Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I really like my 187 Menace 98s in rough soft snow and also refrozen crud. De cambered they have serious early rise and they are heavy-ish for their width. I find them very stable for park all mtn type skis, even mounted -3.75 and under my fat ass.

I’m very interested 2021 190cm 3.0 as a bigger and badder, slightly more directional version of the Menace 98. Turn radius is perfect too.

So the 3.0 isnt quite as stable as the Wildcats, but it’s a bit more stable than a 190 deathwish?

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I really like my 187 Menace 98s in rough soft snow and also refrozen crud. De cambered they have serious early rise and they are heavy-ish for their width. I find them very stable for park all mtn type skis, even mounted -3.75 and under my fat ass.

I’m very interested 2021 190cm 3.0 as a bigger and badder, slightly more directional version of the Menace 98. Turn radius is perfect too.

So the 3.0 isnt quite as stable as the Wildcats, but it’s a bit more stable than a 190 deathwish?
    The Menace 98s are very stable even in rough conditions but find the tips bulldoze more than modern sloped tips do. You feel heavy crud mounds more on the front of your boots. Pic of them beside my Enforcer 104 and Bibbys that have much smoother and higher splay tips. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75F9EB5D-E285-4CE5-A5ED-11005E696A6F.jpg 
Views:	3044 
Size:	921.7 KB 
ID:	374670 When I first skied the 192cm MFree 108 over crud at speed I though “this is what the 187cm Menace 98 would be like with better tips!”.

The CT 3.0 are VERY stable I find and have no issues going straight like a Wildcat but the Wildcat is even easier going straight. Find the CT 3.0 much more fun at “non highway” speeds though and don’t need as much speed to be fun carving on soft groomers. The 187cm Menace 98 with its 25m radius is like that too a bit as it’s great at higher speeds but not as fun at smaller hills against the wind. Lol
    I usually average 40-50mph on open groomers and hit 60mph on early morning tuck runs and the 20-23m turning radius suits me well. Not too tight that they don’t like to go straight but fun even when skiing slower.

The Deathwish has a similar turn radius as the CT 3.0 but the CT 3.0 has stiffer tip/tails(similar underfoot-maybe the CT a hair softer), the CT 3.0 is heavier(150-200gr) and has a longer effective edge. CT line is the same mount point as the Deathwish(-5cm) and the Deathwish has more tip/tail splay and deeper rocker lines. Both great skis with the Deathwish a little more loose off piste and the CT 3.0 more precise on piste.

I took some pics of my 3 CT skis with tip/tail pics too. Just get a bit deep deeper rocker and a bit more splay as they get wider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4416F57-91C6-44EF-A1C2-BD0B4811497B.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	667.9 KB 
ID:	374672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4470B173-6BB2-4642-9B1E-A639260AA659.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	673.5 KB 
ID:	374673
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50EA75EB-8C94-4338-A3EA-DBFCD7980DC5.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	374674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020C91F0-4193-4193-8E57-F25DBD7B668F.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	802.1 KB 
ID:	374675  

Name:	AA80B273-6A63-42EF-8A2D-88C688CC38E3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	381804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3D38F7F-42EA-4A05-8EEC-52D4E038B316.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	802.1 KB 
ID:	381806
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182D46D0-51F1-47E1-9BB0-9965D6398BFA.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	625.8 KB 
ID:	381803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11422CCD-5FB5-4EE4-949A-891369F7398F.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	918.8 KB 
ID:	381805  

Double posted pics for some reason-sorry!

Ended up grabbing a set of 190cm 2021 CT 3.0 from the same dealer I got the 184cm versions from. I wanted a ski for low tide/early season days so I wouldn't feel bad for hitting rocks on the only pair of skis I've paid full retail for, the Moment Wildcats. The store's website said they had new stock still left but it was incorrect but they had a demo set they sold without bindings for an even better deal. $500 CAN/$400 US and they looked like they had only a few hours use. Factory tune is race like on these and they just required a bit of work to get bevels even tip to tail and they are sharp up to the widest taper point and smooth above. Will mount some red Attacks on them soon.

