Thread: BOULDER

BOULDER

Enough bitching about it. And arguing. It’s super shitty regardless of how you feel about everything in the political environment.

That being said, mental health facilities in that area probably will need help, with funding and other stuff. I’m sure there is a charity that could use some positive from our community.

I could google and find a charity or facility and donate to it, but I have a feeling there are some Boulder mags that could shine light on places that could really use the help.

Throwing money at the problem is not a long term solution or even a short term one, but it can definitely help when some of these places have been hit so hard by lack of funding due to COVID-19.

I’ll start by throwing in $100 to some place the majority of us can agree on donating to, just name the place.

I’ll match.

Sounds like we need a Boulder mag to guide us to do amicable donation spot. And maybe one of those fund page things. But this Redneck is not tech savvy enough for that...

Well my friend who is Boulder PD, whose friend just got murdered in the line of duty was harassed by civilians as he tried to keep the crime scene safe and unpolluted for the investigators, so maybe something for the officer who lost his life would be the logical place to start.

https://www.bouldercounty.org/safety...-officer-fund/

Boulder-born here. Was in Boulder the day of the shooting and flying home when it happened. My gf and her housemates shop at that KS -we were in there the day before. We are all shaken and saddened by the attack. It's wonderful to see the widespread outrage and offers of support. That area is home to the second Whole Foods in town but there's a king soopers because that's the part of town with many young families, working people, students and others on a tight budget in a ridiculously expensive and wealthy town. I would not think the police (who already get tons of money and will probably get even more after this) need the donations as much as the random KS shopper or others involved. I'm waiting for a reply from my gf about where to donate to greatest effect. She's very plugged in to community support networks and will have a suggestion in a couple hours. Thanks for starting this thread. It was frightening to check in on loved ones that may have been in the store and friends that still live in the bubble and I appreciate the desire to help.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Boulder-born here. Was in Boulder the day of the shooting and flying home when it happened. My gf and her housemates shop at that KS -we were in there the day before. We are all shaken and saddened by the attack. It's wonderful to see the widespread outrage and offers of support. That area is home to the second Whole Foods in town but there's a king soopers because that's the part of town with many young families, working people, students and others on a tight budget in a ridiculously expensive and wealthy town. I would not think the police (who already get tons of money and will probably get even more after this) need the donations as much as the random KS shopper or others involved. I'm waiting for a reply from my gf about where to donate to greatest effect. She's very plugged in to community support networks and will have a suggestion in a couple hours. Thanks for starting this thread. It was frightening to check in on loved ones that may have been in the store and friends that still live in the bubble and I appreciate the desire to help.
    Perfect. This is more inline with what I was thinking. Though I am a supporter of the police and the military, I believe the funding is plentiful in that realm. The officer that was lost and his family should definitely not be forgotten by any means, so that’s not the message either. But Ill-advised put some things into a different perspective, along with reading about how danno and others will have to talk to their kids about this.

I know for a fact there is a lack for mental health help, facilities, training, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I know for a fact there is a lack for mental health help, facilities, training, etc.
    Agreed 100%. Mental Health workers (esp. community/public) are chronically underpaid and overworked. Great place to start.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

BOULDER

Ok. Here's her recc.

https://bouldercounty.wufoo.com/form...ity-donations/

This looks like a place to donate services such as funeral or trauma-focused counseling. One example could be labor attorneys who want to help employees file workers' comp claims.

They also provide links to sites for cash donations with orgs based in Colorado and Boulder county. Looks like Danno just posted them above me.

The Colorado Healing Fund is collecting donations to support the needs of victims, families, and the larger community affected by the Boulder tragedy. The public can securely donate online by visiting ColoradoHealingFund.org and donating through Colorado Gives.
    https://www.coloradogives.org/index....ion&fwID=40167
    The Community Foundation Boulder County has announced a fund to support those impacted by supermarket shooting. Donations can be made to support the needs of the victims, families, and the larger community.
    https://www.commfound.org/blog/commu...ty-crisis-fund
    Peace and positive vibes to all affected.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 03-24-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Great thread, thanks and +1 for donating to undervalued and underfunded mental health resources.

Posting this from Boulder OEM in case anybuddy comes through this thread looking for help.

Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.

Call Mental Health Partners at 303-443-8500 or 1-844-493-TALK (8255) 24/7 or visit Mental Health Partners on Facebook for virtual help.

Thx all on this from a boulder local. Will donate as well now

Rise and shine bump.

Mental health and a lack of people trained to handle/care for those with mental health conditions is a nation wide problem. Please support the above Boulder foundations as well as your local ones.

Will match the OP as well. Vibes to all and keep all in our hearts. Much love for the families that have been torn apart by this senseless cowardly act.
    always forward but never straight

BOULDER

Thanks guys. This is how we can actually make a difference. No one will ever agree on everything but we can all still be human and help when help is needed the most.

I chose the one Lepistoir posted. I’ve had a decent week of work, so I threw in extra. But seriously, any amount will help.

I had run across the Colorado Healing Fund earlier in the week and donated $250 there. Direct donation site is here: https://www.coloradogives.org/index....ion&fwID=40167

Continued vibes to all the Boulder mags.

BOULDER

Moment of silence today at 730MT if you're into that kind of thing.

#Boulder to honor victims of shooting through community-wide moment of silence. The impact of this tragedy stretches across our community and nation, and we welcome all to join us. #BoulderStrong

ow.ly/JzE450E9GsQ

Boulder mag here. Great to see the support and donations, thank you. Confirming that Boulder County Crisis Fund and Colorado Healing Fund are good places to donate, in addition to the gofundme for Officer Talley and other victims.