Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    People, relax, no one was killed.

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-bould...piracy-1578053

How in the hell can ‘Qanon’ not just be a cynical inside joke?
    Because blue anon occupies that space?

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    So turns out the shooter wasn’t a middle aged, white, christian, anti vax anti masker, driving a lifted truck while flying confederate and Trump flags. Bummer.
    You all must be very upset over that. Vibes.
    They don't have the balls. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Amen.
    And unless you are personally close to someone killed or wounded, why does it matter if the shooting happens in your local store, or your hometown, or half way across the world? I know this isn't a popular view, but why do people claim mourning rights to tragedies that didn't actually involve them? If you really care, do something about it. Do something about guns and mental health. Do something about the loss of community. Wringing your hands and trying to shut up people who do want to do something about it helps no one.
    Besides, it's just the flu. (Yearly flu and GSW deaths are very similar every year.)
    Preach! Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    You forgot truck nuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They don't have the balls. Really.
    Well. There you have it
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Preach! Well said.
    Check your allies on this one, Old Goat.

Every day is a gift. I'm sorry for any of you who knew the victims or have friends/family affected by this. I never once thought it could happen in that little corner of the universe. When I worked at the original Neptune's 20 years ago, I foraged for lunch in that king soopers every damned day. Ironically, I was supposed to be working at Neptune's again starting last week. Almost made the move back but ultimately backed out of the position right before I was to start. Hits close to home for sure. I'm beside myself.

If you want to be a cold stone regarding mass death then so be it. Everyone has their own coping mechanisms. But it's not up to you to tell others how to process their own grief and feelings, or to tell others not to sympathize for a beloved community. What a hollow thing to say.

So I'm not allowed to read the Just A Dog post and cry? Because that happens all the time. Mourning for others' losses is human and completely normal. Don't diminish other's feelings just because they didn't personally know the victims, or live in the community. Grief is real, no matter the reason or connection. I distinctly remember driving while hearing of the Sandy Hook event unfold. It shook me to my core, and I do not have children, nor do I particularly care for them. Las Vegas is my hometown. I didn't know any of those victims either and I loathe country music but did it affect me? Absolutely.

To grieve is to be human.

TGR sure has gone to shit when you see a thread started about a tragedy like this and already know where it's going to end up. Given some of the commenters in this thread, the current state of our society is not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Every day is a gift. I'm sorry for any of you who knew the victims or have friends/family affected by this. I never once thought it could happen in that little corner of the universe. When I worked at the original Neptune's 20 years ago, I foraged for lunch in that king soopers every damned day. Ironically, I was supposed to be working at Neptune's again starting last week. Almost made the move back but ultimately backed out of the position right before I was to start. Hits close to home for sure. I'm beside myself.

If you want to be a cold stone regarding mass death then so be it. Everyone has their own coping mechanisms. But it's not up to you to tell others how to process their own grief and feelings, or to tell others not to sympathize for a beloved community. What a hollow thing to say.

So I'm not allowed to read the Just A Dog post and cry? Because that happens all the time. Mourning for others' losses is human and completely normal. Don't diminish other's feelings just because they didn't personally know the victims, or live in the community. Grief is real, no matter the reason or connection. I distinctly remember driving while hearing of the Sandy Hook event unfold. It shook me to my core, and I do not have children, nor do I particularly care for them. Las Vegas is my hometown. I didn't know any of those victims either and I loathe country music but did it affect me? Absolutely.

To grieve is to be human.
    Thanks Jax.

Sorry to hear that you won't be working at Neptune's but glad you weren't here for this tragedy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks Jax.

Sorry to hear that you won't be working at Neptune's but glad you weren't here for this tragedy.
    Sorry for everyone close to this.

The Boulder King Sooper's is the first store I can ever remember going to with my parents. I remember cutting out coupons with my mom when I was in preschool. Our usual location was the one on the other side of town. But you're in the grocery store all the time when you've got little kids. The gal who got gunned down who worked there for 30 years+ probably helped me out when I was the same age my kid is now.

I haven't lived in Boulder for decades, but it still feels like a violation.

