Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mid June, with some muddy zones.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

¡Grassyass!

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Anyone get a JHMR summer pass for bike park hot laps? With my schedule likely will only get out for Friday night bikes, but this summer we have the sweetwater trail access.
    Came here to ask the same question. The bike pass was so cheap with snow sliding pass I figured why not. Would have to ride there 3 times all summer to pay it off... think I can manage that.

Curious to see what these new trails are about.

We both have passes too and it would be fun to have summertime mag shenanigans
    I used to enjoy Fri night bikes before it got too busy, so we started frequenting other weekday times but yea- that sweetwater addition should really help spread the lines out
    I'm excited for some longer laps too- looks like it opens 6/12
    skid luxury

Anyone have any intel on the Targhee camping situation? Looks like they just suspended camping on the website until further notice. We typically camp up there a couple times a summer and have bought season passes to the bike park the last couple years (including this year). Kids would be crushed if we couldn't make it happen this year.

Word is that there is a grizzly hanging in the Mill Creek/Peaked area. Mail Cabin to Mike Sell is open and fantastic.

When are we going to have a proper mag group ride?

My old full face (like 15 years old) did not fit the best when I tried it on last week, so waiting to see if my replacement shows up in time to ride the bike park in the late afternoon tomorrow. May try to shuttle the pass Sunday morning. I’m sure it’s a complete shitshow on the weekend but it’s all I’ve got to work with.

Rode up above Kelly Canyon yesterday evening. Some sweet singletrack up that way and very extensive. If I wasn’t with a group that knew the area I would have been pretty turned around which is unusual for me. Wish I stopped for pictures, the wild flowers were pretty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've been up the Ganjala a coupla times and holeee shite, the new trails are extensive and look like some major berms, banking and trailwork has been freshly established.

Right beneath the liftline, the switchbacks are huge.

Lotsa stumps out there, watchout!

Anyone wants to get a bike park pass, pm me...

Man, the last couple days have been awesome!

Beat my friend to town on Saturday and went for a ride off the bike path near the king. Went KC -> Sink or Swim -> Summit Trail -> Josie’s ridge on the down. Learned after the fact that it’s apparently a dick move to ride Josies? Made sure I didn’t ride the hiker only portion, but is there some unwritten rule about riding it that my tourist ass doesn’t know about? Heard the preferred down is Ferrins.. oh well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1624923084.389422.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	378237

Ended up riding the JH park yesterday and today (due to multiple cat fights, literally, last night). The repetition is feeling great and bringing back some muscle memory. Yesterday didn’t even feel comfortable riding the jumps on bandit and today was clearing most. Looking forward to the rest of the summer.

Need rain

Anybody else racing the Grove Drake mullet?

Should be a really good time. Sheep went up Drake this weekend so a few of us hiked up and kicked all the loose sticks and rocks that they left out of the trail. It's running fast right now, with good sight lines.

Palisades Riding

The Mosquito to Red Top Loop has been cleared. It's a nice 20 mile loop that you can make into a half shuttle/cross country ride as well.

This route is listed on Trail Forks and I find the trails follow both my Gaia and Garmin GPS maps.

We will be going through the Mosquito Ridge Loop in a couple weeks.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Man, the last couple days have been awesome!

Beat my friend to town on Saturday and went for a ride off the bike path near the king. Went KC -> Sink or Swim -> Summit Trail -> Josie’s ridge on the down. Learned after the fact that it’s apparently a dick move to ride Josies? Made sure I didn’t ride the hiker only portion, but is there some unwritten rule about riding it that my tourist ass doesn’t know about? Heard the preferred down is Ferrins.. oh well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1624923084.389422.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	378237

Ended up riding the JH park yesterday and today (due to multiple cat fights, literally, last night). The repetition is feeling great and bringing back some muscle memory. Yesterday didn’t even feel comfortable riding the jumps on bandit and today was clearing most. Looking forward to the rest of the summer.

