Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So glad you're ok. We haven't yet talked to our daughter about this, she only knows something happened but not what. Not sure how that's going to go.
    Thanks Danno, I was thinking of your family as well. My daughter is going to have major anxiety from this. I hope it goes okay for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Amen.
    And unless you are personally close to someone killed or wounded, why does it matter if the shooting happens in your local store, or your hometown, or half way across the world? I know this isn't a popular view, but why do people claim mourning rights to tragedies that didn't actually involve them?
    Fuck off. Ten people from my community were killed in a store I buy my groceries in, and you're telling me I should have the same reaction as a shooting that happens 2000 miles away? Just because I didn't know any of them personally (something I only just found out 10 minutes ago)? You're damn right yours isn't a popular view. Asshole.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    ^^
    Great post, man. I agree. Covid's ripped so much of the "human connection" away from us. We need it back in order to heal. As the wise Bill and Ted once said, "Be excellent to each other" instead of tearing each other apart across the internet. Hugs IRL are a great place to start.

Bingo.... Vibes to the Boulder community. Take care of each other during these dark days.

Another 21 year old shooter. Could be a coincidence, but maybe something deeper.

Vibes to the Boulder community

“[It was] not at all a political statement, it’s mental illness,” Ali Aliwi Alissa told The Daily Beast. “The guy used to get bullied a lot in high school, he was like an outgoing kid but after he went to high school and got bullied a lot, he started becoming anti-social.”

THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A SYMPTOM OF OUR SICK SOCIETY. NOBODY EVER ASKS WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO KILL A BUNCH OF PEOPLE. NOBODY EVER DRAWS A CORRELATION OF PHARMACEUTICALS IN ALL OF THESE SHOOTINGS. THEY JUST POLITICIZE IT FOR A GUN GRAB. YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY THAT 66% OF ALL GUN DEATHS ARE SUICIDES, AND INSTEAD OF YOUR POLITICIANS ADDRESSING THE "WHY", THEY CLEARLY DON'T CARE WHY AND BLAME IT ON GUNS.
    THIS GUY WAS BULLIED BECAUSE OUR SOCIETY SUCKS. HE FELT OUTCASTED AND MARGINALIZED. NOT CONDONING HIS ACTIONS.
    WE HAVE A MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM DISGUISED AS A GUN PROBLEM. PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE INCREDIBLY UNHAPPY, AND COVID ISOLATION HASN'T HELPED. THIS SHIT WILL CONTINUE, AND GUNS AREN'T GOING AWAY. PROTECT YOURSELF. RIP TO THE VICTIMS.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Fuck off. Ten people from my community were killed in a store I buy my groceries in, and you're telling me I should have the same reaction as a shooting that happens 2000 miles away? Just because I didn't know any of them personally (something I only just found out 10 minutes ago)? You're damn right yours isn't a popular view. Asshole.
    Grieving over a mass shooting because it happened in your town would make sense if we lived in actual communities, but if we lived in actual communities this sort of thing wouldn't happen. Do the victims' families a favor and don't try to co-opt their grief.

Anyone that goes out and shoots 10 innocent people has a mental health issue....no matter their "motive"
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

BOULDER MAGS CHECK IN: ACTIVE SHOOTER KING SOOPERS

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    “[It was] not at all a political statement, it’s mental illness,” Ali Aliwi Alissa told The Daily Beast. “The guy used to get bullied a lot in high school, he was like an outgoing kid but after he went to high school and got bullied a lot, he started becoming anti-social.”

THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A SYMPTOM OF OUR SICK SOCIETY. NOBODY EVER ASKS WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO KILL A BUNCH OF PEOPLE. NOBODY EVER DRAWS A CORRELATION OF PHARMACEUTICALS IN ALL OF THESE SHOOTINGS. THEY JUST POLITICIZE IT FOR A GUN GRAB. YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY THAT 66% OF ALL GUN DEATHS ARE SUICIDES, AND INSTEAD OF YOUR POLITICIANS ADDRESSING THE "WHY", THEY CLEARLY DON'T CARE WHY AND BLAME IT ON GUNS.
    THIS GUY WAS BULLIED BECAUSE OUR SOCIETY SUCKS. HE FELT OUTCASTED AND MARGINALIZED. NOT CONDONING HIS ACTIONS.
    WE HAVE A MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM DISGUISED AS A GUN PROBLEM. PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE INCREDIBLY UNHAPPY, AND COVID ISOLATION HASN'T HELPED. THIS SHIT WILL CONTINUE, AND GUNS AREN'T GOING AWAY. PROTECT YOURSELF. RIP TO THE VICTIMS.
    We have a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem, drug problem, race problem, virus problem, and just about every other thing people are willing to blame shit on to take the blame off ourselves and ask the tough questions.

Well said. And old goat hit it spot on as well.

Grieving over a mass shooting because it happened in your town would make sense if we lived in actual communities, but if we lived in actual communities this sort of thing wouldn't happen. Do the victims' families a favor and don't try to co-opt their grief.
    What a stupid statement - this sounds like it’s written by an edgy 13 year old.

If YOU don’t live in an “actual community” anymore that’s your issue. Don’t tell other people how they define their community, “actual” or not.

I don’t live in Boulder anymore, but my brother is going to school at CU right now and his long-term gf lives across the street - can I include them in my community or not?

