Hunting for spring corn?

Tips to get spring corn? What weather patterns to look at to predict when and where the spring corn will be optimal?

Definitely not the most qualified on this topic, but I've done all my corn skiing during the freeze/thaw cycle you get in the spring. Look for a couple days in a row where there's a consistent freeze/thaw cycle. There's a window between frozen and slush where the snow gets to the perfect condition (pretty much right when the snow is starting to melt). Timing is really tough to gauge. Depends on temp. and sun. Typically the window gets earlier and earlier as the season goes on.

Forecast like this works. Saturday on south facing lee slopes the corn will arrive, Sunday/Monday most of the hill will corn.

Friday NightMostly clear, with a low around 9. North wind 9 to 13 mph.
    SaturdaySunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind around 7 mph.

Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind around 6 mph.
    SundaySunny, with a high near 48. West wind around 6 mph.

Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around 29. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
    MondaySunny, with a high near 52. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

What region are you in? That makes a difference.

But as others have said, about a week of clear skies and regular freeze/thaw makes for the best corn snow...somewhere. But to hit it right you also need to consider aspect and elevation. South facing aspects and lower elevations will turn to corn much earlier in the day than northern/western high elevations. Some aspects will never corn because they’re high elevation northwester aspects that never get the right sun.

For me, it’s less about hunting corn for its own sake versus skiing the line I want to ski in good condition. That helps focus on just a few variables instead of innumerable variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Forecast like this works. Saturday on south facing lee slopes the corn will arrive, Sunday/Monday most of the hill will corn.

Friday NightMostly clear, with a low around 9. North wind 9 to 13 mph.
    SaturdaySunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind around 7 mph.

Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind around 6 mph.
    SundaySunny, with a high near 48. West wind around 6 mph.

Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around 29. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
    MondaySunny, with a high near 52. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
    i hope you copy pasted that hahaha