Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That is clutch. I’d like to know who his equipment mentor is.
    The person you seek is Parvo's shiny - headed life coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The person you seek is Parvo's shiny - headed life coach.
    Part of me wants to see coach’s Instagram - just so I can see a photo of that shine.

isn't Coach dead?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yes, Coach killed herself, I believe.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

JFC that is sad

Did it involve a pole?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    At the ski area I worked at every dirtbag had mismatched poles from the lost and found (myself included).
    Me too. They’re still my backups

Did someone say pole theft stories?

In college I had a beater pair of poles, well beater everything. They were aluminum and had so many bends, but they still worked. After going in to the lodge at breck for free hot water to use on my ramen I came back out to the rack and my poles were gone. WTF out of all of the poles on the rack they took the crappiest pair? I scratched my head for a bit until a I notice some lonely poles without skis a couple slots down on the rack. They looked just like my poles but were a good bit straighter. Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    isn't Coach dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yes, Coach killed herself, I believe.
    JFC that is sad
    Not sure that's right. In the last post Parvo put up in that thread, three years ago, he didn't say anything about that.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e16?highlight=

"I ran in to her in PC a couple years back. She was emotionally apologetic. She just adopted/rescued a three-legged horribly abused dog. Was moving to LA then that became SF, which then became Paris, and last I heard she was opening a yoga retreat on some island. As of this writing, she's still in PC.
    Her face was as shiny as a new penny."

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Not sure that's right. In the last post Parvo put up in that thread, three years ago, he didn't say anything about that.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e16?highlight=

"I ran in to her in PC a couple years back. She was emotionally apologetic. She just adopted/rescued a three-legged horribly abused dog. Was moving to LA then that became SF, which then became Paris, and last I heard she was opening a yoga retreat on some island. As of this writing, she's still in PC.
    Her face was as shiny as a new penny."
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...84#post5476584
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Okay, I missed that. That's too bad.

I may be smote for committing this blasphemy- but should we summon a east coaster who has likely been busy training in Manhattan gyms with a pack and climbing harness on?
    Which of my clients are you thinking of?

GSA

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    GSA
    And apparently his Manhattan apostles

Yeah... I think the Coach jokes are sort of off the table now, even around here. But most people didn't catch that one post. We'll have to stick to the third floor bathroom as far as Parvo stories are concerned. Or pantsuits.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Same here. Damn...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Did someone say pole theft stories?

In college I had a beater pair of poles, well beater everything. They were aluminum and had so many bends, but they still worked. After going in to the lodge at breck for free hot water to use on my ramen I came back out to the rack and my poles were gone. WTF out of all of the poles on the rack they took the crappiest pair? I scratched my head for a bit until a I notice some lonely poles without skis a couple slots down on the rack. They looked just like my poles but were a good bit straighter. Score!
    Someone "stole" my poles once when I was in high school, but left another pair behind. Later in the day I saw my poles on the rack and switched back. That was over 25 years ago. Still have those poles. Nice cork grips. My wife uses them.

I’m still hopeful someone will ski the death chute and, if they somehow survive (likely only possible if they’re from the east) post a TR and a instructional video.

Or at least bike the creatively named “Steep Down” trail and see if they can crack the top 50. And no you can’t make excuses based off whatever bike you chose to ride.

Here’s my SS 29er
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5569.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	365923
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah... I think the Coach jokes are sort of off the table now, even around here. But most people didn't catch that one post. We'll have to stick to the third floor bathroom as far as Parvo stories are concerned. Or pantsuits.
    Pantsuit wss Tonghands. Miss his great HOF stories.

We even had JongSlaughter show up in this thread - that seems like a rarity these days (or maybe I’m not frequenting the right corners of this site)

Pantsuit! Pantsuit! Pantsuit!

(as was noted, that was tonghands, but always a worthy reference)

I’m getting bored. Can someone insult somebody or something?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The good news is I found the rog. He's lurking on Instagram picking up pow tips

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I am on the spectrum usually mis social cues.
    I can't believe that we've moved past a literal pole measuring contest and this nugget was missed in the middle of it. The most important truth in this entire thread.

It's cool, my desk job is in engineering, I'm sure I'm on the spectrum too. Otherwise I would have gone into sales.