Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    one woman worked at the store for over 30 years. Hopefully King Soopers takes care of her family.
    Why, were they negligent?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

BOULDER MAGS CHECK IN: ACTIVE SHOOTER KING SOOPERS

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Why, were they negligent?
    I mean isn’t that the way it works now, something bad happens to someone so someone has to buy them back to happiness.

“Oh your mom was shot, here’s some money, I hope it teaches you life lessons, Prayers”

“Oh your dad was a slave, here’s some money to make it all better, vibez”

Bunch of keyboard dentist cowboys think they are gonna change the world arguing with each other, and trying to figure out who is the more entitled white man willing to give away the most for a warm and fuzzy finger fucking in the ass.

Go to gear swap and do something about it...
    Last edited by SoVT Joey; 03-24-2021 at 01:20 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Every day is a gift. I'm sorry for any of you who knew the victims or have friends/family affected by this. I never once thought it could happen in that little corner of the universe. When I worked at the original Neptune's 20 years ago, I foraged for lunch in that king soopers every damned day. Ironically, I was supposed to be working at Neptune's again starting last week. Almost made the move back but ultimately backed out of the position right before I was to start. Hits close to home for sure. I'm beside myself.

If you want to be a cold stone regarding mass death then so be it. Everyone has their own coping mechanisms. But it's not up to you to tell others how to process their own grief and feelings, or to tell others not to sympathize for a beloved community. What a hollow thing to say.

So I'm not allowed to read the Just A Dog post and cry? Because that happens all the time. Mourning for others' losses is human and completely normal. Don't diminish other's feelings just because they didn't personally know the victims, or live in the community. Grief is real, no matter the reason or connection. I distinctly remember driving while hearing of the Sandy Hook event unfold. It shook me to my core, and I do not have children, nor do I particularly care for them. Las Vegas is my hometown. I didn't know any of those victims either and I loathe country music but did it affect me? Absolutely.

To grieve is to be human.
    im with this
    i cry for every maggot dog
    and even a few cats
    somebody gits the old blabber goat sums 02's
    hes sniffed to many of his own expert farts and is in a diminished mental state
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I mean isn’t that the way it works now, something bad happens to someone so someone has to buy them back to happiness.

“Oh your mom was shot, here’s some money, I hope it teaches you life lessons, Prayers”

“Oh your dad was a slave, here’s some money to make it all better, vibez”
    This post and the one above yours are particularly ironic given the previous posts decrying the lack of “real” communities these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    PRO TIP=PEEP HIS USERNAME.
    His user name implies his dad committed a mass shooting? That's a pretty deep cut.

It’s not about me.

I just wanted the several mags who were puzzling about parenting kids through this to have some things to consider in their decision-making process.

I’m fine.

How’s everybody in Boulder doing?

Also, I think it’s not so much about sheltering kids, but just demonstrating how to handle a scary and sad situation, ensure safety, and continue pursuing happiness in our short lives. I imagine all your kiddos are skiers, so the concept of balance... not ignoring what’s going on, not overreacting... just like, we’re going to make sure we’re safe and keep doing what we do to be happy healthy people.

And yes, definitely note my username. On one hand, if you were so ridiculous as to just try to mimic all my choices, you’d end up just like me—don’t do that; but, durrr, nobody’s doing that. On the other hand, I have a lifetime of bad choices that make for good stories and big list of things not to do, and life lessons and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Bunch of keyboard dentist cowboys think they are gonna change the world arguing with each other, and trying to figure out who is the more entitled white man willing to give away the most for a warm and fuzzy finger fucking in the ass.

Go to gear swap and do something about it...
    ok so whom amongst us is going to listen to anything a junkie with apoor attitude sez with more than disdain ?

anyone ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ok so whom amongst us is going to listen to anything a junkie with apoor attitude sez with more than disdain ?

anyone ?
    I nominate him for the expert thread, he definitely has knowledge.

I went to high school with one of the victims. Jody Waters. Still can't believe this shit. And yes, because I knew someone it does make it worse. She was in line to get her covid vaccine when shot by the fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    I went to high school with one of the victims. Jody Waters. Still can't believe this shit. And yes, because I knew someone it does make it worse. She was in line to get her covid vaccine when shot by the fucker.
    Fuck. That's fucking horrible.

Ill and others sharing stories, expressing concern and compassion, thank you.

Living up here on Shanahan Ridge was the first place I found some community in this town. Kids run around freely, the views are amazing and the trials that keep me semi sane are right here.

I know several people that work at Soopers, Neptune, Elevations and the Yoga Loft and on and on... Southern Sun was my afternoon work spot before covid. I'm not a city person but once I found this community, it became home.

I'm trying to be a rock for my daughter, I'm weeping constantly when she's not around and this feels like the last straw. It's really hard to keep it together after the last year and now this. Thankfully she has friends to play with the last two days.

This is going to take a long time to get through. I'm grateful for all the friends, family, clients, neighbors and acquaintances that checked on me. I don't feel #BoulderStrong but I'm trying.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jesuz Millsie, that is terrible. So sorry. RIP Jody Waters.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Ill and others sharing stories, expressing concern and compassion, thank you.

Living up here on Shanahan Ridge was the first place I found some community in this town. Kids run around freely, the views are amazing and the trials that keep me semi sane are right here.

I know several people that work at Soopers, Neptune, Elevations and the Yoga Loft and on and on... Southern Sun was my afternoon work spot before covid. I'm not a city person but once I found this community, it became home.

I'm trying to be a rock for my daughter, I'm weeping constantly when she's not around and this feels like the last straw. It's really hard to keep it together after the last year and now this. Thankfully she has friends to play with the last two days.

This is going to take a long time to get through. I'm grateful for all the friends, family, clients, neighbors and acquaintances that checked on me. I don't feel #BoulderStrong but I'm trying.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    All I can say. It's inexplicably Fucked up. It will probably never happen like this again? I won't go into how around here public places are not gun free zones.. Because I don't feel anymore isolated from the crazy than anyone else. Just a false sense of security knowing that if? I go down I'll be shooting back. And I'm a good shot? Deferent way of looking at things.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Oh man, sorry Millsie

Sorry Millsie. It's fucking bullshit, it really is man. Take care.

Yes Millsie. I’m sorry too. And I’m sorry for everyone touched by this. It is crushing a large number of people. So much pain.

And it is unimaginable for a smaller number. I wish them peace someday. I worry that they will never have it.

Sorry for all who lost someone they knew.

9news and Polis are posting humanizing stories about each victim on social media. Sad to read but really important to do.

I just can’t say enough how sorry I am to everybody who’s affected here I apologize for my earlier angry post kinda out of line.

Fuck fuck fuck. I still just don’t even know what to say.

Much Love and vibes to those affected and hurting. .

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!