Blaming this on a societal problem clearly isn't the reason. Bullying "victims" grow up and get over it most of the time. Those that were bullied are now usually in a better place than they were before and the bullies are still flipping burgers at a restaurant and still making just above minimum wage living in their parents' basement. This isn't about those being bullied, it's about some sick fuck that doesn't care about other human beings and for some reason taking his societal frustrations out for some reason with an assault rifle. Why exactly does this person need one of these, the gubmint bullies gonna come get him? Paranoia sucks.

And yet the first thing you are concerned for are the guns. It sounds like a mental health problem to care more for inanimate objects and ones ability to own them than other people.

Fuck you. The rest of the world has mental health issues too. These massacres only happen here in such frequency, if at all.

Mental health disguised as a gun problem ? Maybe its not a a good idea to give people with possible mental health problems access to guns ?
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

You're being a complete and utter asshole. Just because you don't live in or feel connected to a community doesn't mean other don't. The killer didn't live in this community, he traveled to it.

Grief isn't some scarce resource. We're all grieving here today and that is fucking fine, normal, necessary.

Why is it always binary? Mental health problem OR gun problem? Why not both?

We definitely have a mental health problem in this country, a massive one. We definitely have a gun problem in this country, a massive one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    What a stupid statement - this sounds like it’s written by an edgy 13 year old.

If YOU don’t live in an “actual community” anymore that’s your issue. Don’t tell other people how they define their community, “actual” or not.

I don’t live in Boulder anymore, but my brother is going to school at CU right now and his long-term gf lives across the street - can I include them in my community or not?
    You can include them only if you also include all the other people on the block--the old people, the people with opposite political beliefs from you, the people who you think you have nothing in common with.
    In a community people who are hurting or mentally ill or whatever this guy was are recognized and helped or at least have their guns taken away before they hurt themselves or someone. A bunch of people living in the same place are not a community, even if some of them are friends and ski together.

The time to look after each other is before the mass shooting, not afterwards.

I don't claim to be any more community minded than anyone else--I'm as guilty as the next person of not knowing what's going on down the street. Isolation and division is at the root of a lot of our problems in this country. I don't claim to have any answers, but I know that crocodile tears aren't one.

I'm dreading hearing the details. If I don't know any of the victims personally, it's pretty much a lock that I will know people who know some of them. It's starting to sink in how this is gonna fuck with our community's collective consciousness for a long time.
    Man, I'm sorry for Boulder and the entire community. I wish you all the peace you can muster during the fallout from all this. It's just unbelievable that this is happening in places where you would least expect and affecting so many people. The victims (RIP), the families (Peace and well wishes), the friends, and the other acquaintances who are impacted. So senseless and deranged. Vibes to you, Danno and all yours.

Seems it only took the TGRians half a day to get to the blame game knee jerk reactions.

The cycle will continue and it will not stop. Very sad and our country kind of sucks lately.

Atlanta is already old news, think about that.

Next shooting in a few days or weeks and Boulder will be old news (except for the community there).

Like has been said a million times, if Sandy Hook changed nothing then how can we expect any other tragedy to change things.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why is it always binary? Mental health problem OR gun problem? Why not both?

We definitely have a mental health problem in this country, a massive one. We definitely have a gun problem in this country, a massive one.
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

BOULDER MAGS CHECK IN: ACTIVE SHOOTER KING SOOPERS

Holeeee fuck. Glad u guys are OK. Goat: this happened where my GFs teens woulda been at school like across the street. So maybe it’s not right we care more about our neighbors than strangers but it’s just natural.

Fuck.
    Fuck.
    Fuck.

Every goddamn time some shit like this happens I come closer and closer to concealed carrying my kinda stupid handgun that I rally just bought for fun. I’d just get myself killed with a gun thing but holy fuck!!

Maybe some ninja stars or caltrops?
    What the fuck are we supposed to do?!!!

Holy fuck shit.

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 03-23-2021 at 11:04 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Mental health disguised as a gun problem ? Maybe its not a a good idea to give people with possible mental health problems access to guns ?
    And yet the GOP is all for anyone and everyone buying a gun the same day so someone with mental health issues can commit mass murder, but want to make it harder and harder to register to vote and to actually vote in this country.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

This is seriously a tragic event of unimaginable consequences to those close by. Possitive vibes, prayers, and thoughts go out to all of you guys/gals in the area who now have to deal with this fucked up situation. I am so saddened to hear this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Blaming this on a societal problem clearly isn't the reason. Bullying "victims" grow up and get over it most of the time. Those that were bullied are now usually in a better place than they were before and the bullies are still flipping burgers at a restaurant and still making just above minimum wage living in their parents' basement. This isn't about those being bullied, it's about some sick fuck that doesn't care about other human beings and for some reason taking his societal frustrations out for some reason with an assault rifle. Why exactly does this person need one of these, the gubmint bullies gonna come get him? Paranoia sucks.
    SO MENTAL ILLNESS ISN'T A THING? HE SHOULD JUST "GET OVER IT"? YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Like has been said a million times, if Sandy Hook changed nothing then how can we expect any other tragedy to change things.

Sadly this...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So turns out the shooter wasn’t a middle aged, white, christian, anti vax anti masker, driving a lifted truck while flying confederate and Trump flags. Bummer.
    You all must be very upset over that. Vibes.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.