Interesting Article on Warren Miller

Maybe this should be in the books forum but, since it's Warren, hey....

Seems like his carefree, ski-bum life wasn't so rosy. Kind of a dark side. There's a new documentary on Discovery+ that shows a darker side. In this article, there's a couple of items that were sad for him. It would interesting to watch the doc.

https://www.outsideonline.com/242136...ry-plus-review
    Last edited by GoldMember; 03-04-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Watch Ski Bum. It was on Amazon Prime when I saw it.

^^ Yeah, that's the name of it. I just saw the Outside article.

There is an autobiography out there, I didn't read it.

Working my way through his Autobiography; super insightful into his life both in his triumphs and his failures. Worth the read to any WM fan!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Working my way through his Autobiography; super insightful into his life both in his triumphs and his failures. Worth the read to any WM fan!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    +1. Its a great read.

Was it just me or was that link for something else entirely? This is where I found it:

"Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Was it just me or was that link for something else entirely? This is where I found it:

Hmm..you're right, it was something on climate change. Edited to correct the link. Not sure how that happened.

+1 on the book and the movie both. He was a fascinating guy for sure

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Suzy Chapstick was quite the hotty

I watched the Doc, it was pretty good. I quite enjoyed it. I thought the cameo by Mark Hubbard (RIP) was kind of interesting but also super weird. I guess they are both from Orca's island.

I find it interesting and weird because i started following this IG account by accident from this Orca's local who seems very bi-polar and is convinced of a number of conspiracy theories around the deaths of Preston Mageiter, Mark Hubbard, Jake Phelps, Jeff Grosso and Warren Miller. This person has multiple IG accounts and i stumbled on one of them called JakePhelpsGhost and went down the rabbit hole from there. This lady who created these accounts spends a lot of time villifying Circe Wallace and claiming Circe is some kind of witch that is in control of the entire action sports industry. It is truly weird. So I'm going down this rabbit hole of IG accounts and crazyness for about 6 mo (just following the various accounts and checking stories etc). And then I watched Ski Bum and saw Miller's connection to Mark Hubbard, and Grindline skate parks and the park they built on Orca's. I was like "What in the Actual Fcuk!!??" Creepy and fucking super weird, but seems to be not too off-par for a small island community in the PNW.

Anyway, pretty good doc, but yeah, definately some darkness in Warren Millers life!
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The Moebius Trip...That was kind of freaky!

there was some pretty good acid going around in 69

His latest autobiography discussed the good with the bad. He traveled alot and lost wives to health, distance, and infidelity. His family was a bunch of stealing bums. I was just enamored that these guys could shoot ducks out of a moving car, then hunt rabbit in the Sun Valley lot without any trouble. This outside article isn't the first to shine a light on WM's dark truths.

He's owned all his personal failures many times over in various books and interviews. Who would think if you're a workaholic gone 6-9 months a year your wife and kids might resent you.

My understanding, Warren Millers, last interview, was in The Ski Journal.

https://www.theskijournal.com/produc...four-issue-two

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    He's owned all his personal failures many times over in various books and interviews. Who would think if you're a workaholic gone 6-9 months a year your wife and kids might resent you.
    I was given the autobiography, and I came away thinking he was a rotten Dad. I really don't understand why these kinda guys decide to have kids. WTF? I guess they don't decide, they just do.
    My B-I-L was a fraternity brother of Craig Sager, so I read his autobiography, "Living Out Loud", and came away with the same thought.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda