Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Downstairs neighbor just came home from riding “channel lock and southbound to the first overlook” with a pretty dang clean bike.
    Channel lock has some snow on the upper section, but is otherwise pretty dry. Southbound has a couple patches early, and then the section in the Aspens is all snow, dry again after that to the overlook. Stay off Bovine unless it's really early. All as of yesterday morning, things change fast.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,240
    Sobering.
    Every year the trails get a little ‘scarier’ up here, but generally it’s for the best.


    https://buckrail.com/montana-man-die...t-yellowstone/
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alta Wydaho
    Posts
    270
    Of all days to leave the phone in the rig while out for a quick after work rip up at Horseshoe..... It wasn’t an e-bike I came across (have absolutely zero issues with them even if it’s sorta illegal...) but it was an e-unicycle/onewheel thingy out on Southbound. 1st for that one.... in other news Bovine is in ripping good shape finally


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Of all days to leave the phone in the rig while out for a quick after work rip up at Horseshoe..... It wasn’t an e-bike I came across (have absolutely zero issues with them even if it’s sorta illegal...) but it was an e-unicycle/onewheel thingy out on Southbound. 1st for that one.... in other news Bovine is in ripping good shape finally


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Was he wearing one of those Bell convertible helmets? If he was, I know who it was haha!

    Aspen was real nice last night.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alta Wydaho
    Posts
    270
    No it was a little BMX/Skate Lid - didn't look like the guy I see commuting around Driggs....

    Sweet intel on Aspen!

    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Was he wearing one of those Bell convertible helmets? If he was, I know who it was haha!

    Aspen was real nice last night.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,240
    Have any of you heard if Munger is riding yet? I was at the coach last night, and there were all sorts of bikes, I couldn’t picture where they were riding. Down low on Parallel?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    No it was a little BMX/Skate Lid - didn't look like the guy I see commuting around Driggs....

    Sweet intel on Aspen!

    Ah, yeah, Reed, who owns Peak Printing goes ridiculously fast on his in town, it's scary to watch. Also given the level of kitty litter on Horseshoe I would be terrified to try to ride something with no real brakes and only one wheel there right now.


    I bet lower Parallel is in rideit. I know folks have been moving snow up there for weeks.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,131

    ‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

    First ride of the season last night with the SRMTB club out at stinking springs, went up sidewinder to the multi use trail and up to the saddle.

    The multi use trail was really fun on the way down with high speed berms and rollers, but looking forward to getting into some proper chunk soon. Things are already pretty dry over there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425370.544141.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	373813

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425412.447229.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	373814

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425430.447474.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	373815



    Think I’m going to hit poky on Sunday

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    First ride of the season last night with the SRMTB club out at stinking springs, went up sidewinder to the multi use trail and up to the saddle.

    The multi use trail was really fun on the way down with high speed berms and rollers, but looking forward to getting into some proper chunk soon. Things are already pretty dry over there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425370.544141.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	373813

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425412.447229.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	373814

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620425430.447474.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	373815



    Think I’m going to hit poky on Sunday
    That Kelly Canyon area looks to have a tone of potential, hope some development happens in the near futures.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,131

    ‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

    Interesting day in Pocatello, first time riding there. Took the road up to Kinport Pk from the upper City Creek lot. Surprised by how much snow is still up there, couple hike a bike drifts on the way up and found a lot of snow on my alt route down to over the top. Definitely a ton to explore over there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620615173.484318.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	374128

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620615185.016124.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	374129

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    west tetons
    Posts
    1,606
    Hey @east or bust , check out Sterling Justice from the Gibson Jack trailhead. Can add on a lap Over the Top for more excellent mileage. Also from Gibson Jack, the Slate Mountain loop is five star as well.

    Sounds like Palisades Creek is open to the lower lake, to the upper with a bit of snow. And the South Fork Bench trail is in as well. Aspen Trail good to go, and the back 40 in Horseshoe about 80%.

    Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    west tetons
    Posts
    1,606
    Hey folks, I am on the board for Mountain Bike the Tetons, and we need some coaches for kids this summer. Here's the text of our ask below. Time to give back, work and play with some kids on bikes.
    Do you love helping kids flourish in the outdoors? Do you have a passion for mountain biking and all it has to offer both physically and mentally?
    Come join the MBT team for the summer!
    We are looking for a motivated, positive, enthusiastic individual who loves working with kids to be our head coach for the 8-week summer Sprockids program in Teton Valley!
    Check out this part-time job opportunity on our MBT job openings page: https://www.mountainbiketetons.org/job-openings

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,131

    ‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

    ^Looks fun, if I didn’t work so damn much I’d consider jumping in. Love that kind of stuff.


