Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

BOULDER MAGS CHECK IN: ACTIVE SHOOTER KING SOOPERS

I conceal carried my Glock for a week or two after one of these mass shootings.

It’s was fucking annoying. Then I decided to stop being such a pussy and stopped carrying a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    SO MENTAL ILLNESS ISN'T A THING? HE SHOULD JUST "GET OVER IT"? YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
    quit hiding behind your stupid alias. If you want to discuss this, be a man and step out from behind the stupid all caps bullshit.

Jong Slaughter can be funny, stick to that with the alias.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Why is it always binary? Mental health problem OR gun problem? Why not both?

We definitely have a mental health problem in this country, a massive one. We definitely have a gun problem in this country, a massive one.
    BECAUSE SPOONS DON'T MAKE PEOPLE FAT.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

quit hiding behind your stupid alias. If you want to discuss this, be a man and step out from behind the stupid all caps bullshit.

Jong Slaughter can be funny, stick to that.
    OKAY INTERNET DORK.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

And all caps don’t make people cool or edgy.

Why is it always binary? Mental health problem OR gun problem? Why not both?

We definitely have a mental health problem in this country, a massive one. We definitely have a gun problem in this country, a massive one.
    Binary narratives only serve people who have a predetermined agenda. A tactic.

I've long held the view that our society is not well emotionally. Be it prevalence of clinical metal health issues or just starved for emotional fulfillment. One likely begets the other; and we can see people try to sooth this emptiness in all sorts of behaviors: alcohol, drugs, vapid entertainment distractions, over eating but most concerning to me -> anger. Anger and perceived desperation is a shockingly dangerous and prevalent combination. The gas if you will. The immediate access to firearms (and glorification of), well that's the spark that ignites it to tragedy.

I feel for the kid who brought up the CCW. I get it, you want something to bring a sense of control. I felt exactly the same way at your age. I owned firearms but eventually resisted the temptation to be constantly armed. I'm not going to tell you what to do - but I can say, upon 30 years of reflection since - not carrying was undoubtedly the better choice for me. Not only did I never have a situation that would have improved by me having a weapon, I also lacked the experience and maturity to recognize that. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They're partial to salmon and nuts.
    And men named Timothy

OKAY INTERNET DORK.
    Okay Blurred and/or Summit.

ETA: and the irony of you calling me an internet dork when you are hiding behind an alias on an internet forum, playing with some edgy persona and trying to hide who you really are, while I am just posting as myself, is pretty damn amusing. Thanks for the chuckle.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    So turns out the shooter wasn’t a middle aged, white, christian, anti vax anti masker, driving a lifted truck while flying confederate and Trump flags. Bummer.
    You all must be very upset over that. Vibes.
    Total bummer.

Maybe but do you really need at automatic spoon where you just sit back and it shovels 10 spoonfuls of food into your face in a matter of seconds?

So turns out the shooter wasn’t a middle aged, white, christian, anti vax anti masker, driving a lifted truck while flying confederate and Trump flags. Bummer.
    Fucking Syria again? We need to invade! This is all Putin’s fault!
    . . .

I am just getting home from the hospital. I have not yet heard the dude's name. I am hoping it stays that way. I think not making these assholes famous could make reoccurrence less likely.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fucking Syria again? We need to invade! This is all Putin’s fault!
    Definitely Russia’s fault.

You must have missed the news. All those guys are under arrest for storming the Capitol and killing a cop there.

SO MENTAL ILLNESS ISN'T A THING? HE SHOULD JUST "GET OVER IT"? YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
    Conditions labelled "mental illness" aren't sometimes really mental illnesses. It seems like anyone that has problems conforming with societal norms are labelled with mental illness and given a handful of pills and hope for the best?

It's called life, and gee darn, life sure is hard sometimes, but a majority of those that are bullied don't go out and kill people because they felt wronged by society, they keep living and deal with their frustrations in ways that don't involve shooting people.

So you live in Kuna then?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Binary narratives only serve people who have a predetermined agenda. A tactic.

I've long held the view that our society is not well emotionally. Be it prevalence of clinical metal health issues or just starved for emotional fulfillment. One likely begets the other; and we can see people try to sooth this emptiness in all sorts of behaviors: alcohol, drugs, vapid entertainment distractions, over eating but most concerning to me -> anger. Anger and perceived desperation is a shockingly dangerous and prevalent combination. The gas if you will. The immediate access to firearms (and glorification of), well that's the spark that ignites it to tragedy.

