Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Damian was banned quite a while ago.
    Thank you! Didn't realize that.

Damian was banned quite a while ago.
    Johnny snow now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Johnny snow now, right?
    Maybe, sounds right, not sure though, which I guess is the whole point, as long as he's not posting racist troll crap I'm unaware of him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I was really dreaming of a ski off between Bunion and John C down the Big Couloir. That would of been worth the price of a ticket to Big Sky.

I had a ski come off last week. Single ejection. It happens.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The best part of that pole strap thread is we have a new definition of what steep is. That shit must be at least 135 degrees...

I'm the best skier on TGR.
    I challenge you to a ski off.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I had a ski come off last week. Single ejection. It happens.
    Is that what she told you? She sounds sweet.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Prerelease is always deflating
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    This is truth; I was there.

HighwayStar challenged ???? after some chumps called him out for posting a YouTube vid where he had violated some PSIA perfect form by showing a slight A frame.

It took place at Killington & literally changed my life. Most of the TGR attackers were also posters of KillingtonZone.

It was icy as hell & HS critics arrived looking to see his downfall. HS lined us up on ridge and after some general rules and profanity, he took off tore the shit outta the hill like he was possessed & launched a blind lip.

Most of his big mouth critics traversed the ridge to escape. They were God awful skiers, like real pizza pushers.

I never took jack posted on line seriously again.

*there is a trip report here that better accounts for this circa 2010.
    Thanks to his RACESTOCK BINDINGS !

Yes, I remember the drama...
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Thanks to his RACESTOCK BINDINGS !

Yes, I remember the drama...
    They were on 4" parablocks as I recall. Oddest thing I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    They were on 4" parablocks as I recall. Oddest thing I have ever seen.
    I remember seeing a photo of those bindings, could hardly believe what I was looking at

OK here is the Post of the TR from 2007 as written by Train07 & co:

Okay you two douchenozzles, Anxious Mo fo and DaveTV.... I knew that was gonna take a twist here..

cont..

We didn't get to see the moon lifts in action since HS changed to his Head IM 88s with Solly 916s....off we went to the gondi. There were five of us in our group, total.
    RustyK, iriponsnow, Cody, me, and HS. Our first instruction came from HS at this time...how to secure a 5 man gondi car that has a capacity of eight. The trick conveyed was for each man to slowly enter the car, lingering long enough at the doors so as to prevent full occupancy. This didn't work as planned. I blame HS for not lingering long enough. HS was later seen attempting this same maneuver long after the group had disbanded. This didn't work too well for him at this time either....... I was able to get in.
    Bear Mtn was the chosen place to be for our first on snow instructions which took place at the top of Viper. We paused there while HS asked us how we would handle the frozen bump line far to skiers left. I chose to answer, " I would avoid it."
    I guess I forgot the part about adventure but I think I had two others agree with me.
    HS shows us how it's done by side stepping up to the highest mound of frozen shit, hucks, lands cleanly and balls to the walls, rips the shit out of the boiler plate rat field. Iriponsnow follows suit exactly. The three of us left, who all apparently didn't read the adventure part, do not huck from the highest frozen shit available, but we all arrive at the same place...... minus gnar points.
    By now we're all of the consensus that HS has balls. He confides to us that he was hoping for more people who haven't skied Killington as much as our group has. I'm sure he was also hoping to have people who were more anxious to improve on their gnar technique through instruction. Personally, I'm happy to be fully functional at walking and I think the group as a whole were curiosity seekers just out to have fun.
    Our next on snow visual took place at the top of the Skye Peak chair. More frozen shit bumps on skiers left presented a prime opportunity for an adventure landing, or so I thought. This is where HS made it apparent that he is cautious and safe regarding the need not to kill gapers. I stood about 30 yards below HS waiting to witness him huck off this frozen shit mass of rock into the frozen shit mass of bumps ( anyone notice a pattern developing?) Well this took forever, although I guess it's just a point of view. HS is standing just skiers right of the bullwheel where hordes of gapers are being regurgitated. He's yelling at said gapers .. "LOOKOUT!, STOP! STAY BACK!!!""

