Look SPX 12 Alpine AFD model#/name

So the grip walk AFD that came with these lines up right on the edge of my boots AFD and the rubber in front of it. Does anyone know which is the right Alpine AFD to order for SPX 12?

pics?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    /Users/teddean/Desktop/IMG_2573.jpg
    One would need the actual website to see that picture.

pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Available parts
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think Gripwalk is a total shit show. I've played around with a lot of different boot binding combinations at the shop where I work and there are a lot of misalignments like this.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 03-04-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: grammar

I think Gripwalk is a total shit show. I've played around with a lot of different boot binding combinations at the shop where I work and there are a lot of misalignments like this.
    Personally, I would just use the GripWalk AFD, the amount of added friction from that tiny amount of rubber contact is minimal. Not sure which AFD to order (as you probably know, all the holes for Pivot, SPX and NX toes are the same) it's just the baseplate . . . sounds like a good question for spyderjon. My Look tech manual has a bunch of WTR and mechanical (as opposed to Teflon) AFD's listed as well . . .

"Pivot, SPX and NX toes are the same) it's just the baseplate " helpful, kind of knew it but goo to have reinforced.
    Are Pivot 15/18 toe piece holes the same as Pivot 12/14?

"Pivot, SPX and NX toes are the same) it's just the baseplate " helpful, kind of knew it but goo to have reinforced.
    Are Pivot 15/18 toe piece holes the same as Pivot 12/14?
    same hole pattern on the 15/18 as the others but different afd interface
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Anyone have an AFD for a fks 12?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The toe binding design on the P12/P14/FKS12/FKS14/SPX/Axial/NX/Axium is the called the Full Action toe and whilst the mounting pattern matches that of the full metal P15/P18/FKS15/FKS18 the base plates are different and so require a different AFD. The model number for the GW/alpine AFD that is now standard on the Full Action toes is FCHF004. Look are currently out of stock but their next batch will become available mid June 2021.

The previous Full Action dual alpine/WTR AFD that had the rotating indicator to set the AFD height was the FCEF003. This is now discontinued and Look are out of stock. They made few for sale as parts so they're now very hard to find. My last pair went to a maggot a few weeks ago.

And before that the Full Action alpine only AFD (the fifth one down in the above pic) was the FC9F007. This is now discontinued and Look are out of stock but I'm pretty sure that I still have some in a box somewhere.

So this thread has inspired me to do a stock check on my Look AFD spares.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Look AFD Stock.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	694.1 KB 
ID:	367625

Of the older AFD's it turns out that I've got 14 pairs of the Full Action alpine only FC9F007 and 8 pairs plus a single of the alpine only FC9F006 for P15/P18. Both of these are now discontinued and are available whilst stock lasts for the cost of the shipping only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPX alpine AFD & P18 alpine AFD.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	694.1 KB 
ID:	367626

I would take 3 pairs of the Full Action Alpine only FC9F007. Let me know how to pay you. Many thanks in advance.

I would take 3 pairs of the Full Action Alpine only FC9F007. Let me know how to pay you. Many thanks in advance.
    PM me your name, shipping address and email address and I'll send you a Paypal invoice.