PSA dynafit beast 14 $199

got an email from The Mountain Shop here in portland
    if you were interested in a beast 14, they've got a good price for you

Dynafit Beast 14 for $199
    BD Helio 110 for $399

not sure if they're offered online or not -- maybe call them if you're out of town? 503.288.6768
    mountainshop.net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	367628

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    got an email from The Mountain Shop here in portland
    if you were interested in a beast 14, they've got a good price for you

Dynafit Beast 14 for $199
    That's a pretty hot deal, I know lots of people have had problems with them but when everything works correctly I love 'em on the downhill.

Also wondering what your experience has been with this shop. Moved to north portland recently and this is the closest ski shop to me. Additionally, I'm tired of going to REI/Next Adventure.

Good deals. Good shop. When I lived in pdx 15 years ago, this was my go-to. I still go there from time to time for rivet pressing and misc. scarpa boot service. I am from out of town and they always get it done same day.

Check out Oregon mountain community just down sandy. No ski/boot service, but they sell tons of skimo/climbing equipment. They don't have much of their inventory displayed, but they have boatloads of gear in the back room.

These are tempting. Can anyone speak to these compared to the Shift? Downhill on shifts has left me wanting something a little more substantial. Not just in terms of a higher release setting though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    These are tempting. Can anyone speak to these compared to the Shift? Downhill on shifts has left me wanting something a little more substantial. Not just in terms of a higher release setting though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I've never used shifts but I used beast 14s for a season. Definitely felt like a tech toe up front, it didn't feel like an alpine binding at all. I vastly prefer the feel of kingpins over them, so going from shifts to beasts would be a huge downgrade IMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Also wondering what your experience has been with this shop. Moved to north portland recently and this is the closest ski shop to me. Additionally, I'm tired of going to REI/Next Adventure.
    They've been a trustworthy shop for many years. I've had bootwork & service done there.
    I tend not to buy at retail often, so honestly i haven't over there of late

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Good deals. Good shop. When I lived in pdx 15 years ago, this was my go-to. I still go there from time to time for rivet pressing and misc. scarpa boot service. I am from out of town and they always get it done same day.

Check out Oregon mountain community just down sandy. No ski/boot service, but they sell tons of skimo/climbing equipment. They don't have much of their inventory displayed, but they have boatloads of gear in the back room.
    Never heard of OMC before, will have to check them out. Thanks!