Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Easy. You get the hyper craziness and aggressiveness of a boxer, who also is a perpetually hammered college freshman.

I know they have their fans, but boxer is literally the only breed I will steer away from at the dog park

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressiveness of a boxer?

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    I've owned a variety of dogs in my lifetime, and boxers for the last 18 years. My two boxers were amazing dogs in every way, and, while I'm aware that it sounds like hyperbole, I really couldn't imagine two better dogs. Maybe I was just incredibly lucky, but both boxers were super tractable, highly intelligent, preternaturally well behaved, great with all people, and just the biggest sweethearts. I'm not saying that all boxers are like that, and the health issues are real. They also got cancer and died before age 9. Despite having had my heart broken twice, I'll still advocate my family to get another boxer because I love the breed so much. YMMV, but I thought I'd just offer a counterpoint to some of the over-zealous, under-baked opinions in this thread.

Also, Dan, count me as another vote to get a dog. I miss my dog something crazy.
    Grew up with boxers. Never saw a moment of aggression out of any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I’ve never seen aggressiveness in the boxers I’ve been around, they were just complete goofballs. The last one I was around the owners had no control of and it was kind of bonkers, a complete shame. I think he was pretty much ignored and didn’t get much exercise/activity. He was a beautiful dog, very sweet and clownish. I don’t know if they still have him. And, yes, that lack of control wasn’t the dogs fault, it was his owner’s fault.

Wishing Dan the best of luck finding a dog that will be a great addition to the family.

Looks like it's a done deal with Trigger. Spent almost two hours with him and his people tonight. Seems to be a really great dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Looks like it's a done deal with Trigger. Spent almost two hours with him and his people tonight. Seems to be a really great dog.
    Awesome. That dog is gonna be sending it down the trails in the Wasatch in no time!

I think he'll be a good trail dog. He's not small but certainly not big either, and pretty ripped for a lab mix.

I think he'll be a good trail dog. He's not small but certainly not big either, and pretty ripped for a lab mix.
    I’m gonna guess this dog will have the best diet a dog could ever want. You guys are gonna love him!

Nice- can't go wrong with a bully breed. Well, not that mix at least.

We got our rescue as a pup. She’s now 6. I should’ve run the other way when the rescue rep suggested we attend a sex toy party.

She wouldn’t crate, she ate shoes, furniture, clothes, carpet, door frames, hats and probably some other stuff. We can’t let her off leash, she needs a gentle lead for her protection. She’s a working breed mix, and pulls so hard on a harness she can’t breath. Obviously she can’t ski or bike. She can’t be around children, dogs, and most people.

But, she enjoys two meals, treats and a daily walk and lays by my chair at night.

That last one makes it all worth it and she gets to live out her life. Just remember, it’s as much about the dog as it is the humans.

Nice, DTM, enjoy. You won’t regret it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

If you’re having problems with your dog pulling and acting the fool on walks a clicker and a pocketful of treats will curb that behavior after time.

Congrats! It sounds like you'll give Trigger a great home. And despite him inevitably being a pain in the ass at times, I'm sure you'll love him.

So will the ability to force an aggressive heal and be willing to wait at a dead stop for a half hour everytime while they are shaking to take off. Within a year I had my last dog so trained she saw a leash and got real real real pissy, but would stay by my side and stop at every curb cut and her voice command was 5 stars with me.

Congrats! Get your boy and dog signed up for those obedience classes!

My dog is fine. I need obedience lessons for the kids.

Congrats DTM, let's get out for a dog ride this summer.

Congrats and good luck with the furkind
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Congrats Dan. Let me know if Trigger needs some social interaction. Our dog is super friendly and has spent the last year playing w our neighbors puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Congrats DTM and AC!

Are you going to keep the name or change it?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Congrats DTM and AC!

Are you going to keep the name or change it?
    Keeping the name for sure! And thanks to all of you who responded here. It's seems you're either a dog person or not. Never though we would be but my Mom heart needs one for Sam and ultimately, he will be my buddy at home and DTMs out running on the trail
    you sketchy character, you

I'm not really the type to believe in fate, but it's hard not to feel like this was meant to be. Start this thread, then decide to peruse KSL on a lark, and there just happens to be this almost perfect, turnkey dog in need of a new home that was posted just hours earlier. His current owners seem like great people, raised him from a pup, have him very well trained for a 1 y.o. (not that he doesn't need more training), and he's just adorable and seems like everything we would have wanted in a dog.

Dude Congrats!!!!!!! It's going to be awesome!

We demand ongoing updates in the dog stoke thread!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We demand ongoing updates in the dog stoke thread!
    This! Congrats, OP. You're gonna love having the new addition to the family. Dogs are rad. Even the poop/puke/tampon/rotting carcass eating ones. Haha. Sure, they can be a PITA sometimes, but the joy they can bring FAR outweighs it. When you're blue, there's nothing like the comfort they bring when they sense that and lay their head on your lap with those sad eyes. When you're happy and they seem all stoked, it's so much fun. A well tuned dog is like an extension of your soul. Nothing quite like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Congrats!

Very cool, congrats Dan and AC, having just jumped into the dog pool as well I am jealous of your dog being a little older, puppies are WORK, its been a while since I have had to train a little one.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?