Tahoe MTB in early April? No go or Go bro?

Family and I are staying in Tahoe City(Lake Forest area) April 5-8 (family owned cabin) and wondering if it's worth it to bring the bikes?

Obviously if there's snow between now and then, not likely...but wondering if there's still some access that would be worth the pedaling. Figured there might be some areas that tend to dry/thaw quicker. Also willing to drive a bit to find some dirt.

Thanks for the insight!
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSJK View Post
    Family and I are staying in Tahoe City(Lake Forest area) April 5-8 (family owned cabin) and wondering if it's worth it to bring the bikes?

Obviously if there's snow between now and then, not likely...but wondering if there's still some access that would be worth the pedaling. Figured there might be some areas that tend to dry/thaw quicker. Also willing to drive a bit to find some dirt.

Thanks for the insight!
    Basically nothing at the lake will be rideable. Everyone will be riding Clear Creek every day.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Go down to Reno for a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Basically nothing at the lake will be rideable. Everyone will be riding Clear Creek every day.
    Thanks for the response,

Any insight on this area? Understandable if you'd rather not share the goods on a forum, I can dig around a bit as well.
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

You will need to drive a bit to get below snow pack.

And the fantasy forecast is calling for low pressure that week.

No go. Not yet.

Nothing in Tahoe. Peavine, portions of Clear Creek, Ash Canyon on the east side will be good. Auburn SRA, Hoot, Scott's Flat on the west side should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Nothing in Tahoe. Peavine, portions of Clear Creek, Ash Canyon on the east side will be good. Auburn SRA, Hoot, Scott's Flat on the west side should be good.
    All of which is a solid meh for riding, especially if you have to drive to it. Bike path is plowed to squaw and part of west shore, and is about as entertaining as any of that riding without the drive.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

There's actually a bunch of great stuff down here, and even some super burly enduro-bro approved trails that are not on Trailforks, but it's pretty far from TC. If you really want to ride in 2 weeks I can tell you where to go.

Clear Creek is a super mellow green-rated out and back trail that gets an unbelievable amount of traffic. There are other trails within a half mile radius that get none. It's kind of a joke.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I might take you up on that, bike is getting dialed in the next couple days, starting to get the itch but the skiing has been so good lately. I've done a few early season rides down there in past years, good for stretching the legs, kinda fun after not being on the bike for six months, and the desert is beautiful in the spring. But would definitely like to find some better rides. I'm guessing you're talking pine nuts?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    All of which is a solid meh for riding, especially if you have to drive to it. Bike path is plowed to squaw and part of west shore, and is about as entertaining as any of that riding without the drive.
    You're not riding the right trails then. And if someone has the mtbing itch and hasn't been in the saddle for a bit they're more than worthy.

I live in Reno. Agree with the advice that you'll need to drive - east or west. Auburn is not meh as referenced earlier, I hit it all winter. Lower single track around Galena is good now and maybe the melt will happen up high (dry pond) by early April.