Put them beside my 190cm 2021 Wildcats and put tape on the start of the rocker/end of sharp edges on the Wildcats and start of rocker and widest taper point on the Candide/end of sharp edges. Both tape measure exactly 188cm and the Candide weigh 2305/2349gr or about 80gr heavier each than the Wildcats while being stiffer tip/tail than the Moments as well. Almost identical weight to the 192cm Mfree 108 but again the CT 3.0 being stiffer tip/tail(maybe a hair softer underfoot) and the Candide with less taper and tip/tail splay so edge grip and carving capabilities should be improved but won't be quite as loose. The Candide mount point is exactly 1cm forward of my Wildcats at 5.2cm back from center(3cm ahead of MFree 108) but like all of the CT line, move back 1.5-3cm back if you want to drive the ski. The 190 CT 3.0 is noticeably stiffer than the 184cm versions so I'm very excited to try out the longer version. They go to a 23m radius from 21m in the 184cm which are already very stable in the shorter length.

Name:	j%WCijFXQyecAr1a6q2L5A.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	381976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N3l84t1VRoKrmPNKebvEtw.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	381977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CuI4rOuUQwaev5bZIJKQPA.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	381978

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]They moved all their ski construction into the Fisher ski plant, now use heavier wood core materials and the quality of construction is MILES better than before. Models have gained 200-400grams vs last years versions.
    Where did you get this information? I'm not doubting you but it's odd that this info doesn't seem to be reflected on the faction website.

I picked up a pair of 2021 5.0's in a 183 and even though the faction site says 2050g, mine measure at 2230g each, supporting what you're saying about heavier cores.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Where did you get this information? I'm not doubting you but it's odd that this info doesn't seem to be reflected on the faction website.

I picked up a pair of 2021 5.0's in a 183 and even though the faction site says 2050g, mine measure at 2230g each, supporting what you're saying about heavier cores.
    In a Blister podcast with Fisher designers and product managers they talked of moving production from the old Sporten plant into the Fisher plant for 21. Saw weights last summer of some of the narrower CT models which had me interested as they were 300gr plus heavier than some of the 20 models.
    Even with more updated specs than what are on some of their ski stickers, they still seem to measure heavier. Very well made skis!

A few days ago was the opening day at our local bump(500’ vert) in Ontario with mostly man made snow and rain/freezing rain the day before. Started the day with 184cm Head eTitan so they would grip well.

Even though I had some new 21 Candides in the car, I wasn’t sure how well they would do in those demanding conditions. Figured I’d give the 183cm CT 1.0(mounted -2cm of CT line for -4cm back from Center) a try after lunch out of curiosity.

The CT 1.0 instantly felt lighter(actually 250gr heavier), snappier and more lively just skating to the lift line. A bit more loose of course with the rocker and twin tip when flat but as soon as they were on edge they were rock solid. Was SHOCKED how good they griped on edge and how well they went over the ice marbles with total confidence.

They flew over the afternoon crud mounds much easier than the eTitans did(or my old Kendo 88s) and were very easy to pivot in the afternoon bumps. The mount that was 9cm forward of the eTitans felt fine within 2 turns but I’d maybe go to -3cm(5cm back from Center) for a traditional skier which is the back of Faction’s recommended mount range.

Actually tried the eTitans again that day as I wanted to confirm my initial impressions. Heads were still had a touch better grip but it was much closer than even I expected.

Candide 1.0 are definitely way more fun than my Kendo 88s and might have finally found my perfect daily driver for the East. Anyone wanting a more playful Brahma 88 or Kendo 88 with better grip than the Enforcer 88, this is a great option.

See that Skis.com still has around 30 pairs of the 183cm and almost 100 pairs of the 178cm 21 CT 1.0. They are on sale at$429.99 now but they had them on for $339.99 during a Black Friday sale.

Going to try out the 21 188cm CT 2.0 this week which are a touch stiffer than the 183cm versions and weigh 2360gr per ski with a 21m radius. Also will try out the 21 190cm CT 3.0 and see how much more stable they are vs the 184cm versions.

In a Blister podcast with Fisher designers and product managers they talked of moving production from the old Sporten plant into the Fisher plant for 21. Saw weights last summer of some of the narrower CT models which had me interested as they were 300gr plus heavier than some of the 20 models.
    Even with more updated specs than what are on some of their ski stickers, they still seem to measure heavier. Very well made skis!
    Thanks for that. I'm ok with the extra weight but it's interesting that even the manufacturer site has inaccurate specs.

Re your next post about the 1.0 and 2.0...

I thought the 1.0 was centre mounted for recommended but sounds like that's not accurate?

And the 2.0 at that weight seems quite heavy... is there metal in that to your knowledge?

