Thread: Jumpers knee

Jumpers knee

Seems I over did it running and doing the occasional stairs. I’ve been off it for a week, but just testing it, and stepping up a small retaining wall, the whole patella tendon lit up.

Worst part is, I’m headed to Jackson and targahee on weds.

How fucked am I? Can I get by with a brace?!stick to the groomers?

Or do I risk a sled ride?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Start stretching. Foam roll IT band, quads and hams. Standing side stretch with legs crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by mel221 View Post
    Start stretching. Foam roll IT band, quads and hams. Standing side stretch with legs crossed.
    Thanks. I run bleachers sometimes and was in new shoes that day. Stretching worked, managed to ski, but my fat ass will be back in the pool and off the Covid workout.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Backflip into Corbett’s
    . . .

Probably too late for your trip but the thin compression bands that wrap over the patella can do wonders because it moves the pressure point in the tendon slightly away from where the micro tears are. 30 years of basketball had destroyed my patellas. I had a debridement procedure on one and they took a piece of calcium the size of a dime out of my patella. If I even bumped a coffee table or anything on that spot the pain was excruciating before that surgery. Now if I play BB or ski moguls and forget those straps my knees ache like crazy for days.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations