Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It is harder to find a twin tip with a truly large radius. I recently got on some lotus 120 spoons (32m, down from 40m of the OG Lotus120), and they are exactly what you describe as long as you don't mind skiing forwards. Light enough to tour, stiff enough to handle chop and not hooky at all. The megawatts are a poor mans lotus, I had blue megawatts (42m) and they were also awesome but much heavier and with a much lower speed limit. My cease and desist have have a 33m radius and a little more tail rise but are still a directional ski. I have a tougher time working them around even though they are quite a bit softer than the lotus.

4FRNT Renegade
    QST 118

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    It is harder to find a twin tip with a truly large radius...
    This is a pet peeve of mine. Itís not like Iím taking them in the park or anything, but screw-around 180s and the like are my jam. Just canít bring myself to buy a truly directional ski again.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    It’s not like I’m taking them in the park or anything, but screw-around 180s and the like are my jam.
    I believe they call that ski ballet.
    Relentlessly pursuing beauty in an irredeemably ugly world.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Itís not like Iím taking them in the park or anything, but screw-around 180s and the like are my jam. Just canít bring myself to buy a truly directional ski again.
    Mfree118 has a 25m radius

WC?
    Meant Wildcat/Bibby.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

If you tour the vwerks katanas are really good, not only in powder, but hardpacj and ice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Commander 124 has 31@184 and 32@194

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I believe they call that ski ballet.
    Exactly.

Probably just repeating someone here, but here-here to long radius skis - very versatile in soft snow, although much much less so on hard snow (especially if paired with no or reverse camber)
    The 4frnt hoji line are all long, and 4fnrt inthayne is a 25m twin tip. The orig hoji EHP is 40m and great is so many conditions other than true hardpack... then you really need to be on both of them to make sure they both come around
    But again, overriding point is that longer allows more user input since you can still ski em pretty tight if you drive them that way, vs a short radius ski which is always pulling you into the next turn once the edge engages

Just to echo what others have said. I'll hardly consider a ski with a radius that's < 20m for 3d snow. Mid 20's is very versatile IME. There are other factors too (camber, flex, mount point, boots, skill, etc.).

Just to throw some touring skis out there Blizzard Zero G, Volkl BMT and Fischer Hannibal all come in at 20+ in the longer lengths. Pretty sure Voile offers some pow skis with larger radii too. Glad to see 4FRNT, Down etc. offering skis with longer radii.

Most people buy more ski than they need so the manufactures cater to them by making big skis easier to ski on inbounds intermediate terrain? Thats my hunch regarding Volkl's 3d sidecuts etc. and many of the current offerings from the big ski brands.

Turning is overrated anyways. See first 20 sec...

Quote Originally Posted by Orthoski View Post
    Meant Wildcat/Bibby.
    This is the way.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is the way.
    How does the camber affect those skis? There seems to be quite a bit. I'm more inclined to go rocker/flat/rocker or subtle full rocker based on my personal experience, but I've heard so many people rave about the Wildcats/Bibbys I feel like I owe them a shot.