My sympathies go out to everyone affected by the shooting. There are too many armed assholes out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    TGR sure has gone to shit when you see a thread started about a tragedy like this and already know where it's going to end up. Given some of the commenters in this thread, the current state of our society is not surprising.
    Seriously this. When I heard the news, I called a good friend of mine in Boulder to make sure he was ok, then posted this thread, because I know there are a lot of mags here that live in Boulder, or the surrounding areas....JFC people. I hope the Boulder collective continues to check in, and hope they can eventually heal from this tragedy....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Thanks Danno. The position was back office, legit, but too many red flags. No regrets and especially now. I'll never see that area in the same light.

You working there might have gotten me to shop there again! I haven't set foot in the store in 15 or so years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

For those of you with little kids, some thoughts and remembrances from being 8 years old when my dad committed a mass shooting:

I was upset because my mom was upset, she was upset because of what this would do to me, what was upsetting to me was that people were upset. The whole fucking thing was a feedback loop!

An effort to send me to a therapist, while undertaken with the purest of possible intent, was this interruption into my normal kidlife to replace neighborhood fun time with a dour meeting with a pantsuit lady in an office. It felt like I was being punished for no reason.

The extra attention and kid gloves with teachers and neighborhood parents and coaches and everyone... it probably made me weird. Like, that’s the biggest consequence in my hindsight, just the loss of being insignificant and normal and forgotten. The extra care...I think it made me weird.

I got a lot of this sort of assessment and extra attention as a little kid right after it happened, but all I knew at that age was things were wrong and everyone was freaked out and treating me differently. I needed all that extra attention and assessment later, around ages 12-15 when my awareness of the context of all this was growing into a more complete form. I had questions I could ask nobody. By then, it was years removed and everybody had moved on. I didn’t, and to this day still don’t, mention this event around my family because it was so upsetting to them I didn’t and don’t want to upset them. But really I could have used a checkup later as I got older. As it happens, the most important thing anyone did for me at that age was get me skiing.... but not because skiing just fixes whomever of whatever, it was because I loved it, so some people facilitated me to really immerse myself into a thing I loved.

This post isn’t supposed to be about me, I’m fine, it’s supposed to be some food for thought for those of you making choices about how to approach this with your little kids. I’m fine, it’s not about me.

A friend of mine’s Mom’s best friend didn’t come home from the grocery store last night. Another friend of mine has scars up and down her body as a result of being a Columbine survivor. These are tragedies that are define our times, not political events. I know of no easy answers, but I do know that exercising as much compassion as we can and having tolerance for the human condition isn’t going to make it worse. Please, honor the victims and their loved ones by looking inside yourself and realizing that collectively, we all need to be part of the solution. Society is a sum of its parts. The only way we are going to be able to fix this shit is together.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    And yet the first thing you are concerned for are the guns. It sounds like a mental health problem to care more for inanimate objects and ones ability to own them than other people.
    All the caps was a tell. Red flag.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks for the chuckle.
    PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT HOW YOU'RE "IN PAIN". DORK.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Aw come on man, we have to be better than that.

21 year old paranoid schizophrenic

Hard to find words
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    For those of you with little kids, some thoughts and remembrances from being 8 years old when my dad committed a mass shooting:

I was upset because my mom was upset, she was upset because of what this would do to me, what was upsetting to me was that people were upset. The whole fucking thing was a feedback loop!

An effort to send me to a therapist, while undertaken with the purest of possible intent, was this interruption into my normal kidlife to replace neighborhood fun time with a dour meeting with a pantsuit lady in an office. It felt like I was being punished for no reason.

The extra attention and kid gloves with teachers and neighborhood parents and coaches and everyone... it probably made me weird. Like, that’s the biggest consequence in my hindsight, just the loss of being insignificant and normal and forgotten. The extra care...I think it made me weird.

I got a lot of this sort of assessment and extra attention as a little kid right after it happened, but all I knew at that age was things were wrong and everyone was freaked out and treating me differently. I needed all that extra attention and assessment later, around ages 12-15 when my awareness of the context of all this was growing into a more complete form. I had questions I could ask nobody. By then, it was years removed and everybody had moved on. I didn’t, and to this day still don’t, mention this event around my family because it was so upsetting to them I didn’t and don’t want to upset them. But really I could have used a checkup later as I got older. As it happens, the most important thing anyone did for me at that age was get me skiing.... but not because skiing just fixes whomever of whatever, it was because I loved it, so some people facilitated me to really immerse myself into a thing I loved.