I'm standing there waiting, looking around kinda befuddled and feeling sorry for the poor gapers at hand and I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing.....like leaving. I was under the impression he was lining up to huck the frozen shit mound, land in the frozen shit bumps and continue down frozen shit zipperline. There were no gapers on that particular path.
    Finally, HS takes off, lands and steers directly, with a pretty high rate of speed onto the groomed gaper path. I then understood his loud cautioning and was content, but wish I had known the plan to redirect gaperdom.
    HS continues to impress us with his let it all hang out style. I'm not qualified to dissect or judge his skiing style, having no formal training of my own. I can only liken what I see to a Bode Miller approach. The guy's got balls no doubt. He skis hard and fast where a fall on Sundays hardpack could have disastrous consequences...not only for himself.

to be continued
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all
    Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

01-08-2007, 06:12 PM#127Below Zero's AvatarBelow Zero Below Zero is offline
    is back at it
    Good reading so far. So you are sayinig he likes shreadding frozen shit? Ha!

So no one from EpicSki showed up?
    Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    01-08-2007, 06:23 PM#128My Lovely's AvatarMy Lovely My Lovely is offline
    I`m Cute
    Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post

Sasha Cohen on skis.Did he do a Camel Spin?
    01-08-2007, 06:46 PM#129snowsprite's Avatarsnowsprite snowsprite is offline
    Saucy Maid
    Send a message via AIM to snowspriteJoin Date
    Oct 2003
    OMG...is there going to be another clinic soon? I would like to show HS my technique on the Gaper Pit frozen bumps. I always take skiers left and snow plow my way down around the bodies laying in the troughs

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ
    has many zippers
    Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post

"Iriponsnow" hangs there... he's super smooth and did every gnar that HS did, 'cept I don't think he was in on the re-routing of gaperdom huck.
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all
    has many zippers
    cont.

I admit to not keeping up with all of HS' flame wars but I know they are the stuff of which legends are made. I never did get a chance to find out where the desire to agitate so many comes from nor the desire to keep coming back after so many struggles. I wanted to get into his head to see how many times he may have been dropped but our clinic was cut short @ 11:30 when HS decided it was time to make some phone calls and grab a beer. The others in our group were going to disperse, so I offered to buy HS a beer. RustyK's arm took little twisting, so he and I headed to the bar. HS never showed. Rusty and I downed some beer and went out to practice our 'avoid the carnage' skills.
    After a few runs I decided it was time to pack it in and go home, with one more check at the bar. No HS again....beer downed... skis on to glide towards the gondi and parking lot. Lo and behold, I spot HS just about to enter the gondi line. I figure, this is my chance to pick his brain so I shift gears from "going home train" to "I'm coming with ya, bitch, train". HS apparently realizes this can't be good as he sees me coming out of the corner of his eye, and not so nonchalantly tries to score a gondi of his own with buddy/partner. Well, I've been taught how this works and I've seen how well it works........ I'm in.
    To be fair, HS had planned on utilizing the space in the gondi car to tune his now third pair of skis for the day. These were much shorter than his others, I'm not sure what they were and didn't ask me as he quickly pulled out two Sierra Nevadas and offered one up. His partner wasn't on that program, but I was, so I thanked him. HS proceeds to do a quick tune on the latest skis using a scotch brite kinda pad and a palm file. Meanwhile, I'm dying to ask him about his head trauma but I'm not sure if his buddy is aware of HS' notoriety on the internet stage, so I pass on delving into matters of consequence, figuring this is the compassionate thing to do. In hindsight, I wish I'd jumped in with the questions right there because the opportunity of riding a chair together vanished into the frozen mist being spewed on the Rime trail, most of which ended up on my goggles.
    After our quick icy run down the headwall at the peak, his buddy decided it was time to watch the Pats game, so herewith was my opportunity....my reason for being.
    HS reached our next destination, the Northridge chair, first, no friends on a gunpowder day, and hopped on. He did wait at the top, me being two chairs behind. We didn't make a plan other than lets rip...again, through the gauntlet of guns and I'm feeling like Helen Keller on skis, thumb going and scraping as fast as I can not wanting to lose my subject. I realize I should have made a plan because upon emerging with almost full vision, I saw no HS... I hesitate, look to see if my interogation chair ride chance is blown...he's not there...fuck, there he is half way down East Fall. Off I go doing survival turns till I catch up with him chatting at the Canyon Chair with three others. It became obvious HS wasn't about to let me into his world on this particular day. We said our goodbyes. I tried... I failed...my reason for being in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I challenge you to a ski off.
    I'll take on Danno too, although tele skier VS snowboarder is an odd matchup.

