Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Due to the ferocity, if not insanity, of this past year as well as the many concurrent calamities we all had to endure together and apart from the pandemic to the election, a considerable amount of slack was given on threads outside Poliasshat because of the interwoven nature of everything from the pandemic to the election. The Mod Team felt less stringent rules on political issues that came up in the Padded Room would hopefully allow less thread moving and deleting, as well as fewer repetitive long winded explanations and emotional overloads. The election is now over. We certainly hope the pandemic is on it's way to oblivion. Its time to go back to the old ways of the forum and corral the political rodeo back in Poliasshat for the sake of the forum and everyone on the forum.

Tomorrow, we will be moving any threads that are deemed political in nature, including the Rat Flu and America is Burning threads. This means you can all still continue reading and participating in these threads, but you will need to agree to enter an inflammatory area of asshattery and potential butthurt to see the thread.

As always, if you see a thread that appears to belong in Poliasshat, please report the thread as that is the only way to guarantee the mods see your complaint. Not reporting the thread but instead complaining in the thread may make you feel better but might not lead to any action and may in fact lead to you being ridiculed.

Hugs and Kisses,
    Mod Team
    Dear 2020 Jong,

Tits or gtfo.

Hugs and Kisses.

Hunh. I’m gonna have to start hitting that little triangle, give you guys some laughs.

Can I report that some posts are really funny or right on? That might break it up a little for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hunh. I’m gonna have to start hitting that little triangle, give you guys some laughs.

Can I report that some posts are really funny or right on? That might break it up a little for you.
    I've been around tgr for a while now and I've never even thought to 'flag' a post so I didn't even know about the triangle. Why can't everyone just ignore a post or not open a specific thread? Christ, I ignore my own threads and posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I'm not sure Cuomo knows where upstate is. Hell, it's still not nailed down in the Upstate NY thread.

PS - just disappointed that we have a "Mod Team" - why didn't you call yourselves the "MOD SQUAD"?
    I stand by my definition of if there is a Stewart's, it's considered upstate.

And good on the mod team for wrangling the politics to its proper venue.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I've been around tgr for a while now and I've never even thought to 'flag' a post so I didn't even know about the triangle. Why can't everyone just ignore a post or not open a specific thread? Christ, I ignore my own threads and posts.
    Here, maybe this will help.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...HE-RIGHT-PLACE
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot. I'm fine with existing threads staying. I rarely go back more than 1-2 pages on a thread to catch the drift anyway, so whatever Polyass happened 25 pages ago is ancient history. If I need to know more about Covid, I'll do a internet search on medical journals and not have to wade through pages of political mudslinging. I think based on this warning that if such a thread stays and people can't control themselves then the mods have a right to move it as they see fit.

I don't care about guns at all. I've shot them, but never owned one or see the need to own one. If someone wants that thread moved as a token peace offering for moving others, fine with me.
    It kind of looks like discussions about political discussions echo the discussions, which may as well echo the politics. That's probably only interesting to me, but thanks for appeasing my curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

And good on the mod team for wrangling the politics to its proper venue.
    Wait, so nothing west of Syracuse?

What about Utica, Buffalo and the entirety of WNY?
    I still call it The Jake.

There's a handful in Oswego!

And my very first Stewart's experience was in Utica while on a college tour. Really was a bright spot of that trip for me because Colgate sucked.
    Live Free or Die

Ah yes, closing the barn doors months after the horses leave. Great strategy. Either do the job of modding or don't. There's a shit-ton of baiting that occurs in a LOT of threads, and it will become even more prevalent with this type of response, as anytime a thread isn't what people want, they'll start thrunting it with polyass content, getting it moved out of view.
    "Threads deemed political in nature" is weak shit, especially when one of them is the ONGOING PANDEMIC thread. Because that's totally political, being diseases and medicine and all. You need real rules and guidelines and the will to enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    This is the way

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was posted 10 yrs after I arrived. I'm grandfathered. Steve Jones said so.

i am against this decision and as polyass posters can tell you that I've made many polyass posts.

even though i have tried to keep my political posts in the padded room to a minimum to not trash up padded room threads, i consider the padded room the wild west of tgr boards and if others want to post political comments in it; that is their right.

unfortunately, even the padded room has plenty of snowflakes that cannot handle a political post on an internet message board, so i understand the decision.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Well fuck me, I actually agree with Skcougs.....I started the America Burning Thread. At the time, I was looking to see what it looked like on the ground from Mags across the country, as it pertained to the summer of George Floyd....How about anyone that has their panties in a wad report a particular POST, and not piss and moan over an entire thread? Just a thought.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Man, I can kinda see the covid thread not being full polyass but the America Burning thread is 100% political in every way shape and form.
    Live Free or Die

Because I asked what it looked like from various Mags perspectives??? OK Boomer.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

IMHO the poliass subform is for political topics, not 'normal' topics that get some political content injected via random replies. Starting or moving a thread there absolutely guarantees it will descend into a toxic political quagmire and the original idea(s) / discussion lost. And since there are only a dozen guys in there, anything that doesn't lend itself to sniping and whataboutism falls off the page.

I’m in agreement with much of what’s been posted above.

Seems to me it’s a bit weird to suspend guidelines for a certain time period...what’s the basis for identifying what time period qualifies? Instead, can we recognize some general PR history that functions as a guideline?

Big ass news events (mass shootings, natural disasters, death of a major cultural figure, etc) will always get discussed in PR. Many of these topics can have a political dimension, but most here don’t seem to mind, especially if:

- the political comments are humorous
    - the political comments are reasonably civil (no such guideline in polyass)...but this is flexible, esp if humor is involved
    - most of the comments are adding to the factual exploration of the event or situation
    - most of the threads in PR are topics that inherently aren’t particularly political

Mod “Squad”...Is that meant to be political?

politics is a trite, inane, selfish, insignificant, verbal effluvium that isn’t worth a mention, nonetheless less an entire thread. Sometimes it’s fun, but it is always worthless
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’m in agreement with much of what’s been posted above.

Seems to me it’s a bit weird to suspend guidelines for a certain time period...what’s the basis for identifying what time period qualifies? Instead, can we recognize some general PR history that functions as a guideline?

Big ass news events (mass shootings, natural disasters, death of a major cultural figure, etc) will always get discussed in PR. Many of these topics can have a political dimension, but most here don’t seem to mind, especially if:

- the political comments are humorous
    - the political comments are reasonably civil (no such guideline in polyass)...but this is flexible, esp if humor is involved
    - most of the comments are adding to the factual exploration of the event or situation
    - most of the threads in PR are topics that inherently aren’t particularly political
    Spot on. As an offender of PR political posts there seems to be quite a through line of the former guy being in office and poly posts vs now - but maybe I’m wrong. Has been for me.
    Trying to reform over here. Please forgive.

Let me get this straight. People actually report stuff posted in the Padded Room?
    Y’all got soft as fuck.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Let me get this straight. People actually report stuff posted in the Padded Room?
    Y’all got soft as fuck.
    Right? If you just don't want to hear someones drivel, there is a feature called ignore. Try it you big babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Fricking Poliass interlopers. What the hell is the world coming to these days. Next they will be encroaching on Tech Talk.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Fricking Poliass interlopers. What the hell is the world coming to these days. Next they will be encroaching on Tech Talk.
    Tech Talk Jong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Pretty sure they already overran the ECRC.
    I still call it The Jake.

Danno has time on his hands... or Splat trying to drive an exodus to his breakaway Myspace startup.

FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........