    2nd ride in Pocatello tonight with SRMBC for a solid 2hr session just before dark. Parked at the lower city creek lot (so still need to check out the Gibson Jack area) for an easy climb up to some of the more flowy trails that I don’t know the name of, maybe Mushroom? Then down to Death Valley and climbed back up to the top of 911. Honestly seems like some moisture would help things out, it’s already pretty dusty out of the trees.

    Only the 3rd ride of the season but the legs are feeling great and finally getting used to the new wheels. Still can’t manual this beast though and it’s bothering me, used to be a big part of my riding style/obstacle clearing. Practice Practice Practice 54321


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    west tetons
    Posts
    1,606
    A regional favorite in good shape. Just don't go on a weekend!

    Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,811

    FREE DH Bike for Good Local Home

    My old DH bike is free to good local home, 05 large Kona Stinky Dee-Lux.
    Heavy as fuck, but a tank that consumes dirt like a demon.
    She’s a solid ride and got me on the podium more than once (always a bridesmaid ☹).
    Needs pedals, chain, shifter cable.
    I prolly have a spare tube, and a water bottle and maybe a free sticker.
    Decent bike for someone looking to get into DH.

    Update: Stealurface snapped up this great whip!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03050.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	375100  
    Last edited by Parvo; 05-20-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    2,815
    ^Heck of an offer, Parvo!


    In the past week I've ridden the Aspen trail on my MTB and Ski Hill Road and Teton Canyon on my gravel bike.

    Aspen is beautiful right now, with all three creeks running. Teton Canyon is also incredible because it is still not open to cars- I may head back out today for one last trip before cars get on it. I startled a ~2 year old grizzly coming down from the Ghee the other day. I didn't slow down to see if it's mom was around...

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    ^Heck of an offer, Parvo!


    In the past week I've ridden the Aspen trail on my MTB and Ski Hill Road and Teton Canyon on my gravel bike.

    Aspen is beautiful right now, with all three creeks running. Teton Canyon is also incredible because it is still not open to cars- I may head back out today for one last trip before cars get on it. I startled a ~2 year old grizzly coming down from the Ghee the other day. I didn't slow down to see if it's mom was around...
    The Targhee road is nicely swept and striped right now. I rode up there mid morning on the weekend and saw more bikes than cars, and not many of either. I'm not much of a road rider, but it's a great spring ride.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    My old DH bike is free to good local home, 05 large Kona Stinky Dee-Lux.
    Heavy as fuck, but a tank that consumes dirt like a demon.
    She’s a solid ride and got me on the podium more than once (always a bridesmaid ☹).
    Needs pedals, chain, shifter cable.
    I prolly have a spare tube, and a water bottle and maybe a free sticker.
    Decent bike for someone looking to get into DH.

    Update: Stealurface snapped up this great whip!
    I could get that rig running again if we can find parts.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    2,815
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    The Targhee road is nicely swept and striped right now. I rode up there mid morning on the weekend and saw more bikes than cars, and not many of either. I'm not much of a road rider, but it's a great spring ride.
    Yep- it's really nice up there on Ski Hill Road right now. The road is in really good conditions.

    I ended up back in Teton Canyon today. I had the entire place to myself- I didn't see another person for the entire 8 miles on gravel. Weather and road conditions were 10/10.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,131

    ‘21 Teton Region Dirt/Cycling Thread

    *Tried* to ride with the club again over near KC tonight but misread the post and parked on the opposite side, oh well. Sidewinder was empty, saw a few people on my way up but the entire 1700’ descent didn’t see a sole. Went up a bit higher than last time and was really pleased to find some nice, albeit relatively short, true rock garden sections.

    Just finally got around to properly tuning my suspension last night and holy shit, it felt fantastic. Amazed at the downhill traits of this bike while still being completely pedalable on the up.

    Nice views at the top

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1621571737.768192.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	375200

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    316
    Mill Creek is prime to the overlook right now. Two small snow patches and the rest is hero dirt. Probably about time to go hike up Drake and see how it's doing once this rain clears.

    Also, anecdote of the day, ran into a surly downhiller on my Mill Creek climb who was obviously pissy and tried to ride my partner and I off the trail instead of yielding. I won the game of chicken and he ended up in the bushes, being ornery. Saw him pulled over in Alta on the way home. Karma or something...

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    30,240
    That’s rad that he got a slam down. Anyone we know? Young? Oldster?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s rad that he got a slam down. Anyone we know? Young? Oldster?

    Young, Utah plates.

    Not usually so crusty, but like, it's early season and we have limited trails right now, be nice, say hi, it's the least you can do! Mill is a fun trail to charge top to bottom, but you've gotta be strategic with your timing.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,811
    Anyone get a JHMR summer pass for bike park hot laps? With my schedule likely will only get out for Friday night bikes, but this summer we have the sweetwater trail access.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    15' from MT
    Posts
    231
    When is the big hole zone mostly clear of snow for moto? Primarily the higher stuff for loops.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •