Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yeah, I have kind of wondered if that same basic arc happened to the entire internet.

I dunno, is it just irreparably broken then? What’s the right thing to do? Do we just walk away? Do we steer harder and risk overcorrection?
    This stuff isn’t easy.
    One thing I know for sure is: no matter what course is chosen, no matter what the right thing to do is, someone will be butthurt about it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Let me get this straight. People actually report stuff posted in the Padded Room?
    Y’all got soft as fuck.
    There you go. It's the same fuckin people. Maybe 5 or 6. Who seem to spend hours berating any post that doesn't fit their world view. If you don't feel like they do about any particular topic your a ???? Fill in the blank.
    My only complaint. If I see the you can't see this because they are blocked. I don't want to see it when someone else quotes them.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

From a tech point of view, being able to select a group of subforms and see new posts only from those subforums would go a long way. Maybe also with the ability to exclude specific threads.
    Example: just the ski and gear swap. Or just ski, bike, and padded room.... whatever. Then you could have a better-curated scroll of new posts, to include or not include what you want to see, without getting buried in lots of other stuff.

Given the ongoing tech struggles, its hard to imagine that kind of an upgrade though. Maybe someday.

Meh. Either click the forums. Or use the new post button.

The padded room has the best most entertaining content other than ski stoke.

I can’t believe asshats flag posts that are quotes of people they blocked. What the snowflake hell.

Hey Mod Squad! Sorry. It’s a shit job. Thx I guess.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I can’t believe asshats flag posts that are quotes of people they blocked. What the snowflake hell.
    Does this actually happen? Whining about it to the rest of us is bad enough, I'd think telling the mods would just be taken as a request for time out.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    There you go. It's the same fuckin people. Maybe 5 or 6. Who seem to spend hours berating any post that doesn't fit their world view. If you don't feel like they do about any particular topic your a ???? Fill in the blank.
    My only complaint. If I see the you can't see this because they are blocked. I don't want to see it when someone else quotes them.
    Pipe down. you posted images of a gun to your head with threats of suicide, ya know for a laugh. it's unlikely these people hurt your precious sensibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Does this actually happen?
    IMO Bullshit.

The padded room has the best most entertaining content other than ski stoke.
    Agree. But it also has a somewhat uneven history, EX: X-rated photos get a pass as long as labeled NSFW yet people freak out if you post a photo of a dead animal you shot.

It gets really old when an interesting discussion devolves into a bunch of screaming and insults and mostly because of politics EX: The shit slinging in the Rat Flu thread brought on by a couple of folks.

There is a place for that shit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

There is a place for that shit.
    There sure is, and it's called...THE PADDED ROOM!

This seems like a good place to post this.

The Mod Team often points out that until posts are reported you shouldn't assume we have seen them, even if you see a mod posting in the thread or replying to the offending post; we wear two hats, and the "maggot" hat is on way more than the mod hat, and the maggot hat comes with some cool polarized goggles that sometimes prevent us from truly seeing problematic posts without a little help (narrator: they don't actually get goggles, or hats, it's metaphorical). So if a post or thread is problematic, we rely a lot on you guys to report stuff (so thanks for keeping us on top of things!).

But here's a pro tip: if your report begins by berating/accusing the mods for not having done something about the offending post or person already, you're not likely to get a positive action. You're more likely to make us point and laugh at you and your whiny report.

Hugs and kisses,
    Mod Team
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Was the message from Spook?
    I still call it The Jake.

I reported the mod squad post.

It made me feel uncomfortable

Can I get a hug? And a nap?
    . . .

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Still waiting for Greg from Alpine Zone to chime in.

Maybe he's hitting up Mod Squad via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Still waiting for Greg from Alpine Zone to chime in.

Maybe he's hitting up Mod Squad via PM.
    Is Greg married? Maybe he can post pics of his wife for the ullr thread.

^^^i hear Booner’s been posting pics of Greg’s wife for some time now

Booner is Greg?

Greg is booner?

It’s like Einhorn and Finkel
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    This seems like a good place to post this.

The Mod Team often points out that until posts are reported you shouldn't assume we have seen them, even if you see a mod posting in the thread or replying to the offending post; we wear two hats, and the "maggot" hat is on way more than the mod hat, and the maggot hat comes with some cool polarized goggles that sometimes prevent us from truly seeing problematic posts without a little help (narrator: they don't actually get goggles, or hats, it's metaphorical). So if a post or thread is problematic, we rely a lot on you guys to report stuff (so thanks for keeping us on top of things!).

But here's a pro tip: if your report begins by berating/accusing the mods for not having done something about the offending post or person already, you're not likely to get a positive action. You're more likely to make us point and laugh at you and your whiny report.

Hugs and kisses,
    Mod Team
    Oh man, I wish I would have thought to create this troll account before you! Congrats!