Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The day my political opinion changes based on internet forum conjecture is the day hell freezes over.
    FIFY
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I think that is the most interesting part, even the worst in Polyass were pretty well behaved in here. Usually it was some low count poster wandering into here and making posts that didn't really fit.

C’est la vie
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Polyass is such a toxic shithole thanks to the utter unwillingness to deal with a few morons few want to venture into it, yet there can’t be a discussion of anything mildly political anywhere else. The utter genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Interesting how 2 of the threads that were moved from here have degenerated into monkeys flinging shit like there is no tomorrow.
    Link?

How about if I quote a bunch in this thread?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Polyass is such a toxic shithole thanks to the utter unwillingness to deal with a few morons few want to venture into it, yet there can’t be a discussion of anything mildly political anywhere else. The utter genius
    Agreed. And if you flip it slightly, it's people who seemingly are so bothered by even the littlest political comment, on things that have political consequences, like our national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccinations, or climate change, etc. that have made it impossible to discuss those issues in the PR with full context. People so overly sensitive to being challenged on their political beliefs that just seeing the words on their computer screens is too much for them. It's not a big number of people that post here who have that issue, but the entire forum has been tailored to deal with their butthurt. IMO it's dumb. don't like something that's said or that a poster says frequently, then don't read it.

I would love to see this place desegregated. it was nice when I'd see a thread about a TV show next to someone's fishing experience, next to the hunting thread, next to the climate change thread.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    How about if I quote a bunch in this thread?
    You trying to get this moved to Ask TGR? Cause if you get it moved to poliass it might get a little one-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    you're all flinging poo all the time, but when someone flings some poo into your eye you think it's too much to bear, and then you complain that mods step in and do something about it, or complain that the owners of the site condone flinging poo in eyes if they don't step in and do something.

Report the offending posts and let someone actually see the eye-poo-flinging and make some decision on it.

OR... you are all free to step out of the poo flinging arena, nobody is forcing you to be in this forum. And what's allowed in here is vastly different than what is allowed outside of this little corner. So, want less poo flinging? want to keep your eyes clean? don't post in here. That is not to say that flinging poo in eyes is condoned or even allowed, just that y'all are all a bunch of poo flinging monkeys, and it's not always easy for someone on the outside to see who is the "bad" party when someone gets some poo in their eyes.

COVID thread belongs in “the best of”... not the hollow grounds of polyass

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    COVID thread belongs in “the best of”... not the hollow grounds of polyass
    And yet both of the important ones remain right here in PR.

Much ado about nothing.

Name:  455D6EB1-9D58-42B0-9BC3-BB0AD14B93B7.jpeg
Views: 2364
Size:  107.4 KB
    . . .

Mods!!!! CS posted a Covid meme in a thread that's not about da Covid!

Can you give him a Yellow card?
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 04-03-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Triggered?
    Maybe you need a doughnut?
    . . .

I think you missed the joke again. That comic is funny though.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed. And if you flip it slightly, it's people who seemingly are so bothered by even the littlest political comment, on things that have political consequences, like our national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccinations, or climate change, etc. that have made it impossible to discuss those issues in the PR with full context. People so overly sensitive to being challenged on their political beliefs that just seeing the words on their computer screens is too much for them. It's not a big number of people that post here who have that issue, but the entire forum has been tailored to deal with their butthurt. IMO it's dumb. don't like something that's said or that a poster says frequently, then don't read it.

I would love to see this place desegregated. it was nice when I'd see a thread about a TV show next to someone's fishing experience, next to the hunting thread, next to the climate change thread.
    Yup, but we have a few moderators who have appointed themselves to save this place by ruining it, which is why it so thoroughly sucks these days. Grow the fuck up and give it a rest. Goddamn.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Name:  455D6EB1-9D58-42B0-9BC3-BB0AD14B93B7.jpeg
Views: 2364
Size:  107.4 KB
    That's funny and relatable
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Yup, but we have a few moderators who have appointed themselves to save this place by ruining it, which is why it so thoroughly sucks these days. Grow the fuck up and give it a rest. Goddamn.
    I respectfully disagree. We have some posters who cannot manage to conduct themselves like normal human beings and feel they are duty bound to be assholes to each other.

