Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Man I thought my 25 days was respectable but 100 days? Holy heck

Jeffery 108 - 14 days
    Deathwish tour - 2 inbounds, 7 backcountry
    Rocker2 108 - 2 days (early season rock skis)
    mfree 108 - 1 day (got them at the very end of the season)
    Protest - 0 days

97 days touring

Skinny to fat

Voile vector older heavy model - 15 days
    Blizzard 0G 95 Newer version - 10 days - sold part way through the season.
    Blizzard 0G 108 - 49 days
    Voile Charger - 15 days (mostly for when it’s deep but my legs are too tired to haul the comi’s around)
    Moment Comi - 8 days (the best days)

For me the biggest surprise was how often I was happy taking the 0G 108’s out in spring/firm conditions over the vectors and 0G 95s. Planning to replace the vectors and 108’s with the 0G 105’s to lighten things up a bit for next season and the 108’s are getting pretty thrashed.

I skied ur mom a bunch ...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I skied ur mom a bunch ...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    After she was snowboarded.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Skiied in order of most to least use:

Blizzard race room Slalom skiis

Bonafides and devastators

Dynastar GS

Renegades

Liberty twins super short for toddler skiing

Kye 120s

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Used, Most to least days:

Deathwish 184 w/ Demo Griffons:
    Got these at a ski swap early in the season for cheap, they are pretty banged up and I've still never vibed with a ski so quickly. All aboard the triple camber train for me.

DW tour 184 w/ATK FR14:
    Pretty soon after sorting out how much I loved the shape I found some touring equivalents to be my DD touring ski. Quite happy with that choice.

Blizzard 0G 95 178 w/MTN:
    Long walk ski, always impressed with it's skiability on any sort of consistent snow. Never got into great shape this season and was dealing with some hip issues so I reached for the light sticks more than I'd normally do.

J Skis Masterblaster w/STH:
    Got a Snow King pass for the first time, ripped a groomer or three before work pretty often. It was fun having a more directional ski for the first time in awhile, but for a full day of skiing around I prefer more playful things. Up for sale but in storage now.

Bibby 190 w/STH:
    Old and heavy, still the most versatile pow ski. Didn't come out as much as prior years sadly, but still many memorable days on ol reliable. Also fell out of a friends ski rack and only had some tip and tail chips, edges look fine. Durable as hell

Wildcat Tour 108-184w/ATK FR14: Replaced these with the DWT above. Never did me wrong but I just like the DW shape better. Never could find a great balance point in soft snow at speed. Couldn't ask for much more as a touring DD for a few seasons though. For sale

Wildcat tour 190 w/ Tecton:
    After not being able to ski these most of the season dealing with a very long warrenty saga (with Fritschi), snuck a few days later in the year on them, including two of the best tours of the season. While they are perfect in goldilocks conditions, I'm waiting to see how often I actually use them next year. If I actually use them as a lighter/tourable sidecountry ski and the occasional shorter tour in good snow ski then they can stay. I see myself using a more dedicated low angle pow touring ski with a light binding more (pescado, etc.)

Old (2014?) Bentchetlers:
    Now mounted with shitty dynafits for early season touring. Easy to ski, heavy, super floaty and I don't care if they get damaged. The perfect rock ski

Not used: Armada Bubba. I love these things, so easy, so fun, more versatile than they should be. While there were days this season they could've been justified (my bibbys are way forward mounted and stuggle in the truly deep untracked) I just never pulled the trigger those days. Long low rocker, massive waist (132mm!), a touch of camber and a fairly stiff pin tail. Just turn your ankles and let them do the rest. Am sad now

