendy, but not nearly as painful as getting a charter from Florida.

As observed above, however, Abacos is a nice compromise. Direct flights there from multiple cities in Florida. It's not as off the beaten path as Andros, but it's certainly not what anyone would describe as developed or overfished, at least not if you get 5-10 miles away from Cherokee.

Edit: typo

So a dream will come true for me next year...I'll get to sight fish for Bonefish in the Bahamas! Any guide recommendations appreciated. We will be staying at Baha Mar in Nassau I believe but we're willing to fly anywhere on the islands to get to the best guide.