Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuck Homeopathy

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So you still misread the study. It’s not 1.5% per DAY

If it were, to get a 90% decrease in covid would take only 153 days.
    It’s called exponential decay. Maffs is hard.
    You are still misreading the math. It's the rate that is changing by 1.5% per day. So the growth rate would fall by 90% pretty quick, but (in theory, if the number held up at that point, which it won't because: humans) the growth rate would still be positive at that point, just 10% of where it started out.

Tip for the maffs: when you see "rate" think calculus or differential equations. Even just a vague memory might at least keep you out of the ditch.

RE: Chiros, yeah a lot of them want to put you on a regular maintenance program. Mine is a, "come in when you think you need my help" kinda guy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I don't even really know what osteopathy is. it's something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE: Chiros, yeah a lot of them want to put you on a regular maintenance program. Mine is a, "come in when you think you need my help" kinda guy.
    don't get me wrong - there are some good chiros out there. I'm good friends with one. Sounds like you found one yourself.

I could use a visit to a good chiro, my orthopedic guy even kinda recommended it, for this one vertebrae that is tweaked out of alignment. No clue how to find a good one though. Just looking at their sites and shit is worthless.

Doood. have you been rolfed? Orthobionomy is pretty much a positional release system used in osteopathy. If you haven't had sessions in those two things, you really, really should. Sum total: if your muscles are relaxed and lay as they were intended by design, the bones fall in line. I'm a big believer in that.

I know a guy named Rolf. But I have never been Rolfed. I'm so fucking tweaked and twisted from all the injuries and shit it's ridiculous.

I visit a PT that does trigger point needle stabs, dude is great. Back and neck have never felt better than after a visit to that guy.

I buy a 500 pack of acupuncture needles every few months. I use them on trigger points in places I can reach (arm, mostly). It spasms the muscle, which then relaxes. Feels good for a few days.
    Occasionally, other people let me tap their muscles knots, and occasionally it works well.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Vaccines are basically homeopathic, so everyone who believes in homeopathic medicine is getting a COVID vaccine, right? Right?

No vaccines aren't basically homeopathy. Homeopathy is bullshit. Vaccines are not bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I don't even really know what osteopathy is. it's something, right?
    Osteopaths are MDs that couldn’t get into med school, so they get a DO instead. But they end up with the same rights and privileges.
    My uncle was one.
    Made a shit ton of money as a plastic surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I could use a visit to a good chiro, my orthopedic guy even kinda recommended it, for this one vertebrae that is tweaked out of alignment. No clue how to find a good one though. Just looking at their sites and shit is worthless.
    My MD dad hated chiro.
    I was in a biz network group, met a nice chiro. He tried poking me with a stimulator. Worthless
    I asked about the “crack”
    He then used a drop table. That cracked my neck. And felt good. I need to go back. A good chiro can be as good as a massage. Or better.
    . . .

Fuck Homeopathy

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Doood. have you been rolfed? Orthobionomy is pretty much a positional release system used in osteopathy. If you haven't had sessions in those two things, you really, really should. Sum total: if your muscles are relaxed and lay as they were intended by design, the bones fall in line. I'm a big believer in that.
    +1, felt a lot of relief after being Rolfed

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just stay away from the Western diet, or at least in moderation. You will be fine unless you got screwed in the gene pool. Then Western meds FTW!
    I'm in this picture and I don't like it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.