Thanks for that. I'm ok with the extra weight but it's interesting that even the manufacturer site has inaccurate specs.

I thought the 1.0 was centre mounted for recommended but sounds like that's not accurate?

And the 2.0 at that weight seems quite heavy... is there metal in that to your knowledge?
    Both the CT 1.0 and 2.0 have a sheet of titanal underfoot for binding retention and another sheet above the base to protect from rail abuse. They also have rubber dampening tip/tail and underfoot too. The CT 3.0 and 5.0 just have a single sheet for binding retention and no rubber dampening.

The almost symmetrical CT 1.0 has the CT line at -2cm from Center but only go there if you’re mostly park skiing. -1.5cm back(progressive) from that line to a max of -3cm(all mountain/traditional) is where you go if you want to drive the ski more and have better carving performance. I’ve got all my CT between -1.25cm to -2cm as I’m used to more centered mounts but still like to drive the ski.

Both the CT 1.0 and 2.0 have a sheet of titanal underfoot for binding retention and another sheet above the base to protect from rail abuse. They also have rubber dampening tip/tail and underfoot too. The CT 3.0 and 5.0 just have a single sheet for binding retention and no rubber dampening.

The almost symmetrical CT 1.0 has the CT line at -2cm from Center but only go there if you’re mostly park skiing. -1.5cm back(progressive) from that line to a max of -3cm(all mountain/traditional) is where you go if you want to drive the ski more and have better carving performance. I’ve got all my CT between -1.25cm to -2cm as I’m used to more centered mounts but still like to drive the ski.
    Thanks for the info.

I mounted demo bindings on my 2021 CT 5.0 at the progressive line to play with... should be able to hit everywhere from the CT line to the trad line there.

Thanks for the info.

I mounted demo bindings on my 2021 CT 5.0 at the progressive line to play with... should be able to hit everywhere from the CT line to the trad line there.
    The whole CT line seems to be good within their CT to -3cm range.
    The CT 5.0 is the only one I don’t have but there was never any insane deals on them in Canada like the STP deals. Amazing deal on a very made ski.

The whole CT line seems to be good within their CT to -3cm range.
    The CT 5.0 is the only one I don’t have but there was never any insane deals on them in Canada like the STP deals. Amazing deal on a very made ski.
    Yeah I bought the STP deal but by the time I figured out how to get them re-shipped to me in Canada it wasn't such a good deal. Oh well.

Having said that, I'm still excited to try them and I'd rather spend a few extra $$$ to get them here than abandon them.

The rocker profile is the thing I've been imagining since my sickles were stolen... a modernized version of that idea and fatter.

Can't wait to get enough snow to try them!

feedback

Hey I am currently considering picking up some CT 3.0s but hoping to get some feedback from some of you that have experience on a number of different skis!

I switched from boarding to skiing 5 years ago and have only ever skied on my 2017 Icelantic Pioneer 96s. These have been an awesome ski and will still be my early/late season, low snow level skis but need something for the deeper days. I would consider myself an advanced level skier and can confidently ski double blacks fall line. Skiing will be Whistler plus planning on doing probably 2 days of CAT skiing this winter.

Looking for a ski with a bit of versatility because Whistler gets chopped up quick but with a focus on getting the most out of the deeper days. I'm a moderately aggressive skier but it's not like I'm going to be skiing chutes at 100mph, so basically I want something that will do well when skied hard on big open turns but still be fun to play around on when I'm in tighter trees.

Originally I had my heart set on getting the K2 Mindbender 116c as it seemed like the perfect balance of what I am looking for. Found a local ski shop that I'd like to do business with but only has the K2 reckoner which I think might be a bit on the soft side for what I want. Was considering the CT 3.0 as it's plenty wide in the tips and tails but a few people on here have mentioned that it doesn't have a ton of float for it's width.

What do you think? Is the CT 3.0 exactly what I'm looking for or is it not going to have enough float for when I spend big bucks to go CAT skiing? The CT 5.0 is also potentially an option but they're one of the widest skis on the market and I'm nervous to buy them without being able to try them.

The CT 3.0 is a very versatile ski that does very well carving on soft groomers, charging through crud and good float for it’s width provided you mount behind the more forward Candide/Freestyle mount point. If you mount -1.5cm(progressive) to 3cm(traditional) back, the mount point would then be similar to a Rustler or MFree 108 and tip dive reduced and the stability increased.

