Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Lacrosse 2021

Go Hoos Go!

Wow that was a barn burner!

Well UVA had the answers today. Very flat Maryland performance for much of the game I thought. No idea what that was about. Even late they only looked good in spurts. But congrats to the Hoos, they earned it.

Usually the #1 jersey is a reward for a senior or at least an upperclassman, kinda surprising that a freshman has it at UVA. Hell of a freshman, though. Kinda cool that he's from Charlottesville.

Lacrosse 2021

I think that 17-16 is as close as it gets. Both offenses cranking but UVA just a little bit more.
    Tying goal shot on frame as the last seconds expire!!

Great playoff weekends. Most of the games were tight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 05-31-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Gait and Pietramala. I guess? We'll see if diametrically opposite views of coaching can exist together.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Gait and Pietramala. I guess? We'll see if diametrically opposite views of coaching can exist together.
    I think they can. Should be really interesting. Go Orange!

Okay, lax heads.

What stick should I get to equip a 6 year old for her first organized league play this fall? She's played a little before, but using a loaner stick. We also need goggles, cleats, and maybe gloves.

Bonus points if you can recommend a reasonable stick for me to use to play catch. I'm not going to play a real game, but it would be nice to play catch with the kids.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

No clue about the kid. For you, anything will work, just go on lax.com and shop by price. There's a store called Tribal West Lacrosse in Sandy, you still live out that way? If so, take a little road trip with the kid and grab yourself something that feels comfortable in your hand.

Thanks for the bump, though, I hadn't heard about Gait and Pietro at 'Cuse, that's interesting. There's good Italian food in Syracuse I bet, so Pietro will be happy. Pietro's been half checked out for a few years, putting him in charge of half the team seems sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Okay, lax heads.

What stick should I get to equip a 6 year old for her first organized league play this fall? She's played a little before, but using a loaner stick. We also need goggles, cleats, and maybe gloves.

Bonus points if you can recommend a reasonable stick for me to use to play catch. I'm not going to play a real game, but it would be nice to play catch with the kids.

can't say much bouta girls stick but i do i have a strung lakota 2 that i will send you if you cover shipping. perfect all around head. don't have a shaft that i can part with at the moment but really anything will work.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    can't say much bouta girls stick but i do i have a strung lakota 2 that i will send you if you cover shipping. perfect all around head. don't have a shaft that i can part with at the moment but really anything will work.
    Icemang, thanks for the advice about Tribal West. I know that they are a go-to spot. We've been feeling the pull of New England lately for a variety of reasons, but we are still in UT and Sandy's not too far from us.

stealurface, you should hang onto that head. I appreciate the offer, but I'll probably just buy something cheap and complete. Aren't you going to play on the club team at MSU or am I thinking of someone else? I used to share an office with another MA guy who played for that team. He made it sound like a lot of fun.

Okay, lax heads.

My girls are a bit older so take FWIW.
    They use STX Crux 600 custom strung with ECD venom mesh.

Modern higher end sticks with drop rails and angled shafts/throats that promote a high pocket actually are much better and easier for kids to develop good stick skills and at some point are worth the extra investment.

That said at 6 I'd probably just get an inexpensive stick that she likes the look of, loosen the lacing alot so there's an actual pocket and save the money for a good stick a few years down the road that'll be even better. Good idea getting something for yourself cos going out and playing with her is the best.

stealurface, you should hang onto that head. I appreciate the offer, but I'll probably just buy something cheap and complete. Aren't you going to play on the club team at MSU or am I thinking of someone else? I used to share an office with another MA guy who played for that team. He made it sound like a lot of fun.
    i used to run a business selling strung heads. i have a few dozen sitting around the house.
    swing your fucking sword.

If your kid is just starting out, check with the league or organization she's going to be playing with as many of them offer cheap rentals on gear to newbs.
    Also, used gear from craigslist or play it again sports is another option.
    As a total beginner, the quality of the stick isn't a huge deal.
    Warrior warp sticks are what i setup our 6, 8 & 10 year old beginners with.
    No topstring to break, no "bad pocket" to mess up their mechanics.