Thread: WTB - Lhasa Pow

WTB - Lhasa Pow

Really dislike all these wtb threads, but I have to put out the feelers.

I had my first day back on my old dailys/work skis and found them brilliant. One of the most fun but by far worst built skis I’ve had, we’ve been on borrowed time from day one. They are total disco sticks and I love them but they have been glued, glued, and re-glued and are likely nearing maximum saturation.

They are some variety of a Lhasa pow “186” 112ish under foot, pretty flat cambered, I think they are an earlier build. Not sure of construction or flex, think I may have heard carbon, but whenever I see the insides it looks like glass to me.

Looking for ideally a 186, the praxis repress would be the dream but I think those where all 191, and even with the new tail thats probably harder than I want to work.

Relatively hammered sticks welcome, generally intact edges please, but Montana skiing has inured me to damage you may consider catastrophic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teleposeur View Post
    Really dislike all these wtb threads, but I have to put out the feelers.

I had my first day back on my old dailys/work skis and found them brilliant. One of the most fun but by far worst built skis I’ve had, we’ve been on borrowed time from day one. They are total disco sticks and I love them but they have been glued, glued, and re-glued and are likely nearing maximum saturation.

They are some variety of a Lhasa pow “186” 112ish under foot, pretty flat cambered, I think they are an earlier build. Not sure of construction or flex, think I may have heard carbon, but whenever I see the insides it looks like glass to me.

Looking for ideally a 186, the praxis repress would be the dream but I think those where all 191, and even with the new tail thats probably harder than I want to work.

Relatively hammered sticks welcome, generally intact edges please, but Montana skiing has inured me to damage you may consider catastrophic.

Thanks
    I've got some 191s. Lots of holes, some of which have been epoxied, but bases and edges are in excellent shape.
    swing your fucking sword.

Really dislike all these wtb threads, but I have to put out the feelers
    Free bump to say I love these threads.
    Tracking down rare dream gear is a form of stoke. May ullr be with you in your quest.

I am ready to part with mine.

They are the Praxis built 191cm with the lighter Enduro core, maple/ash/aspen and no carbon, flex 3/4, 2150g each. Birdseye maple veneer w/ green line art.

They are fkn nice but I want/need the heavier build.

Drilled twice. Inserts for Shifts @ 304mm BSL and trad mount for Pivots @ 315mm BSL.

Good luck. Mine are going on the wall when I finish with them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7714.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	365673

I have Carbon Lhasa Pows Bro models I got from Kootenai years ago. Haven't skied them in a couple of years and would love to give them to someone who would actually use them. They're rad, I just don't have time to ski all my skis anymore.

- 186 Carbon Lhasa Pows with dynafit STs
    - Come with sollyfits (toe and heel plates)
    - G3 alpinist skins with tacky glue

$100 shipped CONUS for everything. Images below.

Kootenai sales post from 2016 is here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d-Skins-425usd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4739.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	365691

Name:	IMG_4740.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	365692

Name:	IMG_4741.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	365693

Name:	IMG_4742.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	365694

Name:	IMG_4743.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	365695

Name:	IMG_4745.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	365696

Name:	IMG_4752.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	365697

Pmd you 808

Quote Originally Posted by 808cam View Post
    I have Carbon Lhasa Pows Bro models I got from Kootenai years ago. Haven't skied them in a couple of years and would love to give them to someone who would actually use them. They're rad, I just don't have time to ski all my skis anymore.
    Yeah dude that is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, pm incoming

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    Pmd you 808
    I will NOT jump in front of teleposeur, but if he passes, I'm your huckleberry. Love 186 Lhasas!
    Last edited by SorryBro; 03-03-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Feeling better bout WTB threads? Haha! Awesome emergence here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a 196 just like pictured above, (not norse's), and was wanting a 186 as well, but now I think I should get a different design, 'cuz like I already have the 196, ya know?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    Feeling better bout WTB threads? Haha! Awesome emergence here

WTB threads have their place for sure. I was trolling gear swap for an insulated resort jacket for a few months with no success. Posted a WTB thread and in less than an hour had a sweet Flylow puffy at a great price on its way to me. Lots of people don't have the patience or energy to sell their surplus gear, but a WTB thread makes it easy for them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    WTB threads have their place for sure. I was trolling gear swap for an insulated resort jacket for a few months with no success. Posted a WTB thread and in less than an hour had a sweet Flylow puffy at a great price on its way to me. Lots of people don't have the patience or energy to sell their surplus gear, but a WTB thread makes it easy for them.
    For sure. Love the garage digging that ensues. Some beautiful shit collecting dust out there.

Yeah dude that is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, pm incoming
    Right on. 808 I defer to tele and will take the lhasas, as I pm’ed, if they don’t work for him.

@teleposeur
    I could use a set of sollyfit plates, if you end up not needing them please drop me a line

Quote Originally Posted by rheilman View Post
    @teleposeur
    I could use a set of sollyfit plates, if you end up not needing them please drop me a line
    I have two sets of sollyfit toes and heels. Send me a pm if you want a set.