Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I got pulled out of line this year using my own pass. Liftie said "hey, come here, we might have a problem". "you look a lot younger than the passholder". It was my pass so I asked how old they thought I was and what did the scanner say. 101 but I gladly don't look that old yet. They had a glitch and my birthday was correct but the year had been entered as 1920. It was my pic on the scanner so they let me up and I had to call to get the year corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    OFFTOPIC

I wonder if the resorts are able to get their usual number of J1 staffers this year due to COVID? I guess the trouble isn't getting into the US...
    Anecdotally, the J1 numbers are very low. Around here, SkiCo saw a huge amount of applicants from younger/college kids and filled their ranks. I have yet to see any of the regular J1's around.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/loca...ring-pandemic/

A federal restriction on J-1 and H2-B visas for foreign workers hasn’t proven to put Skico in a bind. President Donald Trump eliminated the programs, but a California court recently overturned the decision. Sample says it is mainly a moot point. Many countries have travel restrictions that prohibit workers from coming for the winter anyway because of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by mtneerski View Post
    Wondering if anyone is interested in buying the remainder of my full Ikonpass. Used all 7 days at Alta but has 7 days left on all the other mountains. I'm having a kid any day and can't use it rest of season. No idea what the value would be to someone but could save a ton vs 7 days bought somewhere.

I haven't this posted anywhere and I know they don't allow it, but it works super easy between guys and especially with face coverings. My brothers and I have used each others with no problem. The picture on it has a beard and sunglasses so could basically be anyone. Seems like an easy way to help two dudes out.

I can't stand people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    I can't stand people like you.
    vail exec huh? Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    vail exec huh? Sorry man.

Nah, against the IKON pass as a whole. I don't know about other resorts but Alta has been a nightmare with lines and canyon traffic due to this pass.

If someone wants to run the risk of the pass getting yanked and possibly getting fined thats on them.

Should have been more clear.

Sale pending if the OP happens to have two teardrops tattooed below the right eye?

When you are talking about clipping tickets. I assume that you are saying buying/selling tickets from people that are leaving early on day tikcets or have days left on multiday tickets.
    Or are you talking about cutting tickets off people's jackets in the Tram line? then selling them in the parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by nord View Post
    When you are talking about clipping tickets. I assume that you are saying buying/selling tickets from people that are leaving early on day tikcets or have days left on multiday tickets.
    Or are you talking about cutting tickets off people's jackets in the Tram line? then selling them in the parking lot?
    First one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Asking because I heard stories about stealing tickets (cutting them off tourist coats) in the Snowbird tram line.
    Might be BS.
    Old stories from the 1980s.
    Last edited by nord; 03-14-2021 at 09:14 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    OFFTOPIC

I wonder if the resorts are able to get their usual number of J1 staffers this year due to COVID? I guess the trouble isn't getting into the US...
    J1s tough this year, local hill had to scramble big time for lifties. Typically get a ton of J1 from Chile and Argentina.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

IIRC, there were a grand total of 0 J1’s this year.
    Anyone else know?
    There certainly were less than zero here in JH.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident