Shot in the Dark - Who makes alpine boots for a size 18 wide foot?

Our local adaptive sports program has an athlete who, because of medical issues, has some huge - like size 18 and wiiiiide - feet

Anybody know who makes alpine shells that big? All I'm seeing are up to like size 15.

TIA

I'd be very surprised if any company invested in the mold for that size. It would not be like they would sell even a quantity large enough to justify a run let alone the injection mold for a less than 1% of the population let alone the skiing population...

Tried Daleboot?

salomon use to make some boots up to size 32. that was the biggest I ever so on an order sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Tried Daleboot?
    Or Strolz?

Take the 15 and blow the hell out of it to get close to an 18?? Can't imagine it would actually become 18 sized, but maybe 17+ is enough.
    [quote][//quote]

A few years ago Salomon offered the X Pro 100 in a 34.5. They didn't offer a wide last.

I think the biggest they go in the S/Pro 100 is 32.5 (same with the Atomic Hawx Prime 100/120, 32.5 is the max). Again, "average" last 100mm boots, not wide.

I do believe Dalbello has some rental 34’s, but that’s not really going to help.
    Thrombosis?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Strolz does offer a boot that will accommodate an 18.

What is the actual length of the foot in cm? Don't give a US shoe size. Start there.

I knew this place would deliver.
    Thanks for the referrals to Daleboot and Strolz.
    Daleboot has a local dealer here in Bend which makes it easy

The kid was able to ski standing up last year when we could stuff him into some packed out 34cm rentals. Sadly his foot is now way too big (both length and width) for that so we have him sitting in a bi-ski.

Everyone would like him to be standing up again. His grandparents seem to have money and want to help him, so that's a positive. These ain't gonna be cheap and I have no idea what his foot is gonna look like in a couple of years

We estimated the size 18 (in Freedom Units) foot via ocular estimate of his heavily modified hiking boot. First step was understanding whether there were even options available. Will let the bootfitter work with him in cms

I haven't asked about the disease, just sort of take the situation as it is, today, and try to figure out a solution.

Thanks again for the insights.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    We estimated the size 18 (in Freedom Units) foot via ocular estimate of his heavily modified hiking boot. First step was understanding whether there were even options available.
    This gives you a very accurate idea of what Mondopoint size is appropriate (their estimate is for an experienced skier), you will need an iPhone 8 or newer, a clear space on the floor and a sheet of printer paper:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ot-Scanner-App

Android version is unfortunately not available at the moment.

I knew this place would deliver.
    Thanks for the referrals to Daleboot and Strolz.
    Daleboot has a local dealer here in Bend which makes it easy

The kid was able to ski standing up last year when we could stuff him into some packed out 34cm rentals. Sadly his foot is now way too big (both length and width) for that so we have him sitting in a bi-ski.

Everyone would like him to be standing up again. His grandparents seem to have money and want to help him, so that's a positive. These ain't gonna be cheap and I have no idea what his foot is gonna look like in a couple of years

We estimated the size 18 (in Freedom Units) foot via ocular estimate of his heavily modified hiking boot. First step was understanding whether there were even options available. Will let the bootfitter work with him in cms

I haven't asked about the disease, just sort of take the situation as it is, today, and try to figure out a solution.

Thanks again for the insights.
    Just an FYI for future reference: ski boots are sized in mondopoint sizing and mondopoint sizing = the cm length of your foot (26cm foot = 26 mondopoint boot). Like all sizing charts/measurement devices, it's just a starting point but it will more accurately point you in the right direction.

^^^No shit?

GregL - thanks for the foot scanning resource. Will pass that along...

GregL - thanks for the foot scanning resource. Will pass that along...
    FWIW, the Verifyt scanner tends to read about 5-9mm shorter than putting your foot on a standard Brannock device, and about 3-7mm shorter than just putting your foot against a desk or wall and measuring the distance with a ruler.

We have a Head Advant Edge 125 in 34 at the store.

skiwest.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk