Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I love the lower shell fit of the quantum. It’s the lowest volume boot on the market. But literally everything else about the boot is complete crap. Go with the lower shell and either cabrio or modified 3/4 buckle upper shell. Would be game changer of a boot. But I’m sure they’ll release a 100+ last shit burger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679230814.581169.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	452420
    After having these for a season I noticed cracking at the based of the U-cut out and I will have to submit them for warranty. I’m not sure what caused this. The Pebax renew plastic? The z-buckle closure on a thick plastic? Buyers beware. It’s a shame because I can’t think of another boot in the lean beef category that is this burly, has two buckles, and walks this well (and fits my feet, with some work).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Weight, fit and performance sounds on par with the scorpius. It'd be interesting to hear others thoughts. Plus Colby had input into the mtn summit!!
    [/URL]
    so this boot would be a good replacement for my fisher traverse. almost same bsl. i have wide feet so this could be good for me. guess i need it widened anyway.
    the guy rants about the inboot alot. so has anybody some info and what to replace? i guess a intuition pro tour.... tour wrap
    anybody some info`

Quote Originally Posted by twat View Post
    so this boot would be a good replacement for my fisher traverse. almost same bsl. i have wide feet so this could be good for me. guess i need it widened anyway.
    the guy rants about the inboot alot. so has anybody some info and what to replace? i guess a intuition pro tour.... tour wrap
    anybody some info`
    The way i understood it was that it was an average slightly narrow volume in the heel and instep with a extra wide toe box. Im ok with extra volume around my toes as long as the heel pocket isnt a swimming hole. I like the buckle configuration and the sound of the carbon spine in the cuff

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

The way i understood it was that it was an average slightly narrow volume in the heel and instep with a extra wide toe box. Im ok with extra volume around my toes as long as the heel pocket isnt a swimming hole. I like the buckle configuration and the sound of the carbon spine in the cuff

i jumped in the reps technica peak in the parking lot last year... the prerelease version... and did not like the heel.

always hate when i start diving deeper in a certain product... but will be a upgrade for my traverse for sure.

The heel is quite high volume in my opinion as well. I took my Intuitions from my Zeros Gs and put them in some of these and my heel and ankle were swimming in them.
    The way i understood it was that it was an average slightly narrow volume in the heel and instep with an extra wide toe box. Im ok with extra volume around my toes as long as the heel pocket isnt a swimming hole. I like the buckle configuration and the sound of the carbon spine in the cuff

i jumped in the reps technica peak in the parking lot last year... the prerelease version... and did not like the heel.

always hate when i start diving deeper in a certain product... but will be a upgrade for my traverse for sure.
    Another boot ive been looking at. Pricey and no deals so far though. I guess tge heel was too big?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    The heel is quite high volume in my opinion as well. I took my Intuitions from my Zeros Gs and put them in some of these and my heel and ankle were swimming in them.
    Damn! Thats no good. Everyday i miss my old tlt6 more and more. I had to punch the forefoot fairly agressive but it was like a glove after that. With t-nutted double tongues they skied quite well . Something like that in the 1000-1100g range is where my search is. What are you looking to get?

anybody some info`
    I bought this boot but won’t be able to test them out until next weekend. Fit wise it doesn’t feel too wide and the shell is short for my mondo size. I may have to punch out a little. I have thin ankles medium instep and slightly wider toe box. atomic XTD fits me best but I hate the four buckle gripwalk and don’t need a heavy boot. I will follow up on a review soon.

Another boot ive been looking at. Pricey and no deals so far though. I guess tge heel was too big?

Yes the heel was to big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdethan View Post
    I bought this boot but won’t be able to test them out until next weekend. Fit wise it doesn’t feel too wide and the shell is short for my mondo size. I may have to punch out a little. I have thin ankles medium instep and slightly wider toe box. atomic XTD fits me best but I hate the four buckle gripwalk and don’t need a heavy boot. I will follow up on a review soon.

I'd be interested in hearing how they work out, xtd was bad on me but had a slight bit of extra volume in the instep and heel
    Yes the heel was to big for me.
    Cheers, thanks

Damn! Thats no good. Everyday i miss my old tlt6 more and more. I had to punch the forefoot fairly agressive but it was like a glove after that. With t-nutted double tongues they skied quite well . Something like that in the 1000-1100g range is where my search is. What are you looking to get?

I really love my Skorpius as a TLT6 replacement. I needed substantial width punches in the TLT but none in the Skorpius. With a tourwrap it’s an awesome combo.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I really love my Skorpius as a TLT6 replacement. I needed substantial width punches in the TLT but none in the Skorpius. With a tourwrap it’s an awesome combo.

The skorpius is probably the best for me as well. We've had the same boots and work done to them between the tlt's and the lupos. Thanks for reminding me. Im easily distracted looking at others that may be on sale

I’ve come to accept the fact that unfortunately there is nothing else, that I’m aware of, that is nearly as low volume in the heel and ankle area as the Zero G in this category. It seems there’s nothing coming out next year either. If you want to drop down in weight and and stiffness the Skorpius might work. It does seem to be pretty low volume.

I tried the Skorpius CR2, I think they blew it by switching to boa. Boa might work ok on a boot without a full shell (F1 LT or the MTN Summit) but it doesn’t seem to do hardly anything on a full shell boot like this. I have friends with the old version who really like the lower buckle, not sure why they got rid of it, they should have just fixed the tongue breakage issue but kept the buckle.

But the Skorpius is still a little less boot than I want. I need more boot to make up for my lack of skill…

I’ve come to accept the fact that unfortunately there is nothing else, that I’m aware of, that is nearly as low volume in the heel and ankle area as the Zero G in this category. It seems there’s nothing coming out next year either.
    Backland XTD seems promising, same fit as Hawx supposedly. My skinny ankles like those for an inbounds boot.

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    Backland XTD seems promising, same fit as Hawx supposedly. My skinny ankles like those for an inbounds boot.
    Same fit as the Hawx Prime, not Ultra. So medium to higher volume fit unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    Backland XTD fits heels and insteps approx the same as Hawx Ultra but has a wider toebox

Interesting, you’ve been in it? That’s better than what they’ve been saying, which is that it’s based off the Prime last. Did you actually ski it or just try it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Backland XTD fits heels and insteps approx the same as Hawx Ultra but has a wider toebox

The first gen Skorpius is the closest I have been able to get. Its so much better than everything else I bought a backup pair when they announced the switch to boa. It is actually a pretty low volume boot with a very thin liner, so if you put an intuition or similar in there it will do well with a low volume foot. The Pierre Gignoux boots fit amazing but super expensive, super light, and have questionable tech fittings.

Interesting, you’ve been in it? That’s better than what they’ve been saying, which is that it’s based off the Prime last. Did you actually ski it or just try it on?
    I've skied both. 4 days in 26.5 Ultra XTD with Boa and 6 days in the 26.5 Backland XTD so far.

Elected to test the Backland...I feel the toebox/forefoot of Backland is roomier but the heel hold/instep felt the same as an Ultra last

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    The first gen Skorpius is the closest I have been able to get. Its so much better than everything else I bought a backup pair when they announced the switch to boa. It is actually a pretty low volume boot with a very thin liner, so if you put an intuition or similar in there it will do well with a low volume foot. The Pierre Gignoux boots fit amazing but super expensive, super light, and have questionable tech fittings.
    Definitely. La Sportiva just hooked me up with some parts for my frontline pair after I broke a cable hook on the forefoot; certainly a quicker fix than replacing the boa on F1LT’s….

I’m totally happy with them, two seasons in. With the spare pair I’ve got 6-8 years of good boots.
    Gravity always wins...

I’ve come to accept the fact that unfortunately there is nothing else, that I’m aware of, that is nearly as low volume in the heel and ankle area as the Zero G in this category. It seems there’s nothing coming out next year either. If you want to drop down in weight and and stiffness the Skorpius might work. It does seem to be pretty low volume.

I tried the Skorpius CR2, I think they blew it by switching to boa. Boa might work ok on a boot without a full shell (F1 LT or the MTN Summit) but it doesn’t seem to do hardly anything on a full shell boot like this. I have friends with the old version who really like the lower buckle, not sure why they got rid of it, they should have just fixed the tongue breakage issue but kept the buckle.

But the Skorpius is still a little less boot than I want. I need more boot to make up for my lack of skill…
    I have a hoji 130 and it fit really well right out of the box apart from one of the indents for the ankle being a touch too low. One quick heat punch to make that indent extend a slight bit higher and theyre amazing. Ski and walk like a champ and quick change overs. I can ski them on the hill with no problem as well with a tour wrap liner. Favourite boot by a long shot so far. Im looking for somethong lighter to compliment that boot. Its a high bar to reach before i get out of the hoji though
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I wonder if anyone just ditched the boa and bolted on a traditional buckle and ladder on the new skorpius

I've skied both. 4 days in 26.5 Ultra XTD with Boa and 6 days in the 26.5 Backland XTD so far.

Elected to test the Backland...I feel the toebox/forefoot of Backland is roomier but the heel hold/instep felt the same as an Ultra last
    How does the XTD compare to the Zero G Pro Tour in heel/ankle fit and performance?

How does the XTD compare to the Zero G Pro Tour in heel/ankle fit and performance?
    Wilcox. Do you mean the Backland or HawX?

Any chance you could expand on heel fit? I'm in an OG Ultra XTD w/ Pro Tours and tried a pair of Backland Pros recently. Felt super comfy but Backlands couldn't secure my heel with any tightening strategy.

Really want a better walking boot than the Ultra XTD, but at 1350g per boot (27.5) as currently configured it's not a weight pig, just a clunky walker.
    Last edited by doebedoe; 03-20-2023 at 09:32 AM.