Need rain
    Did you ride Dirty Harry?
    I thought it was a blown out mess, too steep and moon dusty to actually have much fun on. But I was on a 140mm bike with no armor on (I rode up Hoback Trail)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Did you ride Dirty Harry?
    I thought it was a blown out mess, too steep and moon dusty to actually have much fun on. But I was on a 140mm bike with no armor on (I rode up Hoback Trail)
    Haven’t ridden it yet. Was planning to ride it yesterday but got cut off early due to the rain (which may have contributed to one of the most fun laps evar).

Conditions at the vill have been pretty hammered and dusty for the past few weeks. Yesterday morning, even with the small amount of precip Sunday into Monday, was a huge improvement.

Trail crew will be busy as it went to shit in a matter of minutes yesterday. Was in the middle of a Solitoga lap when the heavens opened and rode straight down to the base, but the vast majority were hunkered down waiting it out. So they all must have ridden it when it turned to full on mud fest.

‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

Will possibly be riding Targhee on Sunday, if anyone’s around holla

paging rideit...question about this years Wydaho.
    fam and i were planning on camping up that way over labor day wknd and riding lifts for at least a couple days (have season passes). noticed Wydaho going on that wknd. wondering how crowded the mountain gets and if kids and i will be waiting in long lines etc. sounds like it might be paired downs some this year so maybe not too bad?

Sorry, I don’t have any beta. Years past got a little too crowded for my liking. But yes, post pandemic could go either way, I guess.

And no camping up at the ghee this summer….. definitely missing the 10-15minute away last minute staycations….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    paging rideit...question about this years Wydaho.
    fam and i were planning on camping up that way over labor day wknd and riding lifts for at least a couple days (have season passes). noticed Wydaho going on that wknd. wondering how crowded the mountain gets and if kids and i will be waiting in long lines etc. sounds like it might be paired downs some this year so maybe not too bad?
    Agree with rideit, who knows how it will be this year? Post-pandemic events seem really hit or miss so far this year. For context though, I was at the 2019 event, and it was a zoo. Lift lines were very long, I wouldn't want to take a bike vacation to the 'ghee on that weekend.

From what I've heard, "pared down" means fewer brands have demo fleets/are bringing them to the event. So maybe that will lead to less folks showing up? Or maybe the same number of people will show up and ride their own bikes instead of demos?

The lack of camping up there this year is a real bummer.

‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

Someone told me that Wydaho was capped this year. But I can’t remember the number, 200-300?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Someone told me that Wydaho was capped this year. But I can’t remember the number, 200-300?
    I think I read 300 somewhere. Not sure how that compares to years past? Hardly any crowds the 2 wknds there this year including the 4th.
    Also sounds like maybe camping allowed there if you buy a festival ticket. Might be worth the hundy to get a guaranteed camping spot and hang in the cooler temps…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Palisades Riding

The Mosquito Ridge Loop has been cleared.

This is my favorite Palisades Loop for bicycling. I like to ride the loop clockwise, up Mosquito Creek Road, Left on Cottonwood road, past gate, right on divide trail, right on Mosquito Pass trail and back to the truck. Don't be fooled and take the one false Mosquito Pass trail trail! The false trail leads you down to a pond and ends there. This ride has nice doable climbs for a backcountry route. 30 miles and 3000' of climbing.

I spoke with some dudes who rode up the Mosquito Pass trail, went south on the Divide trail all the way to the N.F. Fall Creek trail and down. Solid ride.

I also met a group from SLC who were riding in Mail Cabin to the Elk trail and out to the Palisade Reservoir. Solider ride!

With the clearing of this section, I think you can ride the cleared divide all the way between Pole Canyon to the N.F. Fall Creek trail. This is 20 miles in a straight line.

Cheers

Last call for bikes this weekend, maybe? Anyone have any beta on Parallel? I'll probably go check on it tomorrow, kick some mud, and drive home sad unless someone has recent info?

Seems unlikely, but also seems like the east side got a lot less snow than we did.

All I have to add is that the Lower Cache Creek trails were money this afternoon, but probably even better before noon tomorrow.

Squeezed in one last pedal at the vill yesterday. Hero dirt. The bonus days tacked onto the end of a solid summer of riding have been great. I've thought my last 8 rides were going to be the last ride of the season here.