Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You gotta drive I70 to Copper.
    No you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No you don't.

Well, if you want to get there the same day from the FR.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Agree, it sucks for them, especially the constant telling people to pull their masks up over their noses. I can tell it's wearing on them as we near the end of the season. I even tipped my favorite tram lifty $20 a couple weeks ago because she is so cheerful even with all this crap, and lets me slide ahead into a singles spot just about every day.

I also think the whole mask thing will be gone by next season. I've been very conscientious about it, really just because I don't want to make the lifty's job any harder, but damn I hate having to keep my mask on in the tram line, because it basically means I need to take my goggles off so they don't fog up. And if it's snowing, I need to put them in my pocket so they don't get all snowy sitting on top of my helmet. First world problems, I know, but it sucks IMO.
    Everybody should be vaccinated by fall. If you didn't, that's your problem.
    Besides, the plane there and shuttle busses are far more dangerous than a quad.

Well, if you want to get there the same day from the FR.
    Wrong again!

As someone who has to travel to ski, I barely used the pass this year. due to actually following the travel protocols. I'd need better incentive than to waste another >$500.

I know I'm whining...but anyone else in that boat?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    What were the numbers before Covid? Before Ikon? And is this corrected for more available skiers?

Don’t have a problem being wrong. Just have a problem with people being butt hurt that others want to ski too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This is the general sentiment from Aspen locals with their $2800 season passes.

Vail Resorts Decreases Epic Pass Prices by 20%

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

i'd be pretty livid if i was paying $2000+ for a local resort season pass and the have it be crowded by a bunch of people paying way less for their days there on their megapass.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    i'd be pretty livid if i was paying $2000+ for a local resort season pass and the have it be crowded by a bunch of people paying way less for their days there on their megapass.
    Why buy the local pass in the first place? Does IKON only get you so many days @ Aspen?

Seems the obvious thing is to make Highlands no IKON but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Why buy the local pass in the first place? Does IKON only get you so many days @ Aspen?
    5 days on base, 7 on full Ikon. And that's split between *all* 4 Aspen/Snowmss properties.

NFW Alterra takes the RFV crown jewel off the pass.

Not in my back yard!!

Epic Military $135.....I've got a family of four, no-brainer....

K12 im with you. For people in pc Epic and Ikon is a no brainer. Maybe it is just our unique situation. My next decision is Snowbird spring pass

Regarding masks, I will probably never ski without one again they are not that uncomfortable and they keep your face warm.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Fog my goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Tremblant is the closest 'big' mountain to me, and if you want a season pass, the only option is Ikon, so all the locals/regulars have to use an Ikon. Ikon made the price of a season pass lower than it was pre-Ikon.
    Should have clarified that statement. Meant to say local at Jackson, Aspen, Big Sky, Alta, Snowbird, etc.... basically the non core Alterra mountains that have limited 5 day or 7 day access
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Tremblant is the closest 'big' mountain to me, and if you want a season pass, the only option is Ikon, so all the locals/regulars have to use an Ikon. Ikon made the price of a season pass lower than it was pre-Ikon.
    Which is fucking fantastic, you get a seasons pass for less than before, and can take trips to Verbier/3V/St. Anton, Alta/Snowbird, Squaw, Jackson, Sunshine/LL and ski for free. Amazing value

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

IKON only gets you either 5 days non holiday (if you but the base pass + the access upgrade) or 7 days anytime if you buy the Full Ikon. For areas like Aspen and Alta/Snowbird the days are combined access meaning you get a total of X days combined. For example, Aspen has technically 4 mountains - Aspen (Ajax), Highlands, Buttermilk (forgot what they call it now), and Snowmass. If you bought the full Ikon, you would get a total of 7 days at either of these mountains.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Agree, it sucks for them, especially the constant telling people to pull their masks up over their noses. I can tell it's wearing on them as we near the end of the season. I even tipped my favorite tram lifty $20 a couple weeks ago because she is so cheerful even with all this crap, and lets me slide ahead into a singles spot just about every day.

I also think the whole mask thing will be gone by next season. I've been very conscientious about it, really just because I don't want to make the lifty's job any harder, but damn I hate having to keep my mask on in the tram line, because it basically means I need to take my goggles off so they don't fog up. And if it's snowing, I need to put them in my pocket so they don't get all snowy sitting on top of my helmet. First world problems, I know, but it sucks IMO.
    If you don't want to fog use the blue medical mask with the metal piece you can bend around your nose. pinch it really well, really mold it perfectly to the bridge of your nose, take a few seconds to work it. then put your goggles on so the bottom of your goggles overlaps the top of the mask and the pressure from your goggles really seals the top of the mask to your face. you'll never fog up again, hot air will go everywhere but up.

Vail Resorts Decreases Epic Pass Prices by 20%

^yup. Telluride is probably the worst example but it hits me hard; last year a season pass was $1,750 and then every Epic passholder gets 7 days. In return Telluride passholders get 50% off window price at Vail resorts. Whoop de fucking doo.

ETA: on the flipside, I could buy an epic pass and something like 10 additional days at Telluride before hitting the price of a season pass. So 17 days at T-ride and then ski CB the rest of the season. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Do they at least get a sticker for that price?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Do they at least get a sticker for that price?
    Sticker here or sticker there?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wall St. did not like the discount.

Wall St. did not like the discount.
    Dayum. Nice work Katz.

If the board was actually a board, he should be fired for this.

I’m 115 days in and haven’t stood in more than a couple of lines all year. Yes, I will show up 30 minutes early on a big powder day, but that’s it.
    I rarely even ride up with anyone, unless I know them.

Ikon stopped requiring reservations last week.
    Highlands will be empty tomorrow.

I have absolutely no problem with Ikon.