Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I fly to BTV in mid-July for a little tour of the old stomping grounds and a family reunion.

But we're too broke to plan much else.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Because at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, case numbers are still too high, and the percentage of the population that has been fully vaccinated is too low for anyone (including the fully vaccinated) to do anything differently from the way they have been for the last year.
    This.

You guys should meet my wife. My perspective is, since the chance of hospitalization/death from covid after full vaccination is approximately zero, the doors can begin to be open. I would eat at a restaurant. I would wear a mask to my table for the sake of decorum and to avoid spreading it on the -very- off chance that I have been exposed, am asymptomatic, and could potentially spread it unknowingly, but I'm going to a restaurant and eating and not worrying about it.

That is a big difference from before. And a step in the right direction. I would get on a plane, too. I'd wear a mask but I'd get on. Or, as George Carlin would have it, in.

The more impatient some of us are about returning to normal, the longer it will take for all of us to regain a semblance of normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You guys should meet my wife. My perspective is, since the chance of hospitalization/death from covid after full vaccination is approximately zero, the doors can begin to be open. I would eat at a restaurant. I would wear a mask to my table for the sake of decorum and to avoid spreading it on the -very- off chance that I have been exposed, am asymptomatic, and could potentially spread it unknowingly, but I'm going to a restaurant and eating and not worrying about it.

That is a big difference from before. And a step in the right direction. I would get on a plane, too. I'd wear a mask but I'd get on. Or, as George Carlin would have it, in.
    Same here. I have no issues flying, dining, etc. I still wear my mask, wash my hands, socially distance as much as possible. However, I cant just isolate in my occupation and travel has been a requirement for my job. I feel that now I have been vaccinated I can take those same precautions I have been taking while traveling over the last 12 months and get a little greedy and travel for my own enjoyment. Doesn't mean I will be hanging out in Miami Beach partying.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm 3 weeks past my second poke so I went to my favorite bar for the first time in a year, drank a couple beers and had some wings. It felt amazingly normal and I'll prob be back this week.

Agreed. My wife is on the same page and she gets her first dose tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Hoping for Belize late summer to go diving,
    Southwest needs to get their shit together and resume flights to BZE. Not sure why they are dragging their feet compared to other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Southwest needs to get their shit together and resume flights to BZE. Not sure why they are dragging their feet compared to other carriers.
    And Liberia too please.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    And Liberia
    Isn't htat where ligers are from?
    "Can't you see..."

Str8 back home to protect myself from the ilks of joeysovt

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Str8 back home to protect myself from the ilks of joeysovt
    Sounds like the vaccine will be working just as it should be!!! Keeps you scared. So scared you run right home and sit in the basement on your computer on TGR. Like a good little pet.

Joey, you seem to be a pretty needy troll. So yo made the list. So many trolls, so little time. You understand, eh?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

This. The wife and I are all about this line of thought. Be cautious, courteous, and start moving on with life, as safely as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    And Liberia too please.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I'm 3 weeks past my second poke so I went to my favorite bar for the first time in a year, drank a couple beers and had some wings. It felt amazingly normal and I'll prob be back this week.
    This
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    LOL
    I assume he means Costa Rica.

Apparently life after vax is exactly like life pre-vax. If you ask my wife.

She's also brought up the orange shitgibbon a few times recently, I'm beginning to think she's addicted to drama and misses him.
    CNN ratings down 45% in prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The more impatient some of us are about returning to normal, the longer it will take for all of us to regain a semblance of normalcy.
    What's normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Isn't htat where ligers are from?
    Technically, they are howling ligers.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Indeed. .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's normal?

That's a fair question, but for the sake of this context, let's define normal as: live concerts, comedy shows and movie theaters can be attended in person again, masks aren't required to go to the grocery store, and the border between Canada and the US returns to being the way it was before February, 2020.

Honestly, with regards to things like eating and drinking out, I'm over it. I missed that stuff for a month or two last spring, but at this point, the appeal of continuing my boycott of those businesses is far greater than the appeal of sitting down for an uninspiring, overpriced meal and a beer that costs per pint what a 6-pack of it would down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ok I'll bite. Why would you assume that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Ok I'll bite. Why would you assume that?
    Because Southwest flies to Liberia CR and not to Africa?

Because Southwest flies to Liberia CR and not to Africa?

Ok, got it. Thanks. Obviously I've never been to CR, but have been to Belize City which I think is about the most disgusting city I've ever been in. It was wrong of me to assume ROB (Harbel, Liberia, Africa) was in the same class as Belize City.

I planning on visiting AK in September. Looking forward to some fishing, hiking on a glacier and seeing the northern lights.