Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    What compels these idiotic companies to implement premature "safety" tech like that?
    Um, I think it’s a huge cultural and economic class divide, and a resultant respect deficit, between operators and executives/administrators/engineers. A couple meetings over cocaine and cocktails is worth more to the executives than 10,000 of their workers screaming please don’t do this to us.
    It’s a continually-repeating story in our culture, encompassing many fields.

i mean, whats the point of even fucking in a taxi if there isn't a driver right?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Absofuckinglutely.

And the tech that works, but doesn't correctly inform the operator, resulting in a dangerous tug of war.

And the tech that was imagined by one team, designed by another, built by yet another, with the technical writing performed by another, incorporated into a training syllabus by a different organization, taught by independent contractors between midnight and 6am, and not seen during normal ops so that when it does rear its head, there's a good chance it'll be a huge WTF moment at time where there isn't much time.
    Like those poor souls piloting Ethiopian flight 302.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    People love the cheap fares. Just like Uber. Blame the user.
    Fly Cheapass Air - no pilot necessary. Just a trained dog to bite your ass should you not behave during the flight.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

No way. Robots with tazers.

Thats what hour tesla can be eventually. When your working your tesla can be making money for you
    Their guidance system gets better by the minute, literally. The cars are analyzing drive data from every tesla constantly throughout the world. The system is getting so good that it can stay in a lane on a snow covered road atm. The have internsl cameras already to keep tabs on any cab fair so they dont do damage, kooks or drunks etc. Wont be long, the way tgeyre selling and collecting more and more data

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I can see driverless taxis, shuttles, freeway trucking--fleets where someone will be at a screen monitoring a lot of vehicles. Maybe adjusting speeds for weather. Dealing with the unexpected like construction. Completely replacing human driven cars--I strongly doubt it. For one thing--it would require a significant upgrade in our roads and highways and we can't maintain what we've already got. Keeping maps updated for every nook and cranny in the country. People will own cars with the capability but will need to take over at times. And if they ever figure out how to drive in snow, get ready for cars that refuse to go faster than the 25-30MPH chain control limit.

Hell, to the fuck, NO!

i have a hard time trusting cab drivers to begin with.
    swing your fucking sword.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rs-seat-police
    Two men died after a Tesla vehicle, which was believed to be operating without anyone in the driver’s seat, crashed into a tree north of Houston, authorities said.

“There was no one in the driver’s seat,” Sgt Cinthya Umanzor of the Harris County Constable Precinct 4 said of the crash on Saturday night.

The 2019 Tesla Model S was traveling at high speed when it failed to negotiate a curve and went off the roadway, crashing to a tree and bursting into flames, local television station KHOU-TV said.

After the fire was extinguished, authorities located two passengers, with one in the front passenger seat while the other was in the back seat of the Tesla, the report said, citing Harris County Precinct 4 police officer Mark Herman.

Let the lawsuits begin.

Driverless vehicles... yay for more useless tech

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    economics, not techno fears. Uber drivers make shit and supply, clean and maintain the expensive car. Any “robotaxi” service has to compete against this, and if you expect waves of job disruption you’d expect more supply of people willing to drive ubers with their own car for peanuts.
    I'm bored so reading through the thread. Wanted to mention in the trailer park I live in. I noticed there are two cars with Uber and Lyft signs in the window. That's two people here doing that. I don't know if it's extra income or the only income. But I wonder. New neighbors I don't know them.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i have a hard time trusting cab drivers to begin with.
    All robots should pay taxes, just like the liveware they displaced.

Will the robots smell of patchouli?
    . . .

Elon must have wireless access to the black boxes on Tesla's.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-two-n1264623

Musk tweeted on Monday that data logs showed “autopilot was not enabled" for the car involved in Saturday's accident and that it did not have full self-driving capabilities. FSD is a $10,000 add-on feature that allows vehicles to automatically change lanes on highways and self-park.
    I guess these noodnicks didn't realize they didn't have the upgrade.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So if I hang a weight on the Tesla steering wheel, I can take a nap in the backseat!

https://futurism.com/easy-drive-tesl...y-drivers-seat
    . . .

Please do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

ha^.

Has anybody else seen these commercials for the Dominos driverless deliver vans/pods whatever the fuck you'd call them? How are they getting away with that one?