We can't have these challenges buried in Tech Talk. They should be front and center in their own thread on General Ski/Board. This isn't 'Nam, there are rules!

Has there actually even been a TGR Skioff?

Spook’s challenge thread may be appropriate

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...red-beat-downs

I don't see an answer for the OP, but it does contain at least one bit of wisdom:

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    A skioff, for those that don't know, begins at the top of the resorts claim to fame run. The run that is on all the shot glasses and tshirts in the gift shop. Time and place. Conditions are irrelevant.

Anyone making ski off plans for anytime other than tomorrow is a sucker poser

WE NEED A COUPLE DOZEN "DOUCHEOFFS" AROUND HERE.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

I love 2021.

I would welcome a ski off with any of my detractors. However because I am a whiney bitch there are a myriad of elements to the garyfromterrace ski challenge.
    1) it is a 3 sport event. challengers must ski, tele, and board.
    2) the 3 events each have 2 separate elements:
    a. timed gate run (probably a GS type of course, non breakaway gates). Times are simply added up.
    b. free ski - first to the bottom of an agreed upon run (black diamond minimum, preferably double black) on each particular sliding implement. Time differential is added to losers total time from above.
    Lose or win is based on total time of all the gate runs plus differential time added to the mix.

In a perfect world the free ski event would take place in powder since it's the majority of what I ski, and it really is the best riding possible however my deep powder on tele game is a bit rusty.

Beat me - first 10 drinks on me ((or dinner ($137 cap) if non-drinker)), I pay for your lift ticket (or give you the money that the hill charges for an adult day).
    I beat you - first 10 drinks on you (I am not a non-drinker), you pay for my lift ticket (or give me the money that the hill charges for an adult day).

One can dream can't they...
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 03-01-2021 at 09:42 PM. Reason: needed to specify agreed upon run type
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I might be able to manage a board, but damn I'd eat shit boarding a double black.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

[QUOTE=garyfromterrace;6251576
    a. timed gate run (probably a GS type of course, non breakaway gates). Times are simply added up.
    b. free ski - first to the bottom of an agreed upon run (black diamond minimum, preferably double black) on each particular sliding implement. Time differential is added to losers total time from above.
    /QUOTE]

One point of adjustment- one event should be judged on time, the other (free ski) should be based on skill and strength (i.e. points). Gotta be some diversity in the ski off, and there should be some scoring by a panel of maggot judges.

Like track and field, speed is one important measurement, but strength is another that can’t be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Lose or win is based on total time of all the gate runs plus differential time added to the mix.

In a perfect world the free ski event would take place in powder since it's the majority of what I ski, and it really is the best riding possible however my deep powder on tele game is a bit rusty.
    just use real trees for the gates
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

[QUOTE=S_jenks;6251599]
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace;6251576
    /QUOTE

One point of adjustment- one event should be judged on time, the other (free ski) should be based on skill and strength (i.e. points). Gotta be some diversity in the ski off, and there should be some scoring by a panel of maggot judges.

Like track and field, speed is one important measurement, but strength is another that can’t be forgotten.
    While I suggest that you do have valid points, I suggest that the timed run (or race) is the purest form of the sporting challenge. Judgment is always subjective. A person crossing a line ahead of the other is simply the winner. The marathon, speed skiing, car and motorcycle racing and of course the garyfromterrace ski challenge all remain to me the pinnacle of the sporting world challenges.

PS - I panic if I am skiing backwards in pow or bumps and I couldn't do a trick in the air if my life depended on it.
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 03-01-2021 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling sucks
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just use real trees for the gates
    Not the same. That's just skiing a tree run. Having said that, if the chosen free ski (or board or tele) race run was down such a run it would be valid.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Hmm so ski, board, and an 1 hr of tele practice, and the next 10 drinks are on you G.
    Move upside and let the man go through...