The issue it that for 2022, they have a similar flex pattern and the same shape but are now built with a much lighter core so they aren’t as damp or as good in crud as the 21 versions.

Know there are some places with some CT 3.0 184cm lengths of the heavier 21 and might be some 3.0x(women’s graphic but the same ski) of the 178cm but don’t think there’s any 190cm stock in Canada that I know of. What’s your size and what length were the Pioneer 96?

The CT 3.0 is a very versatile ski that does very well carving on soft groomers, charging through crud and good float for it’s width provided you mount behind the more forward Candide/Freestyle mount point. If you mount -1.5cm(progressive) to 3cm(traditional) back, the mount point would then be similar to a Rustler or MFree 108 and tip dive reduced and the stability increased.

The issue it that for 2022, they have a similar flex pattern and the same shape but are now built with a much lighter core so they aren’t as damp or as good in crud as the 21 versions.

Know there are some places with some CT 3.0 184cm lengths of the heavier 21 and might be some 3.0x(women’s graphic but the same ski) of the 178cm but don’t think there’s any 190cm stock in Canada that I know of. What’s your size and what length were the Pioneer 96?
    Could you please post or send a PM so we can track down the ‘21 3.0 184s? Thanks!

Sacredride.ca has a pair listed at full retail $899 but I’m sure they will sell sell for less with the 22 out now. Think they said around $700 when I inquired a month or two ago. I’ve paid under $550 for all my pairs.

Few more people who purchased the 21 CT 1.0 have been out on them now with most skiing the 183cm at the -3cm “traditional mount”. Still available on Skis.com on deals.

“Tested my new CT 1.0 183cm last weekend in Lindvallen, Sweden, bought them after reading this tread back in August

have to say i'm very impressed, not used to skis with centred mountingpoint but had no problem with it, they are mounted with Warden13 demo bindings so can go both to the line and back 3cm

Very easy to ski, great edgegrip but still easy to release and very stable and damp at speed, doesn't feel as stiff on snow as it is to handflex, easy to bend to shorter carves but still stable when going straight, so far one of the best allround skis i have ever skied.
    I'm 192cm and 90kg so they feel short in front of me but damn they are good.
    The other skis in my quiver is K2 Supercharger and Armada Tracer 98, and i think my K2 will be very dusty or sold in a near future because the CT1.0 have same edgegrip but better stability when going straight and much less work to ski and a much better ski when the conditions change.”

Another review from a larger skier in Norway with a current quiver of about 80 plus pairs of newer skis.

“Skied the CT 1.0 183 today

we had a nice mix of corn with ice under, and variable conditions (+7c day and -2 night) and you ended up with that candide style skiiing through piles/bumpswhere it might have looked like you were out of control, but you were in control.

It's a jibby carver or a carver thats jibby, hard to tell, it's probably the best short skied I've skied in ages thats not a racing ski, this thing should be stupid fun in trees and narrow runs? I did some switch skiiing and hit some bumps makeing jumps out of them (the best I can with my current knee state, cant hit the park/rails) but legit this is my favorite twintip and what I would use for park/jumps.

my ranking on the 2021 lineup would be CT 3.0 190 cm > CT 1.0 183cm > CT 2.0 188 (need to mount the other pair further back and see what happens) I got no idea how this superawesome lineup of skis has been slept on so bad, even blister hasnt even tried them. CT 3.0 kills the 110mm and most of the 100m segment for pretty much everything imho.”

For some smaller skiers under 160lbs or so wanting a fantastic ski for a great deal, Sierra.com has some 2021 Candide 3.0 and 3.0x(same ski-different top sheets only) in the 169cm(3.0 and 3.0x) and 178cm(3.0x) sizes.
    Made in the Fisher plant with a full poplar core and decent weight of 4250gr for a 178cm pair.

Amazing deal at $299.99!

https://www.sierra.com/faction-skis-...-skis~p~42mpk/

Anyone looking for a great one ski quiver, The-House.com has insane pricing on the Fisher plant built 21 Faction CT 1.0 right now. The 183cm CT 1.0 is 2200gr, 20m turn radius and Brahma 88 like edge grip. Very damp and stable yet very easy to ski. Just mount -2.5cm to -3cm back if you’re a more traditional skier.

Add the coupon code for joining their mailing list and they are $222 US with free shipping. Crazy deal! Bought 2 more pairs myself this morning.

https://www.the-house.com/ss003892zz-faction-skis