See the Police Behaving Badly thread.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

In my view, the best times on the forum were when there was a sprinkling of ski industry heavy hitters, and lots of everyday ski town locals, and there was a lot of funny mixed with good ski stoke and gear talk/swappy kind of content.

The way I remember it, the worst deterioration came from when politics started invading everything and the whole forum was a morass of people trolling each other about politics. It became so toxic a lot of the old guard of ski industry people and regular rippers stopped posting, and the whole character of the board changed from “trying for stoke” and “trying for laughs” to just, like, argument-enthusiasts trying to upset each other.
    That was why the asshattery subforum was created, to not just ban everyone who wanted to talk shit about politics, but to be able to put it away from the other, better parts of the forum.

The thinking now was that, again, we were approaching a mode where so many people were so butthurt about the political bickering that almost no matter what topic you posted it would devolve into a food fight about politics, and we’re trying to stop the forum from just being a big shitwad of sadist trolls getting off on trying to piss each other off, because that’s the bad energy that seriously, irreparably eroded the quality of this thing back in 2007/2008 when the first really serious Rob Story article wave of trolling began.

On one hand, yeah... don’t feed the trolls, on the other hand, that shit is getting moved to the asshattery area where it belongs because this place isn’t at its best when it’s saturated with ongoing trolling and ax-grinding.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wheredatagsat
    baketgrgreatagain
    icemanforgetspasswordinjeans
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    In my view, the best times on the forum were when there was a sprinkling of ski industry heavy hitters, and lots of everyday ski town locals, and there was a lot of funny mixed with good ski stoke and gear talk/swappy kind of content.

The way I remember it, the worst deterioration came from when politics started invading everything and the whole forum was a morass of people trolling each other about politics. It became so toxic a lot of the old guard of ski industry people and regular rippers stopped posting, and the whole character of the board changed from “trying for stoke” and “trying for laughs” to just, like, argument-enthusiasts trying to upset each other.
    That was why the asshattery subforum was created, to not just ban everyone who wanted to talk shit about politics, but to be able to put it away from the other, better parts of the forum.

The thinking now was that, again, we were approaching a mode where so many people were so butthurt about the political bickering that almost no matter what topic you posted it would devolve into a food fight about politics, and we’re trying to stop the forum from just being a big shitwad of sadist trolls getting off on trying to piss each other off, because that’s the bad energy that seriously, irreparably eroded the quality of this thing back in 2007/2008 when the first really serious Rob Story article wave of trolling began.

On one hand, yeah... don’t feed the trolls, on the other hand, that shit is getting moved to the asshattery area where it belongs because this place isn’t at its best when it’s saturated with ongoing trolling and ax-grinding.
    What you have described is the evolution of the internet.

Name:  41233121-1DBE-4B71-BADD-DB119C17C6CF.jpeg
Views: 505
Size:  81.9 KB
    . . .

Yeah, I have kind of wondered if that same basic arc happened to the entire internet.

I dunno, is it just irreparably broken then? What’s the right thing to do? Do we just walk away? Do we steer harder and risk overcorrection?
    This stuff isn’t easy.

Yeah, I have kind of wondered if that same basic arc happened to the entire internet.

I dunno, is it just irreparably broken then? What’s the right thing to do?
    Meh.

The glory days here was before it got popular from the googles.
    Hard core skiers that flamed armchair skiers. Shamed them away. Didn’t need mods. Self moderation.
    Today? Different. But still nuggets of fun here and there. And the occasional racist drunk rant by bunny.

No matter where you go, there you are.
    . . .

I dunno, is it just irreparably broken then? What’s the right thing to do? Do we just walk away? Do we steer harder and risk overcorrection?
    This stuff isn’t easy.
    I doubt there is a clear right thing to do. Just the sheer number of people now who actively use the internet, versus since 2007/2008, is hard to overcome.

Like Robin said in Aspen Extreme, "Seasons change."

Like Robin said in Aspen Extreme, "Seasons change."
    She was kind of hot.

The glory days here was before it got popular from the googles.
    Hard core skiers that flamed armchair skiers. Shamed them away. Didn’t need mods. Self moderation.
    Today? Different. But still nuggets of fun here and there. And the occasional racist drunk rant by bunny.
    Hmmmm, somehow I don't really remember it that way but that's fine.