Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lacrosse 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Ha. Always next year.

Desko and Rogers have gotta go. Just too much talent to throw a shoe every year in the tournament.
    Most of the players lately wouldn’t have gotten on the field with the Powell teams

One thing I do like about Cuse is they try to stay home with recruiting, there's still a ton of NY kids on that team and 3 of them are from Syracuse. The loss of the Native pipeline has hurt them, if the Thompsons or Tehoka Nanticoke had gone to Syracuse you'd probably be singing a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Hoyas looked good though.
    Congrats to the Hoyas for sure.

Vermont played pretty tough. Terps stepped off the gas some but the Catamounts kept their heads in it til the end.

Much hated Duke being their hateable selves against High Point. High Point was game early but Duke just has way too much. Grad transfer Michael Sowers from Princeton (all-time leading Princeton scorer, All-America, etc. etc.) is sick. Hadn't seen much of Princeton the past few years (and I but I'm glad I got a chance to hate, err, see him.

Vermont played pretty tough. Terps stepped off the gas some but the Catamounts kept their heads in it til the end.
    Yeah...nice to see UVM hang in there....it was a very tough year for athletics up in Burlington this past year.....lots of shutdowns/pauses/team restrictions, etc.....which helped with very low Covid spread/cases.....but all the stoppages/no workouts/ no team activities for an athlete, was not ideal.....so it was nice to see them all stand together and play hard till the end.....Go cats!

Bit of a barnburner in Denver right now, Loyola 11-10 over Denver early in the 4th. So want Tierney to lose.

Tierney losing his mind at the refs. Like usual. Shut up, coach.

Lacrosse 2021

Bit of a barnburner in Denver right now, Loyola 11-10 over Denver early in the 4th. So want Tierney to lose.
    Come on Pioneers!!

Ugh, 13-10 now.

Wow that save! Unreal point-blank last-second save to save the game as Loyola holds on to win.

Wow that save! Unreal point-blank last-second save to save the game as Loyola holds on to win.
    Amazing

Yeah that was a stuff on the doorstep. He had given up a few in a row too, so big time standup play.

https://twitter.com/LacrosseBucket/s...025537543?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Well the final four is set for next weekend: UNC, UVA, Duke and Maryland. An old-time ACC reunion. I really would have preferred to see Rutgers and Loyola in there and they both lost in OT so they nearly made it.

Maryland-Notre Dame also went to OT but the Terps struck quickly in the the extra time to grab the win. I also would have like to see Georgetown in there but they got smoked by UVA. Oh well. On to the final next weekend in Hartford.

Great games ! Overtimes!

Yeah 3 of 4 games ending in OT was fun.

unc-uva.
    lets get this bread, heels.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    unc-uva.
    lets get this bread, heels.
    Instead, the Heels are toast. Breaks my heart. ha.

Terps-Duke on now on ESPNU. Still 1-1 in the 1st.

Go UVA!!!

Maryland with a statement spanking of Duke. Wow

That was a clinic.

If duke could have subbed in UVA's transition game, it would have been a much closer game. Transition seemed like an afterthought.

Maryland's offense... Wow. Very old school and formulaic at times (alley dodge, load one side of the field, then swing fast to other side for a wide open step down), but then they'd run stuff that I've never seen or am just not smart enough to classify.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Maryland's offense... Wow. Very old school and formulaic at times...
    That's been the rap on Tillman for a long time- that he gets great talent and then won't let them play. My brother the lacrosse guru hates him, because he loves the free-flowing Creators' Game style and hates set offenses.

The 2017 had so much talent they just kind of ran past the system, they wore out the brakes and then ran. I mean they were led by a guy named Rambo. This team stays within it more but then pulls out even more stuff, like they're adding to the system on the fly. It's fun to watch when it's working.

That's been the rap on Tillman for a long time- that he gets great talent and then won't let them play. My brother the lacrosse guru hates him, because he loves the free-flowing Creators' Game style and hates set offenses.

The 2017 had so much talent they just kind of ran past the system, they wore out the brakes and then ran. I mean they were led by a guy named Rambo. This team stays within it more but then pulls out even more stuff, like they're adding to the system on the fly. It's fun to watch when it's working.
    Bernhardt doesn't hurt either. It's crazy to see the number of goals he scored in a game where he seemed much more like a facilitator than a shot-taker.

Good for RIT. They’ve been knocking on the door for more than a decade. Always snakebitten by one of the NESCAC teams in the semis (mostly Tufts). Well deserved getting by Tufts and Salisbury this year.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Lacrosse 2021

Bump for game time

Go Hoos!

Fireworks so far!

Fkna