Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    43

    selling a full Ikon pass

    Wondering if anyone is interested in buying the remainder of my full Ikonpass. Used all 7 days at Alta but has 7 days left on all the other mountains. I'm having a kid any day and can't use it rest of season. No idea what the value would be to someone but could save a ton vs 7 days bought somewhere.

    I haven't this posted anywhere and I know they don't allow it, but it works super easy between guys and especially with face coverings. My brothers and I have used each others with no problem. The picture on it has a beard and sunglasses so could basically be anyone. Seems like an easy way to help two dudes out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,702
    Delete your post and take some much needed parenting classes. Maybe get your GED while you are at it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,314
    I’ll open the bidding at $37 delivered.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’ll open the bidding at $37 delivered.
    You're willing to pay $37 for garbage?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,789
    Ima offer 'bout tree-fiddy.
    Last edited by skaredshtles; 03-04-2021 at 04:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,954
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    947
    Wow.... just offering blatant theft of service on the board!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    43
    haha I figured I'd get some shit for offering it up. I like dirtbag skiers best and not the rich crowd that the mountains cater to. Plus helping two skiers out seems better than letting the days go wasted. I thought everyone hated Ikon anyways. ski fast and eat ass

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    511
    Ski resorts aren’t having a great year, so it might be a good call for people to pay for use. At most resorts, a pass holder turning up means a ticket they cannot sell.

    Also the “Robin Hood” vibe doesn’t work when you’re trying to sell the pass. I don’t think you should give it away either. You bought it. You’ve used it illegally. Just let it go.

    Going forward do better. Having a kid is a good time to step up.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    haha I figured I'd get some shit for offering it up. I like dirtbag skiers best and not the rich crowd that the mountains cater to. Plus helping two skiers out seems better than letting the days go wasted. I thought everyone hated Ikon anyways. ski fast and eat ass

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    haha I figured I'd get some shit for offering it up. I like dirtbag skiers best and not the rich crowd that the mountains cater to. Plus helping two skiers out seems better than letting the days go wasted. I thought everyone hated Ikon anyways. ski fast and eat ass
    i'm not gonna dox you on the board, but maybe take a hint and quit being sofaking dumb?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    43
    Alright guys it will die with me. Figured some hard up skier could use a hook up. You guys never bought and clipped lift tickets in the parking lot? I'll definitely be teaching my kid that trick. By the time he's buying his own tickets, window rates will be $700.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    579
    It’s open season now.........this is gonna get interesting



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,702
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/crime...ki-pass-fraud/

    My next door neighbor called me the other day. Nice kid from Chile, works at the ski and snowboard club.

    "Apparently" he had a friend from Spain come visit and lent him a shell but "forgot" one of his passes was in the pocket (He has a work and a regular epic pass). Friend decides to go skiing, gets arrested, neighbor loses job and pass. Adios.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Ski resorts aren’t having a great year, so it might be a good call for people to pay for use. At most resorts, a pass holder turning up means a ticket they cannot sell.

    Also the “Robin Hood” vibe doesn’t work when you’re trying to sell the pass. I don’t think you should give it away either. You bought it. You’ve used it illegally. Just let it go.

    Going forward do better. Having a kid is a good time to step up.
    A lot of ski resorts are doing just fine.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Chlamydia Cascade
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Ski resorts aren’t having a great year, so it might be a good call for people to pay for use. At most resorts, a pass holder turning up means a ticket they cannot sell.

    Also the “Robin Hood” vibe doesn’t work when you’re trying to sell the pass. I don’t think you should give it away either. You bought it. You’ve used it illegally. Just let it go.

    Going forward do better. Having a kid is a good time to step up.
    Step up man. You're about to put alterra underwater because of your pass-sharing antics.
    Have some respect for Alterra Co's hard working ceos and executives

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    Alright guys it will die with me. Figured some hard up skier could use a hook up. You guys never bought and clipped lift tickets in the parking lot? I'll definitely be teaching my kid that trick. By the time he's buying his own tickets, window rates will be $700.
    So you're going to teach your kid to steal.

    Nice.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,438
    "I learned it by watching you!" lol

    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    947
    OMG that commercial was burned in my brain during childhood. Also the “ this is your brain on drugs” with the fried eggs.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawn Peel View Post
    You're willing to pay $37 for garbage?
    Are you kidding? No way.

    I'll just tell him I never got it and ask him to pay me back plus a pro-deal on some new gear. That's the TGR way, apparently.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Are you kidding? No way.

    I'll just tell him I never got it and ask him to pay me back plus a pro-deal on some new gear. That's the TGR way, apparently.
    Awww shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    You guys never bought and clipped lift tickets in the parking lot? I'll definitely be teaching my kid that trick. By the time he's buying his own tickets, window rates will be $700.
    Classy. The only snow by the time he's buying his own lift tickets will be over 5k' so it won't be cheap. Now this may be out there, but I also predict there will be a state of the art ticketing/pass system that no longer requires a printed ticket and fastener thus negating ability to clip and switch.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    haha I figured I'd get some shit for offering it up. I like dirtbag skiers best and not the rich crowd that the mountains cater to. Plus helping two skiers out seems better than letting the days go wasted. I thought everyone hated Ikon anyways. ski fast and eat ass
    Skiing's only for those who can afford it. How else are we gonna keep the poors out?

    No dirtbags around here, we stan for papa alterra.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    579
    No offers for pork?!? Bacon or gabagool......


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Ski resorts aren’t having a great year, so it might be a good call for people to pay for use. At most resorts, a pass holder turning up means a ticket they cannot sell.
    Is there some real evidence of this?
    This isn't the first place I've heard that line, or that line of thinking - but I just don't buy it.

    I'm sure it might be different, different places - but the place I have experience with, I'd guess that they're having one of their most profitable years in the last 5. [At least if we consider lift-lines and parking lot fill on any average day so far this year. And considering they are doing "dynamic" ticket pricing that's charging - $130 for a ticket that last year would have been $100 at best.]

    This isn't a call-out - I'm honestly interested in some real data backed up by something other than "I think." (Or even the "I'd guess" of my opinion - even though that has some solid first-hand long-term observation in it.)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    12,785
    I wonder how many cheaters have been caught in covid times.

    Mask up, helmet, goggles. Can you really tell anything other than height and maybe hair color?

    I know lifties love being bounty hunters. But this is a tough year.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

    “I got the degree of Stamp-licker from the Bezuzus Mail-order University”
    Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Is there some real evidence of this?
    This isn't the first place I've heard that line, or that line of thinking - but I just don't buy it.


    I'm sure it might be different, different places - but the place I have experience with, I'd guess that they're having one of their most profitable years in the last 5. [At least if we consider lift-lines and parking lot fill on any average day so far this year. And considering they are doing "dynamic" ticket pricing that's charging - $130 for a ticket that last year would have been $100 at best.]

    This isn't a call-out - I'm honestly interested in some real data backed up by something other than "I think." (Or even the "I'd guess" of my opinion - even though that has some solid first-hand long-term observation in it.)
    Real estate in resort towns is fucking insane currently so any resort that has that is making a killing. My local mountain is doing just fine this year, with record pass sales. Their main problem is finding employees.

    The little bump I grew up skiing in Wisconsin is having a record year, they sell out every Friday through Sunday and are expanding terrain and installing 2 new lifts.... 300 vert.

    I am sure there are some places that are struggling but I struggle to think that is the norm this season.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •