Thread: jester Demo's

jester Demo's

Will a 2016 Jester 16 Demo, take gripwalk or only alpine?
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

My 2016 have a sliding AFD but the back of the AFD plate is not beveled to match the rocker of Gripwalk soles as compared to my 2018 AFD plate which slides and has a bevel at the back of the AFD. 2018 is stamped GripWalk while 2016 is not.

thank you
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

Anyone know if the rear toe screw on the Jester/Griffon/Squire demo binding jig is 93mm forward of the mounting line on the ski? I picked up a pair of skis that had demos and that's my measurement, but I don't know if the shop tech clamped the jig exactly on the line or not.

Suppose I can do a test mount, and see if the numbers on the heel plates match when the boot is on the line.

Here's what I've got for hole distances from the line: Toe 178 - 147 - 93 - midsole - 128 - 208 Heel. (I've mounted lots of Griffons, if it helps anyone the toe hole width is 36mm, heel hole width is 32mm.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyone know if the rear toe screw on the Jester/Griffon/Squire demo binding jig is 93mm forward of the mounting line on the ski? ...
    The "old-generation Marker demo" template PDF that I have from TGR ( it displays "© Knut Pohl" ) yields 93.5mm after I calculate it from the displayed numbers. (I divide the demo BSL="315mm" by 2, then subtract "64mm".) So your "93mm" is good for standard demo mount.

Similar calculations yield that your heel holes are 4-5mm forward than expected for a standard 315 demo mount. No problem.

The standard choice of mounting the demo binding for 315mm will maximize the fore/aft range that a 315mm boot will click into the demo binding (I think the 315mm boot can be adjusted from -2.5cm to +2.5cm)---plus will fit BSL=265 and BSL=365. But you also have the freedom to drill the demo binding for any "preferred" BSL. Like if your boot is 290mm, then you could drill demo holes for 290mm, then your 290mm boot will harness the full range of -2.5cm to +2.5cm...but then your bigfoot buddy's 345mm boots won't fit at ANY position at all.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Anyone know if the rear toe screw on the Jester/Griffon/Squire demo binding jig is 93mm forward of the mounting line on the ski? I picked up a pair of skis that had demos and that's my measurement, but I don't know if the shop tech clamped the jig exactly on the line or not.

Suppose I can do a test mount, and see if the numbers on the heel plates match when the boot is on the line.

Here's what I've got for hole distances from the line: Toe 178 - 147 - 93 - midsole - 128 - 208 Heel. (I've mounted lots of Griffons, if it helps anyone the toe hole width is 36mm, heel hole width is 32mm.)

exactly 93 to the center with my jig set on 315mm and all your other numbers check out. Tech did the job correctly.

Awesome guys, this is great info, thanks.

So for a 305 bsl boot to have maximum position adjustment, I'll subtract 5mm from the 315 bsl numbers and get: Toe 173 - 142 - 88 - midsole - 123 - 203 Heel. I'll drill a test mount to confirm.

Awesome guys, this is great info, thanks.

So for a 305 bsl boot to have maximum position adjustment, I'll subtract 5mm from the 315 bsl numbers and get: Toe 173 - 142 - 88 - midsole - 123 - 203 Heel. I'll drill a test mount to confirm.

yes. You are spot on.

Anyone know the distance-from-midsole figures for the new generation Squire/Griffon demo?

fyi: If anyone considers using the old-gen demo heel baseplate with non-demo bindings (to get more heel adjustment to avoid existing holes in a ski), the demo baseplate positions the heel about 2mm higher off the ski, so it'll increase your ramp a bit.