Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Maui in a few weeks; Oregon and Colorado in July; Siberia in October. Yeah, Siberia.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's good practice for when the real bullets and industrial strength chemical agents starts flying.
    Miami, or just the Capitol building?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    USCIS doing anything within a year?

Good luck with that!!
    I started the process about 10 months ago.....no updates to the "status" of my paperwork since November........not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Maui in a few weeks; Oregon and Colorado in July; Siberia in October. Yeah, Siberia.
    Why Siberia in October? (Not being critical - genuinely interested)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I started the process about 10 months ago.....no updates to the "status" of my paperwork since November........not cool.
    What the hell are you waiting on that takes so long? I renewed my green card last year had it in my hand in a couple weeks. And that's as in untrustworthy canuck under the trump down with immigrants program lol

I've been doing trips regularly since covid hit. Way safer to get the hell outta town than deal with the influx of covid morons to the beach area I live at. But I've been mostly solo road trip camping which is lowest risk possible. I got laid off in Dec so this will continue for the foreseeable future. Some overseas trips would be rad but Im not counting on that. We'll see. I'd likely be traveling dirtbag backpacker or bikepacker style if so.

I got my second dose yesterday. My wife will hopefully get her first dose tomorrow (though it's first come, first serve so we'll see). This summer we plan to go see my parents in PA (we're in NV), which will involve either flights or a cross country road trip. Then hopefully we'll fly to India to see my wife's parents for a bit. My wife and son thankfully visited them in late fall 2019 right before this whole thing hit, but it will still have been 1.5 years since they've seen them (and it's been 2.5 years for me as i couldn't go then due to work). Both our sets of parents are set to be vaccinated soon, so hopefully the whole trip is pretty low risk. The only person who won't be vaccinated will be our 5 year old son, but I think we'll tolerate the smaller risk on that. We'd wait a few more months, but he annoying starts school early August.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    What the hell are you waiting on that takes so long? I renewed my green card last year had it in my hand in a couple weeks. And that's as in untrustworthy canuck under the trump down with immigrants program lol
    Dude IDK, it's kinda shitty. I guess when you have been a US Citizen for almost 25 years but born in South America they give you a hard time for having nearly every piece of documentation stolen and wanting a new Naturalization Certificate.

There isn't actually a person that you can talk to on the phone it seems so just wait it out. Had to go to the state capital and have new photos and stuff taken and that was in the fall. Not a peep since.

Spring/Summer will be pretty normal for us. Multi day paddling trips on the Maine coast, van trips to ride bikes on the east coast. Would be nice to have access to Quebec.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

San Diego next week
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Going with the missus?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Going with the missus?
    Yes, but ummmm. Not *that* one..

2020 was a rough year

Ouch.
    Didn’t know.
    Hey, we will be able to do four laps on Monarch this fall without her!

4 Green laps, yes plz.

Will need moar trucks!

Red Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The first rule about being fully vaccinated is don't talk about being fully vaccinated except in the vaccination thread on TGR. (At least for a while).

This.

INteresting thread. Just by happenstance we bought a beach townhouse just before covid, and it's been a godsend, Damn thing has gone up 50% in value based on other recent sales in the complex and we're gonna gross 12% this year on really about 5 months total rental.

But to the point probably a caribbean beach feb 2022 nice resort. If the goddamned variants can be tamed. Anniversaries have been tough with a teenage child in the hospital for 25 and covid for 30 in May so kinda a a catch-all trip.
    "Can't you see..."

Apparently life after vax is exactly like life pre-vax. If you ask my wife.

She's also brought up the orange shitgibbon a few times recently, I'm beginning to think she's addicted to drama and misses him.

I’m going fishing with skifishbum.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This.
    Wait, why?

As far as where I'm going: NC to visit parents in a couple of weeks for sure and then depending on how the world opens up, somewhere international late fall.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I’m going fishing with skifishbum and sheldon

fixie
    sounds like a plan
    but will there be
    i fished with dibs
    t shirts?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hey I have fished with SFB and Harry! Want to touch me? Key West in May, New Orleans in May, and Hawaii in September (some for work some for play).
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Wait, why?

Because at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, case numbers are still too high, and the percentage of the population that has been fully vaccinated is too low for anyone (including the fully vaccinated) to do anything differently from the way they have been for the last year.
    Last edited by glademaster; 03-22-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've been doing trips regularly since covid hit. Way safer to get the hell outta town than deal with the influx of covid morons to the beach area I live at. But I've been mostly solo road trip camping which is lowest risk possible. I got laid off in Dec so this will continue for the foreseeable future. Some overseas trips would be rad but Im not counting on that. We'll see. I'd likely be traveling dirtbag backpacker or bikepacker style if so.
    The entirety of Sprockets thanks you for your service in documenting these solo adventures.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy