Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I've had a Kermit chair since 1999 or so. Bought it from Kermit himself before he sold the company. The new ones seem to be pretty faithful to his design. Everyone makes fun of how nice it is and how expensive it is...until they sit in it. Probably 15 friends have bought them after trying mine out.
    Great chairs, but unobtainium.

I've got a home depot $10 special with a broken leg, but it still works!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Damn those look nice, and out of stock. Do they usually sell fast?
    20 years ago Kermit would sell as many as he could make. I assume the niche market is still pretty strong.

The only downside is the lack of drink holder. That i don't understand. Other than that these are perfect. Only camp chair i've actually dozed off in. Super comfortable.

Dogs love it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've got a home depot $10 special with a broken leg, but it still works!
    Yeah me too, I’ve got a ton of shitty old camp chairs that barely work, most have been found left around a campfire. I’m looking to up my game here, something that I can spend some time in and not have my legs fall asleep. Or fall over when I’m getting up for a beer.
    I also have some nice Helinox chairs but those are fitting the bill either.

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

I carry a couple of these around in my truck.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615388646.532407.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	366705

Not fucking around with silly camp chairs.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I got a two pack of these bad boys on ebay for like 50 bucks. Too clunky for backpacking you say? Well the chair IS a backpack. But where will I fit my food and drinks you ask? Maybe try the integrated cooler pouch also known as "the coolest spot in paradise." Can't decide between sitting up tall and sipping artisanal coffee before your dawn patrol or blacking out by the campfire and not moving all day? Well let one of the four different reclining positions accommodate wherever the day takes you. If you even have to ask if this chair has cupholders it's clearly not the chair for you. The biggest downside is the pattern may clash with your hawaiian shirt, but that's why you should have multiple hawaiian shirts

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.08.31 AM.png
Views: 255
Size:  542.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I have a pair of those Costco specials too. Great chairs, I went with the pineapple colorway.

Not to mention TOMMY BAHAMA! According to the American Dental Association, 9 out of 10 dentists recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    20 years ago Kermit would sell as many as he could make. I assume the niche market is still pretty strong.
    There is a hot used market for them on ADVrider.com. Kermit chairs are a must-have camping accessory for the BMW motorcycle crowd, especially vintage airheads.
    They can be hard to find, but I got one direct for my brother for Christmas, so...

+1 on the kelty loveseat - I have the high version and it goes everywhere with me.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I'm thinking of taking one of these on a PCT through hike. If I get tired, I can just sit down! I might also bring a car door. If I get hot, I can just roll down the window.
    Where I live you see those sticking out of the back of soft top jeeps all the time. Or even better hanging on a hitch bike rack which is really just a chair rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I got a two pack of these bad boys on ebay for like 50 bucks. Too clunky for backpacking you say? Well the chair IS a backpack. But where will I fit my food and drinks you ask? Maybe try the integrated cooler pouch also known as "the coolest spot in paradise." Can't decide between sitting up tall and sipping artisanal coffee before your dawn patrol or blacking out by the campfire and not moving all day? Well let one of the four different reclining positions accommodate wherever the day takes you. If you even have to ask if this chair has cupholders it's clearly not the chair for you. The biggest downside is the pattern may clash with your hawaiian shirt, but that's why you should have multiple hawaiian shirts

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.08.31 AM.png
Views: 255
Size:  542.7 KB
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

If you're carrying the chair at all or dealing with limited storage space, I'd highly recommend the Big Agnes or Helinox chairs. They're expensive, but they're compact, comfortable, and well-built. They don't have cup holders, though. If space is not an issue, I think a fold-in-half beach chair design is probably easier to deal with and will include the requisite drink holder... I have Big Agnes and Helinox chairs in my van and sometimes just end up sitting on the rear step to avoid assembling the chairs. I'd imagine I'd use a camp chair more since there's no assembly required.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I'm thinking of taking one of these on a PCT through hike. If I get tired, I can just sit down! I might also bring a car door. If I get hot, I can just roll down the window.
    Where I live you see those sticking out of the back of soft top jeeps all the time. Or even better hanging on a hitch bike rack which is really just a chair rack.
    Don't forget the battery powered Margaritaville machine in case you get thirsty (I made the mistake of buying the corded version so now I have to backpack with a portable generator )
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

such a rookie move! just bring an extension cord!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Don't forget the battery powered Margaritaville machine in case you get thirsty (I made the mistake of buying the corded version so now I have to backpack with a portable generator )
    I <heart> hot tele-moms