Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

Thought I would start with this good news.

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...Zc6jio1pPaJuq0
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

“We are looking for another issue to litigate.” Well isn’t that neat.
    That is great for the Palisades zone, such great exploring around there!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I always forget that palisades wilderness study area includes Teton Pass
    skid luxury

‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

Here’s to dry dirt under the tires soon....

I know nobody cares, but 5th street bike park in Driggs is close. Big line should be riding well in the mornings when it’s frozen, pretty sloppy after about 10am. Should have the B line all clear of snow and dry to ride by the middle of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I know nobody cares, but 5th street bike park in Driggs is close. Big line should be riding well in the mornings when it’s frozen, pretty sloppy after about 10am. Should have the B line all clear of snow and dry to ride by the middle of next week.
    Dude, I care.

I do too, it’s way cool that you guys have kept that zone usable.

I want to care too.

I kinda left biking back in the late 90's and haven't much looked back. Too many diggers, fucked up wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles...Had an 89 Bridgestone MB-3 comp back then, Bikes have changed immensely.
    Now I need to get back in the saddle as I don't think my knee is ever gonna be back to normal if I don't start riding again.
    I have 4 bikes, crazy, right?
    1 DBR carbon full suspension DH'er. (Steve Romeo sold it to me...)
    1 geared Specialized town cruiser
    1 Rocky mtn. XC
    1 Rocky mtn. DH
    I'd sell/trade all 4 for just one that suits my needs. Likely gonna be hitting you mags up for some hep this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I want to care too.

I kinda left biking back in the late 90's and haven't much looked back. Too many diggers, fucked up wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles...Had an 89 Bridgestone MB-3 comp back then, Bikes have changed immensely.
    Now I need to get back in the saddle as I don't think my knee is ever gonna be back to normal if I don't start riding again.
    I have 4 bikes, crazy, right?
    1 DBR carbon full suspension DH'er. (Steve Romeo sold it to me...)
    1 geared Specialized town cruiser
    1 Rocky mtn. XC
    1 Rocky mtn. DH
    I'd sell/trade all 4 for just one that suits my needs. Likely gonna be hitting you mags up for some hep this summer.
    I bet @rideit can help you with your quiver. I have a Cycleops trainer that might be good to put the XC bike on for now. Holler if you want to borrow it. I had knee replacement last April and wouldn't be skiing without bikes. This rehab stuff is the real deal- takes patience and persistence, especially as we aren't getting any younger.

DJ, i could help you spread the word on selling your quiver, shouldnt be too hard in this climate. I would start with fb and craigslist. The hard part is going to be finding you a new bike, its insane out there right now. What size/how tall are you?

And if you need a consultation of what your bikes might need to make them saleable, just shout, happy to come over and take a gander.
    Last edited by rideit; 03-26-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ...89 Bridgestone MB-3 comp...
    Fuck. Yes. A classic whip, as the kids say.

I had a similar vintage MB-2 frame that I was building up as a project bike a bunch of years ago, trying to "restore" it by finding era-appropriate parts for it. I don't know that I ever got it completed before trading it away for my first slalom bike. Boy, that was dumb.

Anycrap, I'll be up in y'alls neck of the hills at some point this summer so I'll check in here to see who (besides rideit of course) wants to get down. And if any of y'all make it down towards Colorado, I'm a decent tour guide and ride partner. Not that he would, but rideit could corroborate were he so inclined.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Who?
    I don’t even know that Full Trucker dood.
    Or his dogs.
    But I imagine he knows a thing or two about this and that.

Right on!

I don't have stars in my eyes for a shiny new ride, Just need to get functional. And comfortable. Once I am fitted well enough, I'm pretty good at the going part.
    No big cycling goals other than a fun way to exercise my leg back into shape and balance my body. And lose some weight. And...
    I did love that Bridgestone, no suspension. Commuted from the Aspens to Moosely seconds summer of 97 daily via the M-W road. Used to get up and down shadow mtn. decently, not fast.
    An assessment by rideit would be greatly appreciated. Line up my ducks for me. I'll PM ya for a get together soon. Thanks all.

Any reports if 7N Ranch is ready to rip? Looking for a dirt fix without the 2hr drive to Poky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the ‘gram 7N is in.

Closer to home, I’m throwing a 5th Street cleanup party/race/jump jam Saturday at 10 am. Looser than the fall One Hour of 5th Street, but still a party.

Will have free beer and fizzy water, free stickers, and free art prints for anyone that shows up. Also have like $150 in $1 bills that I’ll be throwing out as prizes for the jump jam, and short track head-to-head XC laps.

Come hang out, come dig, come ride, come do whatever. It’s gonna be sunny, summer is going to be great, let’s keep the closing day vibes rolling.

Never been to ride that side of the pass, I may need to come check that out if I can steal away.

My 4.5y/o got his new 20" bike with fork (woom) and is itching to try it out on something other than the melody singletrack and game creek road (which are both in and dry fwiw). Is there stuff at 5th that rides well for the youngins?

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post

My 4.5y/o got his new 20" bike with fork (woom) and is itching to try it out on something other than the melody singletrack and game creek road (which are both in and dry fwiw). Is there stuff at 5th that rides well for the youngins?

Yep! 5th Street gets a fair amount of Strider bike action from neighborhood kids. All of the singletrack is pretty mellow, short loops that are fun to push hard on.

Today was good. Cleaned up all the trash at 5th Street (something like 48 masks caught in the bushes, plus all the other skatepark trash), raked out all the XC trails in the front two loops, and rebuilt the jump line.

Had some rippers show up, and land 5th Street's first backflip:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05192.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	371869

As well as jump over a cute dog:

Name:	DSC05712.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	371870

The planned expansion at 5th Street is postponed 'till fall. Squeak is building a house in the back lot (sorry frisbee golfers) and the easement for his driveway cuts through the edge of where we're going to be building so we have to wait until that whole zone gets regraded this summer. Once that's done we have the budget and permission to go crazy in there.

Until then, I've got a zone lined up to scratch in a Dual Slalom course next week, so holler if you're into Wednesday night gated racing in town. Should help with the stir crazy.

Finally, will be running informal jump clinics/sessions at 5th Street for folks who aren't comfy getting their tires off the ground and would like to be, so if that's you, or a loved one, holler and we'll make it happen!

Squeak is bike friendly, so that should help. Thanks for your hard work!

Top of Bovine yesterday. At least the crust cruising is good.

Name:	20210417_092055.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	371957

7N was as dry and perfect as could be today. Parking lot was 90% 1T & 22 plates as well. The Grom approved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Top of Bovine yesterday. At least the crust cruising is good.

Name:	20210417_092055.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	371957
    Nice. A few weeks out from channel lock?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Nice. A few weeks out from channel lock?
    Odds are by next wkd we’ll be riding Channel lock and Southbound as an out n back....

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Odds are by next wkd we’ll be riding Channel lock and Southbound as an out n back....
    Downstairs neighbor just came home from riding “channel lock and southbound to the first overlook” with a pretty dang clean bike.

So, (sweetblogalert) I named Southbound because the trail was southern exposure, and the first to melt out, so you could practice a little before going and getting crushed first thing in the desert. [/ENDSWEETBLOG]