I feel for the kid who brought up the CCW. I get it, you want something to bring a sense of control. I felt exactly the same way at your age. I owned firearms but eventually resisted the temptation to be constantly armed. I'm not going to tell you what to do - but I can say, upon 30 years of reflection since - not carrying was undoubtedly the better choice for me. Not only did I never have a situation that would have improved by me having a weapon, I also lacked the experience and maturity to recognize that. YMMV.
    I did it for awhile and then got tired of it.
    But like having the option open to do so
    A very large portion of the population here Carry. More than people who don't realize
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If we define every mass shooter as mentally ill we haven't solved anything.
    If we define every mentally ill person as a potential mass shooter we haven't solved anything.
    As a society we haven't figured out how to identify ahead of time people likely to commit mass murder.
    The best we can do is to try to help those around us who are in distress, whether they are potential mass killers or suicidal or just in pain.

Hey old goat, you're usually cool, but you are way the fuck off base here (edit: referring to older posts, not the one right above this). Humans evolved to be part of communities, so we are are hardwired to care for those around us. I don't personally know any of the victims, but that doesn't stop my chest from being tight and feeling empathy to all the people do know the victims and the people who witnessed this. I can't just put away the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach as I drove by my local grocery store surrounded by cops wondering what the fuck was happening. This is the definition of "close to home" for many of us that live here or have lived here. Hell, my girlfriend was in that store 4 hours prior to the shooting!

Are you gonna show up in every RIP avalanche death thread and tell people not to grieve another loss of our snow loving community because they didn't actually know them? I lost a friend in an avalanche yesterday. We weren't that close, but I'm sure as shit not gonna ask permission to grieve.

People, relax, no one was killed.

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-bould...piracy-1578053

How in the hell can ‘Qanon’ not just be a cynical inside joke?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Humans evolved to be part of communities, so we are are hardwired to care for those around us.
    I'd like to believe this, but somewhere along the way of caring for others around us, the system broke down and now all we seem to be able to do is barely take care of ourselves while those that are still empathetic are left with the overwhelming burden of caring for others without much in return. Greed and fake money is to blame I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Ugh. I'm also thinking about how I'll talk to my 6 year old about this. I need to do it today.

On my way home from skiing with my dog yesterday I was planning to stop that King Soopers and Neptune right around the time of the shooting. Decided to skip Neptune and go to the King Soopers near my house instead to save a few minutes. I probably won't tell my wife that. Saw the police cars screaming by on my way home, but it barely registered. I was only thinking about how hungry I was.
    Wow.

Glad you, PowderHorse, and all other Boulder mags are safe.

I’ve spent a good amount of time in that area at NCAR, Southern Sun, etc. Just drove by it Sat on way skiing and anytime I’m cutting through Boulder to go south on 93.

Know co-workers who were in there the day before/ day of. And just found out a family friend in Louisville lost a coworker/friend. Terribly sad and unnecessary.

Hug your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Do the victims' families a favor and don't try to co-opt their grief.
    Hey thanks for checking in to explain what type of grief does and doesn't make sense, who is allowed to claim victimhood, trauma, etc. I didn't understand the rules about how to feel but now I do. You are the arbiter of post-mass shooting grieving that we didn't know we needed.

I'm sitting here wondering if any of the dead are the employees I see every time I'm in that store. You know, that gal that always wears cowboy boots or the quirky/awkward clerk that works self checkout and constantly converses with herself out loud. People I don't "know" but recognize and have interacted with weekly for 10+ years. I'm wondering how best to support my buddy that literally ran for his life yesterday after hearing gunshots and seeing dead bodies. What I'm not doing is re-evaluating my definition of community or the people I should care about as defined by your standard.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The best we can do is to try to help those around us who are in distress, whether they are potential mass killers or suicidal or just in pain.
    Might I suggest practicing what you preach by refraining from posting pedantic BS about how others should be processing this?

You forgot truck nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Hey thanks for checking in to explain what type of grief does and doesn't make sense, who is allowed to claim victimhood, trauma, etc. I didn't understand the rules about how to feel but now I do. You are the arbiter of post-mass shooting grieving that we didn't know we needed.

I'm sitting here wondering if any of the dead are the employees I see every time I'm in that store. You know, that gal that always wears cowboy boots or the quirky/awkward clerk that works self checkout and constantly converses with herself out loud. People I don't "know" but recognize and have interacted with weekly for 10+ years. I'm wondering how best to support my buddy that literally ran for his life yesterday after hearing gunshots and seeing dead bodies. What I'm not doing is re-evaluating my definition of community or the people I should care about as defined by your standard.

Might I suggest practicing what you preach by refraining from posting pedantic BS about how others should be processing this?
    one woman worked at the store for over 30 years. Hopefully King Soopers takes care of her family.
    off your knees Louie