Question Has anyone successfully fit a Intuition in a true plug?

Thinking for the cold, damp EC days. Has anyone gotten a Plug Wrap or Plug Race in a true 92-93mm plug boot successfully? Beta or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Well, as fate would have it I have a pair of plug race liners on the way. If opportunity permits I might try them in my doby 1 fitty's. Will see how much if any shell work needs to be done. Stock laceups are pretty beeeeet. Will report if I can get something learned but might not be doing any more resort skiing this spring. We'll see. Will also try them in my Hawx XTD's and RS 130's

Recently just got into some plug boots so sticking around for some answers...if an intuition doesn't fit, I would assume the options are slimmed down to buying another stock liner vs zipfits?

generally most folks I know use stock or a foam injected liner.

I skied a pair of Atomic 150 plugs (somewhat softened) with a standard Intuition for years. Best skiing boot I ever had, and the most incredibly painful to put on and take off. Many pro fitting sessions went into getting them right but worth it.

After several years those liners packed out, and in spite of replacing them and more fitting sessions they never worked the same again. Still bummed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I think even the Zip Gara's are higher volume than the stock laceup. I'm breathing hard even thinking about getting into, and more over, out of plugs with Zips. If the boots fit like a proper plug I'm not certain that you could even get a pair of Zips into them. Would be FUCKING STIFF flexing. Unless it was really warm my plugs would pretty much send me into the backseat when skiing uneven terrain like moguls, even at my tender 220lb. Don't think Zips would help that. On the plus side, there is pretty much no ski out there that wouldn't comply to your will. Takes driving a ski to another level.

Tried an Intuition Plug Race in my dobi 150 plugs. The intuition liner has much more toe room than stock but that extra material takes up much more volume in the shell than stock and crushed my toes. Kinda like jamming my foot into a cone. I would say that the intuition maybe has a touch less volume around the ankle and lower leg and generally has that more vague intuition feel compared to the stock laceup. Considering doing a full toebox expansion to accommodate the intuition as even the stock liner constricts my toes when not in the shell.

Intuition Race Plug size 27 weighs 355 grams in case that matters and is generally very low volume, in the same ballpark as a race laceup but a little more roomy in the toe.

^^^
    Don’t ruin your Doberman’s. A precision boot needs a precision liner. And intuition liners are comfort liners IMO.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The whole purpose of a plug is so that you can mutilate it to fit. For most feet there is absolutely no chance of skiing a plug without major mods....that is definitely the case here....and it's why they are the cheapest boots on the market.....and they are just too fucking stiff for the VAST majority. Also, very few will be willing to suffer through taking them on and off, especially when it's at all cold. Now it's just a matter of finding the right liner to start with. Not quite sold on the intuition.

I personally love the stock liner in wc dobies, one of the reasons I prefer them to Lange zb. Excellent heel retention and very precise ski feel. They’re cold, but it’s a plug boot. Heat moldable liners are great for comfort but leave a lot to be desired when it comes time to really feel your ski. I only mildly put up with them in touring boots. I’d tour in stock Doberman liners if they made one that was flexible in the back.

Alta,
    If you have a dual core ZB in a 27.5 Id be interested. Stock dobi laceup is just too constricting in the toe even when it's not in the boot. Might try a Zipfit gara instead. Still haven't found an intuition that worked for me....yet...will keep exploring. My foot barely squeezes into an RS 130 LV, but the shape is pretty much perfect for my foot. Not too worried about the cold as the only time I use a plug is in the spring when the RS just gets too soft and I tend to blow through the front of it. But, If I could find a plug (ZB?) that I could make work with a minimal amount of fitting I would probably use it exclusively for lift served. That scalpel precision and howitzer power is addicting.

I’m 26.5. IME the LV rs is pretty roomy boot compared to a dobie or zb. But the zb is going to be way easier to fit than a dobie, way bigger toe box. Dobie will hold up to spring temps better. I’d say a Doberman 130 is like a lange 140 or 150 (which I’m not sure they even sell anymore). If you want precision go zip fit. IME intuition liners are disposable garbage. They ski ok for a month and then they’re packed out.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I generally agree on the intuitions, especially the MV's and HV's. Had better success with a couple of different LV's.

Unfortunately, as I've gotten older my foot shape has changed a little and can't ski the dobies without some additional work. On the plus side, these dobies have soles that had already been planed and it was dead nuts on for me. Sounds like the Lange/Rossi plug would be a better place to start, but already have the dobi's. If the lange plugs soften up in warm weather like the rs does then maybe I need to look for a za as a starting place in the future. The idea of not going through a whole toe box expansion is really appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Thinking for the cold, damp EC days. Has anyone gotten a Plug Wrap or Plug Race in a true 92-93mm plug boot successfully? Beta or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
    Boot heaters would be a much better option.

I have a power wrap + in some Atomic Redster WC boots. I have very low volume feet, and though the liners do not offer me the same performance as other options they are warmer and they make getting in and out of the boots so much easier even when they are cold.

Palau makes some thinner liners, they might work better. Maybe add your plug boots tongue to one them to make up for the lack of stiffness?
    https://skimo.co/palau-ultralight-race-liners