This post isn’t supposed to be about me, I’m fine, it’s supposed to be some food for thought for those of you making choices about how to approach this with your little kids. I’m fine, it’s not about me.
    This is a good take J.

I’ll also share that I was in elementary school on 9/11 in a town close enough to the city that you could see the towers fall. I can’t imagine what was going through the minds of my parents, other parents, and teachers at the time who had to have some form an answer ready when asked the why/how questions from us.

My parents undoubtedly directly knew or had close friends who lost people in that tragedy, hell, my mom was working a few blocks from ground zero, but I think it was really important for my development that they remained strong and acted normal around me. I’m sure there was plenty of grieving behind the scenes.

I’ll echo what IAS said, young kids will bounce back quickly as long as the overall demeanor remains normal. If my parents had been acting funky I would have picked up on it and it would have made things worse for me. The flip side of that coin are preteens/teenagers who may have a more contextual sense of things.

The only reason I feel the need to share my experience as a wee lad here is in the hope that it may help some of you who are parents now.

Damn bro. That’s heavy shit.
    Good point about not over educating kids too young. But you have to listen for the trouble. It’s under the surface. And comes out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    A friend of mine’s Mom’s best friend didn’t come home from the grocery store last night. Another friend of mine has scars up and down her body as a result of being a Columbine survivor. These are tragedies that are define our times, not political events. I know of no easy answers, but I do know that exercising as much compassion as we can and having tolerance for the human condition isn’t going to make it worse. Please, honor the victims and their loved ones by looking inside yourself and realizing that collectively, we all need to be part of the solution. Society is a sum of its parts. The only way we are going to be able to fix this shit is together.
    Vibes foggy.
    Hang tough.
    Love and hug those still here.
    Ugggh
    . . .

Vibes to everyone in Boulder. This madness needed to stop years ago. It cannot continue.

As a former Boulder resident this is extra close to home, and we’ve shopped at that Soopers a lot. But you don’t have to be close to Boulder to feel sadness over this or any of the other hundreds of senseless killings over the decades.

The shit talking and lack of any human based empathy or understanding of how others could be feeling in this thread is chilling. Fuck you to those that are so self centered and selfish you can’t even keep your mouth shut on this one.

Hug your friends, families, and neighbors tight. And let’s finally do something in this state and country to help stop this crazy shit from happening.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Vibes to all.

Not to stir the nest anymore but in America too many people are strung out. We have a history of Everyman for himself, frontier type attitude, little community for most. Family spread out, or you have none to begin with.

At least that’s what I tell my relatives overseas who can’t understand this shit n

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For those of you with little kids, some thoughts and remembrances from being 8 years old when my dad committed a mass shooting
    Whoa. I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Whoa. I had no idea.
    PRO TIP=PEEP HIS USERNAME.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

BOULDER MAGS CHECK IN: ACTIVE SHOOTER KING SOOPERS

I’m really sorry for all of this sadness in Boulder. It can and does happen anywhere. You just don’t know. I don’t have a good way to help. I’m sorry.

My kindergartner is on spring break and I have a soon to be three-year-old. They don’t know anything about the Boulder events that went down 25 miles from our house. I’m not going to bring it up because I don’t have to. On the way to the in-laws this am they started talking about Boulder on the radio and I changed the station. My kindergartner would have picked up on it in a second. Later, I brought them home early from the in-laws who had me pick them up because the in-laws felt like shit from their second Rona shot. I had them watch a new G-rated kids movie on Netflix while I finished work. The movie scared the holy crap out of them both for some reason and they came into my office to get some comfort. This was over a silly kid movie with some little kid drama. Soon I won’t be able to hide these horrors of the world from them. How do you parents with older kids deal with this stuff?

Before Rona I was always thinking about what if a shooting goes down while I’m out with them. Will we get away? What will I do to keep them safe? Where are exits?

I’m sorry about all this.