Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Personally I don’t like ON whey, it’s full of sugar, flavoring, etc, it’s not healthy imo..
    It only has whatever flavorings are needed to get whatever flavor you want (for example cocoa is in the chocolate flavors) and there is no added sugar. If you're extremely lactose intolerant then consider going for some higher-priced stuff but there's no appreciable difference between any different brands of whey protein. Try to keep in mind that whey protein, all brands and types, is an industrial waste product that someone figured out they could charge a bunch of money for after ultra-processing it.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    It only has whatever flavorings are needed to get whatever flavor you want (for example cocoa is in the chocolate flavors) and there is no added sugar. If you're extremely lactose intolerant then consider going for some higher-priced stuff but there's no appreciable difference between any different brands of whey protein. Try to keep in mind that whey protein, all brands and types, is an industrial waste product that someone figured out they could charge a bunch of money for after ultra-processing it.
    Thereís more flavoring than just cocoa, including artificial flavors. I meant to say fake sugar, not sugar, which includes acesulfame and sucralose. Everyone has different tolerances but I stay away from the artificial flavors and sugars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thereís more flavoring than just cocoa, including artificial flavors. I meant to say fake sugar, not sugar, which includes acesulfame and sucralose. Everyone has different tolerances but I stay away from the artificial flavors and sugars
    Just ran into this with the Orgain Organic protein powder at Costco. Relied on the organic label and didnít read the fine print that it contained erythritol. Tried it once and the aftertaste was awful. Decided to add more eggs to get protein instead. Tastes better, we will see how it works.

There’s more flavoring than just cocoa, including artificial flavors. I meant to say fake sugar, not sugar, which includes acesulfame and sucralose. Everyone has different tolerances but I stay away from the artificial flavors and sugars
    I know the general concern over "artificial flavoring" is that it can be anything, but is there any one you're specifically concerned with?

FYI "grass fed" includes cornstalks sprayed with atrazine, fortunately most of the fat is stripped away from whey protein and so there's not much difference there.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I know the general concern over "artificial flavoring" is that it can be anything, but is there any one you're specifically concerned with?

FYI "grass fed" includes cornstalks sprayed with atrazine, fortunately most of the fat is stripped away from whey protein and so there's not much difference there.
    Thatís the thing, we donít know what it is, could be fine, could be bad. But in general I try and stay away from ďfoodĒ made in a lab.

Didnít know that, thatís unfortunate but doesnít shock me. Do I think grass fed is perfect? No, but I think itís better than grain fed. Yeah I realize that nutritionally it probably doesnít make much of a difference for whey since thereís no fat but I think itís the right way to do things. My theory with food is, real ingredients with farming and raising animals done as close to their natural ways as possible. Details are bonus and theyíre always changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where/how to get a Dexa Scan in the Boulder area? I thought it'd be a lot easier to find information and locations, but I can't find shit online.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Does anyone know where/how to get a Dexa Scan in the Boulder area? I thought it'd be a lot easier to find information and locations, but I can't find shit online.
    Scanners are quite expensive, so you'll likely only find them at major hospitals and not clinics / nutrition services.

BCH has a scanner. I'd call and see what their self-pay rates are and confirm that they'll report Fat Mass and Fat Free Mass, in addition to bone density scores.

DTM, you should just crowd source it. Post some more shirtless pictures and we'll all weigh in on your lean body mass percentage.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Wait, what?

Hahaha... Wrong callout! For some reason I saw your username instead of smmokan's. Maybe that would also be good, though?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I do happen to have free access to an InBody scanner (impedence based, but a nice one). Around this time last I did one and it said 12.9%. The margin of error is probably +/- 3-5%, though.

Does the dexa website has a list of locations? I feel like i've tried looking that up before. Although I suppose that might not include every place.

Anyway I've been having a decent winter of training I guess. The lack of snow but short days, crappy roads, and cold has given me a lot of opportunity to get on zwift and do workouts. Funny how when you keep doing them power goes up. Pretty good numbers on the last 5x5 and 2x20 workouts I did. Looking last year around this time I was 20w lower on a vo2 workout and I had a pretty good season last year.

I really tend to slack off with the workouts when I can start riding a bunch of miles outside though.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You'd have to leave the bubble - it's at Colorado & I-25 - but it's only $80 and I was able to get in fairly quickly the one time I did it.

https://www.bodyfatusa.com
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com