Resort boots: Cochise, Touring: 0G

Skied my one pair of skis: JJs
    Skied my one snowboard: Salomon

Y’all got some serious issues 😝

128 days. Didn't ski as many different skis this year as reps don't think they're job entails getting retailers out on their skis for testing purposes any more. Want me to buy skis for the shop? Stop sending me emails on the approaching deadlines, get off your ass and do your job you lazy fucks.
    Skis skied the most Stockli Laser AR, Black Crow Atris, Dynastar M-Free 108 and Black Crows Arto.
    Tested all the Dynastar, Stockli, Rossignol for 22/23 that would be relevant to our area.
    Tested some Salomon, Zag, Volkl.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Most to least

LP 105 192

Praxis Freeride 184

Supergoats

Rossi SL fis 165

BC skis

Praxis BC 190

Kusala

Whole mess of skis I did not ski that will be going up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

~30 days

with the lowtide jan-march I brought out the new 190 DW 104s most of the time.

Only got a day or two on 189 BGs before one popped off and hid in the trees

Picked up some 192 bent chetler 120s that got some action in April w/ all the pow dumps

A few tours on 189 BG108Ts, nothing to serious.

Hardly used my 187 ON3P Woodsman 108s, they do best w/ consistent soft snow which was not the story of the season.

All done on the atomic hawx ultra xtd 130s - but I picked up some ultra 130 s for inbounds next season.

Lots of groomers, not a lot of pow this year.

~ 50 days on Line Blades

~15 on Sakanas

~10 on Wren 98s

~5 Devastators

~3 Praxis BC

~3 Surface One Life

-1 Lotus 138

~1 Spats

~1 EHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I loved them....but I needed them to be longer than 178cm with their profile (so much tip/tail rocker). Replaced with a 184cm Volkl Revolt 121 for my fun pow ski, which will ski pretty short too at -3.8cm.

Sold the Blanks locally via FB marketplace which seems easier than the tax schmozzle selling on ebay now?? Seems ebay is taking tax off the seller proceeds and you don't get as much as you used to.
    You confirmed my suspicion that I wish the Blank was a 182. And eBay can suck it, too costly to sell expensive things now

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Lots of groomers, not a lot of pow this year.

~ 50 days on Line Blades

~15 on Sakanas

~10 on Wren 98s

~5 Devastators

~3 Praxis BC

~3 Surface One Life

-1 Lotus 138

~1 Spats

~1 EHP

Whoa… are the Blades really that versatile and/or awesome?

Definitely Blade curious still.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    bought an unmounted pair of Nunataqs (thanks, Harry!).
    Glad to hear you are enjoying them !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post

Like I said, tons of groomers this year. Plus I was coming off a big injury at the end of last season, so I took it pretty easy this year and spent a lot of time heart carving instead of trying to turn it up, and the Blades were perfect for that. And to be fair, a lot of those days were spent banging out a free lap or two before and after standing on the side of the hill at race training.

But the more I took other skis out on groomer days, the more I wished I was on the Blade. I didn’t think I’d ski them as much as I did, but for days that are like 70/30 groomers vs woods/bumps/park, they were my choice. They’re weirdly addictive.

How much of your quiver have you skied in 20/21?

Blades are fun. Easy to ski (carve or slarve) and they do make mellow groomers way funner.

But I think you need a Blade “posse” as you want to ski different, in different areas than people who are not on Blades.

If everyone I skied with had Blades I would have kept mine.

But we would do one chill groomer, and the Blades would be awesome, but then we’d spend the rest of the day lapping Peak chair or in Fraggle trees or hiking Spanky’s and I wished was on something else. We just never ski groomer all day at WB.

Would have been a great Dad ski for when my kids were young and I skiied smaller mountains. Would be fun ripping the natural half-pipe on chair 5 at Baker. But on a bigger mtn, where you get into the high alpine steeps, it’s not ideal all the time.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 06-08-2022 at 10:22 PM.

About ~ 30 days (*estimates include switch outs during the day)

20 days Piste Jib
    10 days Q
    3 days Concept
    2 days Protest

The Piste Jib is an awesome do everything ski, concepts are my 6 inches on grass pow ski. Q's I travelled with and do great with snow in the forecast. Protests were for some deep east coast trees, I loved them but they wrecked by knees.

Still mulling over a skinny Q. I think that would do really well some on the lower accumulation pow days, my Qs are badass but with the heavy core, you definitely notice them by the afternoon.

Glad y'all resurrected this thread!

Skied this season:

184 4FRNT Devastator w/ FKS 155 ~20 days. New to me this year, fantastic ski. If I had to go down to one ski, this would be it.

193 K2 MB 116c w/ FKS 155 x Cast ~7 days

186 4FRNT Renegade w/ FKS 155 x Cast ~4 days

195 Armada JJ 2.0 w/ PX14 -2 memorable powder days.

177 Dynastar Mythic 97 w/ OG Tour Lites ~4 days. Really like this ski.

184 Armada Declivity w/ kingpins -2 days, just got these in May, wanted a spring BC charger and these are it. Really cool ski.

184 Dynastar Cham High Mountain 107 w/ Verticals -4 days, this ski floats like a 117, so fun.

207 K2 Extreme w/ Solly plastic fantastic -1 day

Didn't ski:

183 Rossignol Axiom DP110 w/ 4FRNT deadbolt demo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post

Get them - Blades are insanely fun in anything that isn’t too deep. I got them mid season in Utah and definitely skied them more than any other ski for the remainder of the year.

People here have said they don’t like them on steeps, but at solitude I would lap Milk / PH rope line and Headwall on them when it was chalky - they were awesome. I found I could ski faster in tight and steep trees…I think because I knew if I got in trouble I could arc a 2m radius turn and be out of trouble.

Corn skiing they were unbelievably fun on any steepness. Can arc turns then break the tail free so easily because of the rockered tail. If fantasy ridge ever corned up I’d bring them up there…and if it gets chalky up there next season I’ll probably bring the blades up, slaloming the smooth chalk in the aprons going 40 would be awesome.

And obviously on groomers they absolutely rip. I call them slalom skis with training wheels.

And fwiw I got them silly short - 169 - I love being able to flick them around. The only time I wished they were longer was when the corn was like 6” deep on PH cirque because I felt like I might dive the tip, but that’s the rarest of conditions.

Bonafides 0
    Deviation Mode 0 and retired to wall art
    Woodsman 116 .5 and sold
    Dynastar M Pro 90 3
    Dynastar M Free 108 Dozens
    "Let's be careful out there."

185 DPS Cassair 95s - daily driver/groomer ski so probably 30+ of days on these, especially skiing with my kid. I appreciate the traditional shape for groomers but will likely replace these next year with something different.

188 Moment PB&Js - old, kinda beat skis that I remounted with some Pivots, I used these as a spring bump/soft snow ski for mayb 5 days. Still light, poppy and fun after 7+ seasons.

190 Moment Wildcat Tour 108 - new touring set I got this year mounted with Shifts. Only did about 15 days on them but it's proving to be a ideal touring set up for around here. Nice combo of weight and stability so this also became my resort pow ski.

184 Salomon Rocker 122s: another kinda beat, old ski that used to get more days but I didn't touch them this year. I'm starting to think 122 width is too much for Vermont. These might be wall art soon.

188 Moment Commander 108, 30 days
    189 Billy Goats asym, 20 days
    190 Wildcat 108, 5 days
    188 Rustler 9, 4 days
    192 Cochise 106, 1 day

Nice sounding quiver TenB. Skied, in no particular order:

188 Commander 108
    191 Mantra 102 (sold)
    192 Cochise 106
    191 Katana 108
    192 Declivity X (sold)
    188 Commander 118
    192 Woodsman 110 (sold)
    193 Confession
    189 Bonafide 97
    191 Kore 111

Didn't ski:

Squad (end of season purchase)

80 days; learned a ton about ski design, if the addiction did get out of hand. Plan is to get down to 3 or 4 resort skis and a touring ski (or two). See what happens. Good season.