Juneau End of Feb 2021 avalanche risk

Any Juneau mags have any updates? Some pretty wild rumours floating around the avalanche patch about parts of the town being evacuated due to historic avalanche hazard in town.

I’ve been there in the summer and there are legit avalanche paths that look like they could run into town on a big cycle.

Any on the ground reports?

https://www.ktoo.org/2021/02/27/june...lanche-danger/

Do they do avalanche control on that path? Seems like that would be the smart thing to do in a big snow year.

Urban advisory was lowered from extreme to high, so it's still touch and go. My understanding is that the city does not undertake control measures on that path because it's above an area where people live and there aren't any engineering structures to mitigate sliding debris. State DOT performs control measures over paths above Thane Rd with a Howitzer.

Looks legit:
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

So that's actually a different avalanche path off the same mtn (Mt. Juneau). But yeah, they can move. In 1962, the one that's at issue today caused notable property damage (I'm pretty sure no one was injured -- well before my time on earth though).